How do you learn to TRUST?

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By stucklikeglue
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By Mystic
  • 1 Post By TreeTog
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
TRUST is a key word I keep getting at the moment, even more so since I did the healing angel visit.

It can be so hard to trust in the universe when bad things happen, though - or seemingly bad things, before the benefit of hindsight and understanding comes into play.

How do you learn to trust? How do you truly manage to let go and believe that the universe will come through for you and everyone you care about? Is there a particular affirmation, meditation or prayer that would help with this? Ideas / brainstorming please!

September 20th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think everyone has those very scary, stressful moments of doubt. I know I do at any rate. I let myself have them without beating myself up.. and then I chant whatever phrase comes to mind that makes me feel better. right now.. I am more than my mistakes helps!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I think TRUST in an ability you are born with and through study and understanding...it grows and can be repaired if broken.

Trusting the Universe/Divine/Etc can be tricky simply because we may trust to an extent we still have our human flaws that get in our way and desire us to be impatient or weary,etc.

Not sure how to get over it per se aside from just continuously reminding ourselves, when in that situation, that we need to breathe deep and let go.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 20th, 2012, 09:16 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont know. I havent been in a situation where terrible things have happened to lose my trust with the universe. I AM SURE that day will come and I WILL probably hate the world because of it.

I think relationships with a partner or friend is entirely different. and when you truly love someone then and only then can it be repaired.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 03:04 AM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
I have a huge trust issue with people. That has a lot to do with my childhood but I am working on it. DH has been amazing support.

As far as the universe. I think I do trust. I have not been in a situation where I thought I did not trust it.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

September 22nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have complete faith and trust in the Universe. I may not understand why bad things happen, but I do know there is a reason behind it.

And I do know that every bad or good thing that happens in our life, is a lesson, helping us to grow and make that small/next step towards the next lesson that is coming. We can try to avoid it, but sooner or later, we will get smacked upside the head by said lessons. LOL Not fun.

On the trust issue. Eh, mine is with people. Part of it is from my childhood, and the rest is from Michael. Being lied to over the smallest things doesn't help build trust, it destroys it. Well, enough of that. lol
Carwen*Angel likes this.
September 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Faith, trial and error, and taking it one moment at a time.

Leslie
Carwen*Angel likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 08:30 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Lots of food for thought there for me ladies.

See...my trust issues are the other way about. I trust in people ok. I have an incredible amount of faith in people. Mostly because I believe in unconditional love, and have had more good experiences than bad with friendships and relationships.

It's trusting the path and the process and the universe that I find tricky and I KNOW it's because I'm a control freak with a capital C. I've done so much work on letting go. And still, I can't let go...lol.

September 24th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Blind faith. It's all I had last summer. Blind faith.

I am safe, my family is safe.
I am happy.
I am secure.
The Earth cares for me and my family.

rinse and repeat (and more along those same lines)
Sacred Silence likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 24th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you give me YOUR definition of who/what the Universe is?

September 24th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My biggest trial with trust is in myself and my interpretations. I am also a total control freak. I over analyze until Im not sure if logic or intuition is stronger. I do have faith in the universe and God in the long run, its the human failings in between that I get stuck on. Not just the failings of others, I know I have my own that keep me from trusting completely. Im still working on repairing trust in my relationship and all I can say is open honesty and COMPLETE honesty is the only way for that to fully heal.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search