10 Questions

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2012, 06:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1) What's one of your most favorite ways to relax after a day of work, or being home with the kids?

2) Name one thing that is a MUST for your Spirituality, and why it is.

3) Do you prefer to make your own spiritual tools, or to buy them? Do they have more meaning to you if they're made yourself, or bought?

4) When you're not feeling Spiritual, or when you are feeling Spiritual, why do you think that is? (if this applies)

5) For beginners on any certain path, or paths, what books, sites, or advice would you recommend to them?

6) If you could go back in time and speak to your younger self, what words of wisdom would you give?

7) On past lives/reincarnation, where do you stand on this issue? If you believe in it, would you like to find out more about it? Dig a bit deeper, to see what exactly happened? Whom you were connected/surrounded by in that lifetime ( and many other lives)? Do you feel that you're connected to some (or all) of those people from your past life (lives) in GS now? (know this has been covered some already (okay,lol a lot), but asking again, coz of some new members )

8) On mythological creatures, which ones do you believe have a bit of truth to them, and which ones do you not? And, why?

9) Which animals are you more drawn to than others? Which ones are you leery of? Which ones do you connect easily with? And ones that you do not, at all?

10) What Goddess(es)/God(s) do you feel are with you at all times? Which one(s) have been with you from birth? Which ones are recently making their presence known to you? (if this applies)
January 1st, 2012, 07:35 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) What's one of your most favorite ways to relax after a day of work, or being home with the kids?

Can I have two? The first thing is the big hug and pure look of joy I get when I go to pick up the boys from daycare. That is the best moment of a work day.

The other is going on a run.

Prayer. Because just a few words of prayer can give me a different perspective, or give me the time I need to refocus, or to realize what I had been missing.

3) Do you prefer to make your own spiritual tools, or to buy them? Do they have more meaning to you if they're made yourself, or bought?

I normally buy them.

4) When you're not feeling Spiritual, or when you are feeling Spiritual, why do you think that is? (if this applies)

I always feel less connected if I haven't been praying regularly.

5) For beginners on any certain path, or paths, what books, sites, or advice would you recommend to them?

From a Christian perspective, go to Bible Gateway and find a translation you identify with. Also, don't let yourself get down by the people who have been taught the same thing over the years by their religious leaders...there is a good chance when you read and interpret the Bible, you are going to see that many people have it wrong.

6) If you could go back in time and speak to your younger self, what words of wisdom would you give?

Don't worry so much about what others think. They aren't concerned with you as you are with them.

7) On past lives/reincarnation, where do you stand on this issue? If you believe in it, would you like to find out more about it? Dig a bit deeper, to see what exactly happened? Whom you were connected/surrounded by in that lifetime ( and many other lives)? Do you feel that you're connected to some (or all) of those people from your past life (lives) in GS now? (know this has been covered some already (okay,lol a lot), but asking again, coz of some new members )

I do believe in reincarnation...I actually think the Christian "Hell" is simply separation from God, and let's face it, life on Earth with all of its heartache and distractions IS separation from God. I can see God saying..."I love you, but you didn't get it right, so you have to go back and try to figure it out."
This wouldn't be in the Bible bc too many people would just figure, oh well, if I screw it up I will just come back in the next life.

I have some snippets of recollection from other lives, and yes, I def think I have known some of my GS sisters before

8) On mythological creatures, which ones do you believe have a bit of truth to them, and which ones do you not? And, why?

Unicorns and Dragons. There is an awesome song by The Irish Rovers that explains that Unicorns are gone b/c they wouldn't get on the Ark with Noah that has resonated with me since I was a kid...that's all I have.

And there were dinosaurs..why not dragons?

9) Which animals are you more drawn to than others? Which ones are you leery of? Which ones do you connect easily with? And ones that you do not, at all?

LOVE: Wolves, tigers, dolphins, polar bears, crabs (weird, I know), dragonflies, hawks

connect with: hawks and dragonflies most easily. Wolves and tigers if I happen to be at the zoo

leery of: spiders and rodents...fast moving bugs in general

big fat no on: hyenas, roaches, ants (mostly due to allergies and the whole death from ant bite thing)

10) What Goddess(es)/God(s) do you feel are with you at all times? Which one(s) have been with you from birth? Which ones are recently making their presence known to you? (if this applies)

Only one for me

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
January 2nd, 2012, 04:22 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What a wonderful piece of reflective work for this very spiritual year. Thank you Jen for instigating this.

