Creating a Love Altar

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
For Jenn, but also for anyone else looking for love or seeking to heal a relationship or take an existing relationship to the next level.

How a Love Altar worked for me

A bit of preamble first, just to say, this totally worked for me. When I had my own flat in 2009 I created a love altar on my mantelpiece. I met my soulmate in April 2010 - probably around a year to the day I started the love altar, bearing in mind I moved into the flat in March 2009. However, a love altar is not a static piece of magick or energy work. I continued to add to it, gathering power items and items of special significance to me and adding fresh flowers from time to time, all through the year. When I moved back in with my mum following my dad's passing in February 2010, I re-created the altar on my bedroom windowsill, and the rearranging of items probably shifted some energy, too. The red rose candles I had also melted over in the sunlight and I believe that sealed the magick.

I did not ONLY have the love altar, either. I did Doreen Virtue's Romance Angels meditations (available on CD). I also stopped actively looking for love and did other things I loved, showing the universe how much I loved and valued myself and could find fulfilment in myself - I studied Music at university and I travelled to visit friends in Portugal and Scotland, just me and Daniel (which as it happened all fed into the altar because I gathered things from each of my trips to add to it). I sent my wish for a soulmate out across the ocean on beautiful Arrabida beach in Portugal. I also made a cosmic order (Jonathan Cainer's book on this has the most effective methods for me) and did some creative visualisation exercises from Esther and Jerry Hicks' book "Ask and it is Given" on the Law of Attraction. I did a lot of healing work on my heart - cord cutting with Archangel Michael (see A.Michael sticky), carrying a rose quartz soulmate amulet bought for me by a friend, working with a rose quartz crystal diffuser, cobalto calcite and barite stone roses (when I say "working with" I simply mean "meditating with" and/or assimilating the energies by placing them in my environment).

Not everyone might need to do ALL these things, and if you have already had some time out of the relationship/dating circuit, and made your intentions clear to the universe in some way, and done some form of healing and clearing work, the love altar alone may be enough.

What is an Altar?

The point of making any sort of altar is to focus your energy and use it to co-create your reality or send directed healing/positive vibes out into the universe. You can make any sort of altar - whether a mixed spiritual altar with crystals, natural objects and spiritual tools; a magical/Pagan/Wiccan altar with the classic representations of earth, air, fire, water and ether/spirit; a seasonal altar with colours and objects in keeping with the natural biorhythms; or an altar dedicated to attracting a specific quality into your life. A love altar falls under the latter category.

It is good to include each of the elements somewhere on your altar and it is also good to draw in angelic energies, as angels are "waiting in the wings" to help us at all times but need a sign from us that we wish them to assist; and angel images, prayers, figures, or associations on a dedicated altar will draw them in to help with that situation. However, it's really about using your intuition to find the right objects that will sit upon your altar, and go with your heart rather than your head. ANY object that has meaning for you which is associated with the purpose of love could be included.

How to Make your Altar

Full Moon is an ideal time to do this, or otherwise, any date which is significant to you.

You need to start by clearing and dedicating a space. A shelf, table, or windowsill is ideal. It needs to be out of reach of children and pets, and could be in your home or garden, preferably somewhere you frequent a lot. You can alternatively keep your altar items in a box, and take them out to lie on a cloth and meditate over regularly - at least once a week - until you have successfully attracted love into your life. Physically clean the space. Cleanse it energetically using angel spray, sage smudge, incense, a crystal pendulum, a Mayan or Indian bell or ting-sha, rattle, drum, singing bowl, or burn four tea-lights in the corners. Dedicate it to the highest good and ask your angels and guides to connect to the items on your altar and help them work for you.

A cloth or piece of material should form the base of your altar. Colour association is good here - for love, pink and/or light green is ideal; for a passionate love, red would also work; for a love born of friendship, orange is also a good colour; and in the absence of any of these colours, white will work just fine. I would always recommend candles with colour associations. On my love altar, I was lucky enough to find two beautiful red candles with carved roses, so they had the association of the romantic rose as well. But any candle of the above colours would work. If your altar is on a windowsill, I would recommend jar candles or tea-lights, as pillar candles tend to melt down and spoil in the sunlight. Candles also account for the element of fire. And I would have some items in twos on a love altar, candles are an obvious one to have a matching pair. By the way, it's not necessary to light them, though you may wish to on special dates, at New Year, Full Moon, or when you first set up the altar, and say a prayer or state your wishes, or write your cosmic order and place it under one of the candles or elsewhere on your altar.

