Witch's Ladder for Samhain xposted

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MidnightMaiden

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 03:34 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
And while I was digging out posts, here is how I made my witch's ladder last Samhain in case anyone else wants to make one.

EVERYTHING I incorporated on that ladder last year came to pass - strengthened love life/relationship, an ideal job for me, and a baby. I even had a baby girl, after using the pink ribbon!!

This year I want to get ribbons that represent marriage, monetary luck/abundance (for some reason in my head this ribbon is blue though that isn't ordinarily a colour I'd associate with luck/abundance), and health/healing.

I really enjoyed making this. I sat doing it by the window with all my Samhain/Hallowe'en decorations up in between answering the door to trick-or-treaters!!

Here are the ribbons I used. My reasoning was, the white ribbon represented spiritual development and a shift in awareness for all humanity; the pink ribbon represented continued and increased love for me and all my loved ones; and the green ribbon represented fertility and my ability to conceive, coupled with the pink, hopefully a baby girl. The flowers on the white and pink ribbons remind me of weddings, and certainly the particular people I was thinking of around the pink ribbon, I do hope to see lots of weddings over the next year or so!

I kept repeating these three intentions while braiding and knotting the ladder. I have attached three elephants - one silver which I already had from a necklace which broke, and two gold which I bought at the craft store the other day (matching the flowers on the white ribbon). I recently read that elephants are a symbol of fertility and having them on display in your bedroom aids conception, so that's my reasoning there (I think I read it here but am not sure).

Here's the finished ladder!

Close-ups:

October 22nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
I actually went searching for this post when I went and got my ribbons!! Took me a while but I found it. The ribbons I'm using may not typically be used for what I'm hoping for, but it should still work So excited!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

October 23rd, 2012, 05:21 AM
What resonates for you is more important. I feel that my money luck/abundance ribbon this year ought to be blue. I don't know why - you'd think gold, or green for growth, right? But no, I want blue. So just going with it!

It works better searching for topics posted by a member then scrolling through, the search rarely works on keywords atm I don't know why.

October 23rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
I just went over to PL and went through the different pages until I found it, I think it was on page 19 It hasn't been too busy on PL lately, or else I'm sure it would have been further

I know for sure two things that I'm going to wish for... But the third I keep going back and forth on. I hope I figure it out by Samhain!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

October 24th, 2012, 01:51 AM
I went back and forth for a bit on the third. I didn't know whether to wish for a permanent job, but we're talking about next September, and plus I can't figure out yet whether I should be going back to full-time teaching or trying to spark off more in the way of spiritual teaching while I'm off work. So I thought I would go for health and healing which is something I always, always neglect.

Tags
pagan living , spiritual living

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search