Heather, I do love your thoughts and philosophies. I find what you write about Christianity very inspirational, and it always tips me more on to the interfaith side than the Pagan side for a while. Maybe I should re-read the Bible...I did not know that about the unicorn song, and it's amazing that you should mention that just as I am drawn to and working with unicorns. It totally resonates with me also.

Recently, I have relied on TV a lot. I want to get out of that and into meditation or reading something inspirational.

Following my heart. I believe that love is the most powerful force in the universe. And I am learning more and more that my intuition is right 100% of the time. My big lesson this year is to let go control and simply go where my heart takes me.

A bit of both. Made or bought don't take precedence over one another. It's more about resonance. Some of my most powerful spiritual tools have been bought, like the selenite I discussed in Ashleigh's thread, or the dragon athame Charlotte bought me in a soul sister exchange, or the angel wish dish that Molly bought me in our Xmas exchange 2010. And some of them have been made, like my old manifestation wand, my Spirit Flight wand, and the Yule log I decorated last year.

When I'm not feeling spiritual it's usually because I've deviated from my path and am feeling lost and confused. When I am feeling spiritual it's usually because something has happened (usually an intervention by the angels or one of you ladies) to set me back on the right path again.

For beginners on the journey of their own spiritual path, I would definitely recommend reading James Redfield's "The Celestine Prophecy" series, Dan Millman's "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior", the works of Paulo Coelho and the Dalai Lama, and Diana Cooper's "Light Up Your Life".

For beginners who want to work with angels, the one key book is Diana Cooper's "A Little Light On Angels" or "A New Light On Angels".

For anyone beginning a Pagan journey, "Pagan Paths" by Pete Jennings is an ideal first read.

There used to be a lot of good websites, but not so much anymore. A lot of the stuff out there is very repetitive. The few I'd recommend to beginners would be http://www.crystalinks.com/"]Crystalinks[/URL], NVisible, Order of the White Lion, and the directory OmPlace which has mostly decent links with trustworthy information. Not all at once, though! There would be far too much to take in.

The one piece of advice I would give would be, while keeping an open mind, you mustn't believe everything you read out there about every esoteric topic. There's a lot of rubbish out there, and a fair bit of difference of opinions among renowned mystics. This is partly false information, and partly just due to the fact that everybody's truth is slightly different, and everybody is not supposed to view everything in exactly the same way. You simply have to take what resonates in your heart as truth...otherwise known as following your intuition. It's a knowing inside, or a warm feeling when you read something. You'll come to know it, and it's important to trust it.

Truthfully the only thing I would go back and say is "you are beautiful". It's the one thing it took me years and years and years (after being bullied over greasy hair and acne and being "plain" in my teens) to believe. And yes, that belief might have changed my life at a couple of junctures.

I absolutely believe in past lives. I have had spontaneous visions or meditative visions of several past lives. I have tried digging deeper on a couple of them through past life meditations, but I think what I have learned is that it's the sort of knowledge that will come through when it's ready to, and not before. It can't be forced. There are certain set times of our current incarnation when it would be beneficial to know about a past life. For example, when I felt an inexplicable connection with a rock star, to the point that I truly loved him to the core of my being despite the distance and the impossibility of it, it did help me, and keep me sane, to know we had shared a past life and were soulmates. It explained the feelings and made me feel less silly, and it gave me an awful lot of strength to touch his life and create magical moments without attachment.

I would still be interested to get a regression, though I fear it would uncover yet another past life and give me more fragments, rather than bulking out one of the past lives I already know about.

Some of the past lives I know about include: a life in the late 1700s as a gypsy in Spain; a (short?) life as a Negro slave girl; a life in the 1800s/early 1900s as a young stately lady who was almost kept prisoner by her parents, kept from her true love, and died in a carriage in a flash flood; a life as a knight in silver armour in the Dark Ages (Arthurian?) who I can still invoke for protection, which I feel was based in Scotland; a life in the Dark Ages in which I was involved in and saddened by the persecution of the Scots (Robert the Bruce/William Wallace/Edward I time - I have reason to believe I may have been Eleanor of Castile, Edward I's wife); a Tudor past life of which I know very little apart from I was close to Jane Seymour, Henry VIII's third wife; a life in 1600s New England, in which I wasn't persecuted as a witch, but conducted herbalism which was seen as witchcraft and ran away instead of standing my ground; a past life in Atlantis as an initiate in the crystal temples - which also linked into Ancient Egypt and being something to do with the cult of Anubis; and a past life in WWII possibly in Poland or Austria (yet to visit either, but would like to, to check for deja vu and further insights).