For the water element, shells are the ideal. This is because they associate with mermaid energy, which is conducive to attracting love. Again a pair of similar shells would be ideal. I had two matching ridged white shells which I found together on Arrabida beach after I sent my wish across the ocean, so they seemed significant to me. But any shells that mean something to you would work. If not shells, a mermaid picture or ornament would work well, or an image of the ocean, or aquatic animal such as a dolphin. For air, bring in the angels! Angel ornaments, or wing ornaments, or images, are ideal. Wind chimes or dreamcatchers with the above colour associations would also be superb. I have an angel wind chime which was a gift from a much loved friend which contributed to mine! For earth, fairy ornaments or images. Or flowers. Roses are ideal, as the flower of love - either artificial, dried (to try a bloom hang it upside down while still alive and there is still goodness in it) or simply replace a fresh one periodically. Or crystals! Lots of crystals resonate with the energy of love - rose quartz is the obvious one, and you can even get them in the shape of hearts. Any pink or light/vibrant green crystal works well though, according to what feels right to you - you could try morganite, kunzite, mangano calcite, strawberry quartz, smithsonite, stilbite, cobalto calcite or fuschite for the pink; aventurine, malachite, emerald, dioptase, moldavite, green fluorite, or green agate for the green. Watermelon tourmaline has a bit of both! Barite stone roses are also associated with love. I had two on my altar surrounding my rose quartz diffuser. The ether/spirit element is already covered if you have something angelic or fairy-themed on your altar. If not, perhaps a different type of spirit appeals - unicorn, dragon, phoenix, a power animal picture/ornament/soft toy, Jesus, a saint, or perhaps a prayer or love poem/verse (printed or hand-written) appeals to you more.

Have something heart-shaped, too! I had two heart-shaped pot pourri holders. If you don't have any heart-shaped ornaments or artwork, you could simply cut out red or pink hearts and stick them up as background! And finally, add anything which represents love or is a special item to you - trinkets, jewellery, keepsakes, mementos, pictures, the word "love" itself represented in some way - whatever feels right.

Using your Altar

It's important to state your intention to the universe in some way and at some time - either when you set your altar up, or on a special or significant date to you. You may prefer to write a cosmic order, say a prayer from the heart, make a simple wish, say affirmations ("I feel love. I live love. I AM love." is a good one for this) or give an angelic fiat (the best one for this is to Archangel Chamuel and his Archaeia - "Chamuel and Charity, let Divine love take dominion now!"). Something short is good then it can be repeated whenever you add something to the altar. Make sure you spend some time each week casting your eye over your altar, whether you add something to it each week, cleanse it energetically each week, add to or amend your wishes, say your affirmations, prayers or fiats, or light the candles and meditate there. Remember affirmations and fiats are best given in repetitions of three. Every time you do this, you can add power with the energy of gratitude by thanking the angels and universe for manifesting love in your life now. The more you can let go and have faith that they will indeed deliver to you, the stronger (and quicker) your manifestation.

Lunar Calendar 2012
- for dates of Full Moons

I no longer have a picture of my altar (sadly - cannot find it anywhere) but it would be great to see any pics if anyone does this, and also to get feedback as to whether or not it has worked for you. Enjoy!

Copyright Silverla StMichael 2012.
JMC1988 likes this.

September 9th, 2012, 01:42 AM
JMC1988's Avatar *Summer Loving*
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988
Wow, thanks so much Sharron! I think this is just what I needed! Reading over your information I associate with many of the things already, so it shouldn't be hard to set my love alter up

Thanks again! I really appreciate this! I need to cleanse myself & heart & start anew.

* Request A Siggy *Co-host of Siggies R Us*View My Gallery *
* Want a siggy designed quickly? Check out my Express Lane here *

Tags
spiritual living

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search