The Holy Grail

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Mitra Shonu
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By *PurpleMidnight*
  • 2 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By lhug_nar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
The Holy Grail is, of course, reputedly the chalice from which Jesus drank at the Last Supper, given to him by his uncle, St Joseph of Arimathea.

It's deeply bound within Arthurian myth in which the knights Lancelot, Galahad and Perceval searched for the Holy Grail to bring back the fertility to the wasteland and to Arthur's dying reign itself. Only Galahad and Perceval were pure enough to see the Grail, and only Perceval was able to release its power and heal the land.

I read an interesting article about it today in a magazine. There are a few snippets and chalice rituals which I will share later in the week.

But for now...

Do you believe in the Holy Grail myth?

Do you believe it ever was found again after Jesus' Last Supper, by the knights of the Dark Ages or anyone else?

Do you believe it's still out there somewhere? For real, or as an energy?

What sort of power do you think it holds?

May 28th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Hmmmm...

I'll have to give these questions some thought...not sure what I believe on the subject, other than I do believe Jesus drank from a cup at his last supper...

Did someone have enough sense to save the cup and/or hide it? Not sure.

If the cup was found by anyone, knights or anyone else, how would they know it was Jesus' cup? So, theoretically I guess lots of people through the ages could have found it...it could even be in a museum somewhere as a general anthropological treasure from thousands of years ago....or it could have been used by family and friends of Jesus during their lifetimes and served it's original purpose as a drinking vessel until it could no longer function as such and was then discarded. (Basically, I don't think it was saved as an important artifact because if that were the case, wouldn't Jesus' friends and family saved other personal items of his?) And if it was found hundreds of years later, especially by knights of the dark ages, how would they know or verify that what they found was indeed Jesus' cup?

As for power it holds, I think whatever power might be contributed to the cup could actually come from the intention and energy work and wishes of the person holding the cup and who believes in it's power.

If I were to find the Holy Grail, I would be more in awe of "wow...Jesus' lips actually touched this cup" and, "He held it in his hands", and "It actually sat on the table at the last supper." But I've always been interested in anthropology and archaeology...I'm only just now starting my learning experience with myths and legends...I like the story aspect, and yes, I do think there is a bit of truth in the stories somewhere, but mostly I think myths and legends are tools used to teach us life lessons.

(Wow, I think I may have jumped the tracks with my train of thought...oops!)
Carwen*Angel likes this.

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

May 28th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Thought-provoking. I am holding off and gathering my thoughts, too. The article really inspired me.
Mitra Shonu likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 06:29 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
in all honesty..Im not sure where i stand now days on Jesus as a whole
my_boys_are_my_joy likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think the Holy Grail is a real object. I think it's a symbol, as is the quest for it. The quest for an object that Jesus touched represents our quest to have a relationship/understanding of God. Holy Grail is the prize for that quest and is.... dadadada!!!! Unerring faith. At least that's my two cents.
Carwen*Angel and Mitra Shonu like this.

May 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyfidget View Post
I don't think the Holy Grail is a real object. I think it's a symbol, as is the quest for it. The quest for an object that Jesus touched represents our quest to have a relationship/understanding of God. Holy Grail is the prize for that quest and is.... dadadada!!!! Unerring faith. At least that's my two cents.
I like this concept...

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

May 31st, 2012, 01:46 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I thought the holy grail was his daughter at least thats what the movie, the da vinchi code told me
Mitra Shonu likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (16) and K (11), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our 1st together in 2015.
May 31st, 2012, 06:51 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Do you believe in the Holy Grail myth? I believe something like it I guess... Not in the traditional sense anyways.

Do you believe it ever was found again after Jesus' Last Supper, by the knights of the Dark Ages or anyone else? I don't believe that the Holy Grail is a chalice. I think it's his first born. I don't think that anyone ever knew that her father was Jesus though. I think that they kept that close under wraps so that they wouldn't be hunted.

Do you believe it's still out there somewhere? For real, or as an energy? I don't think that his daughter is still out there, I think she's probably buried in a family plot with Jesus and Mary Magdalene. I do however, think that his blood line is still out there, even if it is majorly diluted.

What sort of power do you think it holds? I think that the blood line still holds a lot of secrets that have been passed down over generations. I do think that there is probably a book or something of the like on the stories and secrets.
Mystic likes this.
June 3rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
I never heard of that theory before. Interesting.

Tags
spiritual living

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search