Yes, I have known some of you lot in past lives. I certainly know that Steph and Tiff were connected to one of these past lives, as they have had the intuitions and visions of it even more strongly than I have, but I'll leave it to them whether or not they share. I also feel I have definitely known Mystic Jen and that that is connected to the knight past life and Scottish castles. I feel drawn to a few others of you karmically, but am not sure which life (indeed even if it was any of these, or another life) I knew you in - yet!

All of them, actually. I never really believed in mythological creatures for a long time but it just comes from personal experiences (being drawn to dragons, for example, and dreaming of unicorns) and then thinking about evolution and the fact that some creatures have died out through the course of evolution, so it's perfectly possible that those creatures we hear of in stories, myths and legends may once have existed on the physical plane. I believe that the most magical of those creatures, namely dragons and unicorns but there are also griffins/gryphons, phoenixes and the like, left the earth plane as it became more steeped in third dimensional, heavy energy, as they are beings of higher vibration. I also believe it's possible they may return. I'm working with unicorns currently, who seem to be instrumental to 2012.

I'm drawn to big cats, first and foremost: tigers, cheetahs, lions, and jaguars. Of these I find tigers the easiest to connect with. I do believe my main animal guide is a tiger...I saw it in meditation quite recently actually! I am always drawn to the big cats at the zoo. I'm also drawn to little cats, we have always had house cats, and I would have another if it weren't for my mum really not wanting another after losing Annie. I have found that many of our cats have had psychic little ways.

I'm also drawn to birds, particularly the blackbird family, which also includes magpies, thrushes and robins. They seem to be messengers for me. I love feeding the birds and have had many enlightening moments where little birds have sat in the garden and seemingly sung just for me, or when I have had particular birds approaching me or the window to stare at me lol. And as for magpies, I see them everywhere, lol. And the magpie rhyme has held true for me over and over again.

I love all animals, and other favourites include lizards (all kinds), bears (all kinds), bats, giraffes, elephants, horses and deer (especially reindeer).

The only ones I'm leery of are most primates (there are exceptions such as lemurs, but there's something about primates I'm not fond of, ridiculous really as we're related to them!); and most dog-like animals (not that I don't like dogs per se, pet dogs are nice, but I wouldn't choose one myself, but anything related to dogs such as bush dogs, painted dogs, hyenas, wolves and huskies - just not keen).

The only absolute nos are spiders and wasps. However I recognise spider as my shadow animal and have worked hard to combat my arachnophobia so I can still receive its medicine and wisdom.

I think I have a different take on goddesses and gods to most Pagans, and it's possibly one point where I am actually more Interfaith really.

For me, there is one Source, which I call Universe, which some people call God. It's a force of love that permeates everything. There is no division.

I believe that different goddesses and gods are archetypes or facets of that whole. That the perception of them came into being when people in the past received a "glimpse" in one area of life. And that their energies grew up as archetypes as people worshipped or called on them. Some of these goddesses and gods are in fact ones who lived in the past and were worshipped as gods, who became Ascended Masters - they therefore have a perceivable energy of their own. Some of them I believe are purely archetypal.

I do not have any "with me" all the time, but at present I am very drawn to Guinevere and Isolt. And I have always had a "thing" about Anubis. I'm also interested in Ra. But for me, I only pray to the force I call Universe. And I work more with Archangels than god or goddess energies.

January 2nd, 2012, 04:45 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) What's one of your most favorite ways to relax after a day of work, or being home with the kids? sleep!...yeah right...Zoey doesnt sleep much. Music

2) Name one thing that is a MUST for your Spirituality, and why it is. An open mind! Why...because you never know everything!

3) Do you prefer to make your own spiritual tools, or to buy them? Do they have more meaning to you if they're made yourself, or bought? niether...i havent really done either

4) When you're not feeling Spiritual, or when you are feeling Spiritual, why do you think that is? (if this applies) A higher energy telling me this is what/where I should be at for this stage of my life (eg: when Im pregnant, most spiritual stuff stops)

5) For beginners on any certain path, or paths, what books, sites, or advice would you recommend to them? I would LOVE to know this answer!

