Your Own Religion

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
If you were to create your own religion and run your own place of worship, how would it be?

July 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
It would honestly be a lot like the UU church.
It would have a little bit of something for everyone, noone would be treated poorly for believing different and we'd have one event per month for each religion represented.

There would be weekly meetings where a Universal message would be presented and at least one song(cuz I love music).
Carwen*Angel likes this.
July 15th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Sounds good to me! Mine would be very nature-based with some sort of outdoor worshipping space, but would incorporate other beliefs such as my belief in angels. It would be very much about every faith having a piece of the puzzle and about putting those pieces together so all would be welcome. It would be good to get different people leading worship from different perspectives, and to have some sort of weekly study group where people looked at tolerance and respect and common ground between beliefs.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

July 16th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a lot of thoughts about this actually. Because my faith is a creation of my own beliefs. I believe in God and Christ... but I do NOT believe in an infallible Bible or any other sacred text. Because it's been touched by imperfect human hands, it's not perfect. I also think that all prophets in all religions have a bit of it right. To me, there are many paths to God (divine, universe.. all the same to me) because everyone needs their own way to have a relationship and since we're all different.. God reaches out to us as we are. SO, with all that in mind.. I'd like to NOT have an organized day of worship I'd like to have many, many small, roadside chapels with quiet gardens for people to stop in to pray,meditate or center themselves.. sort of like McDonald's for the soul.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 17th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Terri, I don't just like that, I LOVE it. Wish you could start that up. McDonalds for the soul.

On many Greek islands, they have little Afandou chapels (the blue and white ones you see in the brochures) belonging to the Orthodox church dotted around, and most of them are open. They have such a beautiful energy. You can just drop in and light a candle, say a prayer, leave a donation, soak up the energy. Your idea totally reminds me of those.

And God reaching out to us as we are makes TOTAL sense. After all, don't most angel experts believe that angels also manifest to us in a familiar form we would be comfortable with, whether it be human, animal, column of light, orb, or classical angel. I prefer your vision to mine!

Tags
spiritual living

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search