Archangel of the Month July/August - Archangel Gabriel

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Some time ago now people seemed to be agreed that they would like to see "Archangel of the Month" resume and it was decided that we would "do" Archangel Gabriel first. I figured I would make Gabriel AotM for July AND August because we're nearing the end of July and also as I don't know when exactly baby will make its appearance, it's more realistic.

I will start with some information about Archangel Gabriel first from reading and my own experience, and then anyone else can feel free to add further knowledge of their own, links or questions. *Please do not copy & paste information direct from any website as this is in breach of copyright and against JM's T&Cs - and please no Wikipedia. *

If you're not sure what an archangel is, start here (Working With Archangels).

So who is Archangel Gabriel?

Archangel Gabriel is commonly seen as the Archangel in charge of life purpose and destiny. He is one of a small number of angels mentioned in the Bible and also the Qu'ran where he is known as Jib'ril. He brought the message to the Virgin Mary that she was with child and would give birth to the Son of God. His status as a messenger of important tidings is still very much relevant today. If you open your heart and mind you may well hear whispers from Gabriel about your life purpose and where to turn next on your life path. Archangel Gabriel's aura colour is usually thought of as yellow/gold, and visualising this colour may help to align you with his energy. Gabriel is sometimes spelt Gabrielle. It's important to remember that angels are androgynous - a perfect balance of male and female. How you experience each angel depends on your energetic need and sometimes on your expectation.

How to work with Archangel Gabriel

You may find that if you request help from the angels in general, through prayer, petition, or writing them a letter, Archangel Gabriel approaches YOU either via a sign or a dream. However if not, you can ask for Gabriel's help by writing him a letter or an email explaining the situation you wish for help with. You will find Archangel Gabriel most helpful in situations such as preparing for a new course of study or career; making career decisions; solving problems or overcoming obstacles in your job; working out your life's purpose; and helping you through if you're feeling at all "lost", confused or confounded upon your life path. Archangel Gabriel can also assist with inspiration for writers or those who work creatively, and with teaching you to channel information from the angels - this is one reason why writing down your concerns to Gabriel is a good focused way of calling on him. Due to his association with the Virgin Birth, he is also a good angel to call upon with any concerns or requests for spiritual support or strength during pregnancy.

For a quick invocation, in a time of crisis or need or if you are drawing or reading angel cards or attempting to channel information from above, simply repeat Archangel Gabriel's name three times.

How does Archangel Gabriel respond?
(or what signs to look out for)

An important point here is that Archangel Gabriel will only respond at the appropriate time. He is all about patience and working to the timeline only your higher perspective may understand. You may not receive an answer that day, or even that week, or that year, though this Archangel is so powerful you should have 100% faith that he will "get back to you" as it were.

The most common response is something in writing, so do make a point of reading spiritual material online, in magazines or books you feel drawn to. However, sometimes it could be in your common-or-garden newspaper or even a novel - a quote, inspiration, advertisement or article which absolutely answers your question. You could also try automatic writing - holding a pen in your hand and writing what comes. This will probably take practice to get more accurate answers. Gabriel will also answer in dreams if you are able to have lucid or symbolic dreams (you can make this possibility more likely by working with amethyst, lepidolite or angelite). He tends to appear as a person with a yellow/gold glow and will introduce himself simply as "Gabriel". He tends to show rather than tell in dreams, taking you to a scene or a place or a person which can reveal your answer or some guidance.

His answer may be cryptic, or may only answer you in part. Again, this is about what you're ready to know at any one time, and about you receiving your whole answer at the perfect time. If only some of the answer is revealed, part of your life lesson may be to figure some of it out yourself, or unseen factors or events may need to resolve first, or you may need to develop spiritually to a further extent before you will be ready to receive the full answer. However, Gabriel is indeed a guiding light, who can show you the way. Instead of being frustrated at not getting a full and immediate answer, be grateful that you have been given the appropriate guidance at this time, and act on it.

What else should you know about Archangel Gabriel?

Archangel Gabriel's energy is very potent. For a beginner to the spiritual path, make sure you ground yourself before working with him, using grounding crystals such as hematite or smoky quartz, visualising roots descending from your feet into the earth, or sipping plenty of water. If you begin to feel spaced out or light-headed during working with Archangel Gabriel, politely ask him to be gentle, or to leave you for a time to assimilate his energy. You can also use Archangel Gabriel aura spray to help you attune to his vibration prior to working with him so that you are not fazed by his energy.

Archangel Gabriel may touch your life first through somebody else whose spiritual vibration is more highly attuned than yours. If you have asked something of Archangel Gabriel, he may, for example, come through in an angel reading for you. My first contact with Archangel Gabriel was through a more evolved lady who was participating on the same archangel workshop as me. We were performing angel healing on one another using a grid of crystals and Archangel Gabriel aura spray. When she was doing my healing, she received the message "joy and fulfilment" to relay to me. This was at a time where my relationship in particular was unhappy and unfulfilling. I believe to this day that Gabriel's message was to buoy my spirits and let me know joy and fulfilment was on its way. And it was 100% true.

Archangel Gabriel's feminine counterpart or Archaeia is Hope. As a female, you may prefer to petition Hope rather than, or as well as, Gabriel - her energy is slightly more elusive but slightly less overwhelming! Archangel Gabriel's name means "God is my strength". He is also one of the principal angels assisting with the 2012 energy shifts so if you're at all worried about those it could be helpful to ask him for reassurance.

Recommended Links from me

Previous JM article - Archangel Gabriel's Garden of Guiding Light

Angelology

Order of the White Lion (this has a slightly different perspective but is a beautiful page with some intriguing information) - Gabriel

Copyright Silverla StMichael 2012.
(That's my spiritual name for anyone thinking I may have copy pasted!)
Shades of Grey likes this.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; July 19th, 2012 at 07:53 AM.

Tags
archangel of the month

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search