6) If you could go back in time and speak to your younger self, what words of wisdom would you give? continue as is, and it all happens for a reason and will pan out ...everything is great in my life

7) On past lives/reincarnation, where do you stand on this issue? If you believe in it, would you like to find out more about it? Dig a bit deeper, to see what exactly happened? Whom you were connected/surrounded by in that lifetime ( and many other lives)? Do you feel that you're connected to some (or all) of those people from your past life (lives) in GS now? (know this has been covered some already (okay,lol a lot), but asking again, coz of some new members ) Im sure there is...but unsure where to start

9) Which animals are you more drawn to than others? Which ones are you leery of? Which ones do you connect easily with? And ones that you do not, at all? birds at the moment im drawn to.

January 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sitting with my hubby and a glass of wine, talking about our day.

Hope and Faith-I need to have a positive attitude and outlook, hoping for the best, and faith in others, the universe, and myself.

I buy them, or they are given to me. I like to wait until Im drawn to something.

I think I let myself be distracted with negativity and outside influences.

The Crystal Bible Its a good resource for info on stones and crystals.

To trust my intuition and follow my heart, not to be afraid.

This is tricky, I dont know. I believe there are people with whom I have had a relationship or connection to before this life-some say past lives, some say pre existance. That is as much of a answer as Ive got for this one

I dont really feel drawn to many animals, just a few in particular. My dog is like my shadow though
ETA-Ladybugs. I remember loving them growning up and they find me all the time over the last few years.

I have no idea. I feel my Grandpa is around me a lot, even more so after my son was born. I believe my Grandma tries to connect sometimes too. They are as specific as I can tell.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; January 2nd, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
January 2nd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

1. Chatting online.
2. Belief. Without a belief in something bigger than myself I wouldnt have spirituality at all.
3. I follow my instinct. Ive yet to make my own tools but the ones Ive gotten all spoke to me and thats why I bought them.
4. I think I dont feel spiritual when Im feeling overwhelmed in my daily life. I feel spiritual when Im able to stop, relax, and listen to my inner Divine. But when daily stress interferes I dont hear that voice.
5. The Idiots Guide books are awesome.
6. I would just let my younger self know that looking at the bigger picture and being open to all around me is definately the way to go. Other than that Id not say a thing or have her change a thing.
7. I believe we start out with an outline of what lessons we want to learn and we are reborn til those lessons are tended to then our energy reunites with the Universe. I think those in our lives that we are closest to, that we have a connection with have always been in our lives somehow...the circle never ends, never breaks. Its hard with online friends but there are a handful of people Ive met online over the years(but never met IRL) that I feel very connected with and I know we've met before and will meet again.
8. I really havent an answer for this one. I think most were probably real just became misinterpreted over the years from what they truly were. That game "Telephone" happens a lot over years of storytelling, heck even if written down it can get convoluted as the years wear on...thats why I think the way I do.
9. Cheetahs, Phoenix(the mythological birds), Gorillas, Snakes(dream about them a ton). I dont connect with small animals much like hamsters or bugs, or most birds or fish. I havent a clue why but those are the animals that have always been of interest or always seem to show up in my life more often for one reason or another.
10. Lakshmi, the most. Ive always believed in a God and always felt there was a Mother God(if you will) but growing up she wasnt the focus, just the Christian version of God. Nowadays she plays a bigger role in my life but I feel a male presence as well.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) What's one of your most favorite ways to relax after a day of work, or being home with the kids? Feet up with a cuppa watching tv.

2) Name one thing that is a MUST for your Spirituality, and why it is. Angels, most of my spirituality is based around angels.
3) Do you prefer to make your own spiritual tools, or to buy them? Do they have more meaning to you if they're made yourself, or bought? I buy mine because i simply wouldn't know where to start in making them.
4) When you're not feeling Spiritual, or when you are feeling Spiritual, why do you think that is? (if this applies) Not sure, its probably what is going on in my mind at the time. If im very stressed out im not that spiritual but when that stress passes i get an increase in my spirituality for a while.
5) For beginners on any certain path, or paths, what books, sites, or advice would you recommend to them? I would highly recommend this board for anyone who is beginning as i find all you ladies very supportive and helpful with anything i need help with.

