Friday Five 20th April

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

Randomosity!
  1. If you were given one million dollars, on the condition that you had to give half of it away, how would you go about giving away half a million dollars?
  2. Do you write letters or send cards to anyone via the postal system regularly, only for special occasions such as birthdays, or not at all?
  3. What is the most treasured memento you have kept?
  4. If one of your friends phones you at 4am because they are depressed and upset, but you have an important job interview in the morning. What do you do?
  5. What is the phrase or quote that sums up who you are as a person?
mindy scott likes this.

April 19th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Fae*Aibell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1.If you were given one million dollars, on the condition that you had to give half of it away, how would you go about giving away half a million dollars? I would build my mam and dads granny flat for them, get one brother a new car and the other brother a new van, and give some into a trust fund for my nephews and niece, and my god-children. I would pay of my BFF mortgage and get her a new car. As my brothers have no mortgages i would put some money in the bank for them, then i would donate some money to Autism Ireland, a wonderful charity.
2.Do you write letters or send cards to anyone via the postal system regularly, only for special occasions such as birthdays, or not at all? I would send birthday cards to my friend in Canada, and i would send christmas cards to her too and to all my relations in england and south Africa.
3.What is the most treasured memento you have kept? My kids hospital bracelets from when they were born, a lock of hair from their first hair cuts, their first pair of shoes, my nana's jewellery, and most importantly my little angels ashes, i scattered half of them but can't bare to part with the other half, they will be scattered with mine when i go.
4.If one of your friends phones you at 4am because they are depressed and upset, but you have an important job interview in the morning. What do you do? I talk to them for as long as they need, my friends welfare is more important than any job.
5.What is the phrase or quote that sums up who you are as a person?My mother always uses this quote with me and its not the most flattering she always says 'you'd fall into a slurry pit and come out smelling of roses', which pretty much sums me up, no matter what happens with me i always come through it and out the other end better than i was when i got into it.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies: Harry, Ewan, and Audrey.
I am at one with God and with Nature. I feel my oneness with absolutely everything.

PROUD CO-HOST OF UK AND IRELAND MUMMIES
April 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
If you were given one million dollars, on the condition that you had to give half of it away, how would you go about giving away half a million dollars?
I would donate it to different organizations that are for sustainable living, raw food, small farming etc...

Do you write letters or send cards to anyone via the postal system regularly, only for special occasions such as birthdays, or not at all?
Never.

What is the most treasured memento you have kept?
I've pretty much given away ALL of my possessions in the move except my kids and wedding ring I have their baby stuff. That's prized to me

If one of your friends phones you at 4am because they are depressed and upset, but you have an important job interview in the morning. What do you do?
I wouldn't hear the phone at 4am. If I did hear it, I wouldn't even get up to check it truthfully.

What is the phrase or quote that sums up who you are as a person?
Not the slightest clue.

No really... that's the phrase

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
1.If you were given one million dollars, on the condition that you had to give half of it away, how would you go about giving away half a million dollars?
I would give it to people who i know could use it and would put it to good use !

2.Do you write letters or send cards to anyone via the postal system regularly, only for special occasions such as birthdays, or not at all?
I do send bday cards to my neices and nephew

3.What is the most treasured memento you have kept?
My pictures

4.If one of your friends phones you at 4am because they are depressed and upset, but you have an important job interview in the morning. What do you do?
I talk to them ! My friends know they can call me anytime and some accually have. I will stay up all night talking if they need me.

5.What is the phrase or quote that sums up who you are as a person?
I am a people pleaser

April 19th, 2012, 11:19 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
If you were given one million dollars, on the condition that you had to give half of it away, how would you go about giving away half a million dollars?
Since DD was in Sick Kids I would donate some to them and any other children's hospital.
Do you write letters or send cards to anyone via the postal system regularly, only for special occasions such as birthdays, or not at all?
Pretty much never I always mean to and never do.
What is the most treasured memento you have kept?
Anything involving my daughter. Hospital bracelets, clothes, pictures, plus I have a memory box of things from when I was younger.
If one of your friends phones you at 4am because they are depressed and upset, but you have an important job interview in the morning. What do you do?
I talk to them. I can always drink 3/4 cups of coffee in the morning. I've done this for friends before.
What is the phrase or quote that sums up who you are as a person?
I don't think I have one actually.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

April 20th, 2012, 12:54 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you were given one million dollars, on the condition that you had to give half of it away, how would you go about giving away half a million dollars? numerous charities to help others...kids in hospitals, make a wish, cancer research, WSPA, SPCA, Save the children, Red Cross
Do you write letters or send cards to anyone via the postal system regularly, only for special occasions such as birthdays, or not at all? definately birthday and xmas cards...sometimes just randoms as well
What is the most treasured memento you have kept? photos and some things that were my mums, grandparents
If one of your friends phones you at 4am because they are depressed and upset, but you have an important job interview in the morning. What do you do? Go over and be with them and help them talk it out
What is the phrase or quote that sums up who you are as a person? love makes the world go around, laughter stops you getting dizzy

Tags
friday five

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search