6) If you could go back in time and speak to your younger self, what words of wisdom would you give? Enjoy life and not stress out so much. Stress does not fix anything it just makes things feel worse than they actually are.
7) On past lives/reincarnation, where do you stand on this issue? If you believe in it, would you like to find out more about it? Dig a bit deeper, to see what exactly happened? Whom you were connected/surrounded by in that lifetime ( and many other lives)? Do you feel that you're connected to some (or all) of those people from your past life (lives) in GS now? (know this has been covered some already (okay,lol a lot), but asking again, coz of some new members ) I believe in past lives but don't really know much about any of mine or if i was connected in past live to anyone in my current life.
8) On mythological creatures, which ones do you believe have a bit of truth to them, and which ones do you not? And, why? I belive unicorns have truth to them. No particular reason why i believe that i just do.
9) Which animals are you more drawn to than others? Which ones are you leery of? Which ones do you connect easily with? And ones that you do not, at all? I love dogs, i don't like cats and i couldn't have one in the house. My mum also has a huge fear of cats, maybe because its something ive grown up with thats stayed with me in adulthood.
10) What Goddess(es)/God(s) do you feel are with you at all times? Which one(s) have been with you from birth? Which ones are recently making their presence known to you? (if this applies) Not sure about being with me from birth but over the last few years ive had an interest in Lakshmi and i have a pic of her in my hallway.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
January 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to add a site update. I seriously love this woman and hope I get to meet her someday.

There are plenty of individuals that give "Christians" a bad name, b/c they subscribe to a club that thinks you have to act a certain way, not say certain words, and be offended by "x...y...and z"

Most of you ladies have known me a long time so know that kind of behavior isn't my style. Makes finding a church home a beast

THIS lady is what I think more Christians should be Worst Missionary Read that post first and then go through some of her more popular posts.

Trust me

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!
January 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Watch a movie with DH, or documentaries. Lately I've been coming home and playing games with Kailey and then laying down and watching a movie w/ the girls and going to bed. I like that a lot too

Tarot cards. It's not a must, but it's my most favorite divination tool. I feel very connected when I do readings.

I've only bought mine, but if I was craft enough to make them I would.

Most likely chakras are off, or it could be that you're changing so you're sitting back while contemplating the next step.

There are no particular books or paths I would recommend really. The internet in general is your best option and forums. You'll gather more information there to branch off and google your own interests and find books for yourself.

Crap I don't know. lol

I do believe in past lives and there is one particular life I'm interested in, or moreso - one person who's been in 3 different lives with me.

I believe in all mythological creatures. They reside in other planes and realms.

I like all animals in general, but there's nothing that I'm particularly really drawn too. Fearful of spiders. They're just gross.

I haven't been connecting with my Goddesses lately, I think things are changing in that area. I feel like they're barely there - then again I haven't been focusing on them a whole lot lately with moving. I'm curious as to why I don't have any male Gods, just three females, Hekate, Artemis and Athena.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 8th, 2012, 09:04 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
1) What's one of your most favorite ways to relax after a day of work, or being home with the kids? Cuddling with DH, reading or watching a movie.

My crystals, pendulums and tarot cards.

3) Do you prefer to make your own spiritual tools, or to buy them? Do they have more meaning to you if they're made yourself, or bought? I usually buy them but I wouldn't be opposed to making them.

4) When you're not feeling Spiritual, or when you are feeling Spiritual, why do you think that is? (if this applies) I think when I'm not feeling spiritual it's because I need a break. When I am feeling spiritual it's because I need to do something or know something.

5) For beginners on any certain path, or paths, what books, sites, or advice would you recommend to them? Learn what you can from asking others and reading books about your path.

6) If you could go back in time and speak to your younger self, what words of wisdom would you give? Don't marry the first guy! Take control of your life and make it what you want it to be.

7) On past lives/reincarnation, where do you stand on this issue? If you believe in it, would you like to find out more about it? Dig a bit deeper, to see what exactly happened? Whom you were connected/surrounded by in that lifetime ( and many other lives)? Do you feel that you're connected to some (or all) of those people from your past life (lives) in GS now? (know this has been covered some already (okay,lol a lot), but asking again, coz of some new members ) I believe in past lives. I'd love to do a past life regression at some point. I know I've had a past life with Anne and a couple with Steph. The three of us are very connected.

8) On mythological creatures, which ones do you believe have a bit of truth to them, and which ones do you not? And, why? I think that mythological creatures exist but are either hidden or on a parallel plane. I'd love to see a dragon.

9) Which animals are you more drawn to than others? Which ones are you leery of? Which ones do you connect easily with? And ones that you do not, at all? I'm very drawn to horses, wolves, tigers and cats. I connect with them very easily. I'm leery of dogs but I'm getting better with that. The ones that I do not do at all are snakes and spiders.

10) What Goddess(es)/God(s) do you feel are with you at all times? Which one(s) have been with you from birth? Which ones are recently making their presence known to you? (if this applies) I don't know which ones have been with me since birth but I've been feeling a definite draw to the old Norse gods as of late.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search