Christmas Secret Soul Sister - Sign-up and Information

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By stucklikeglue
  • 1 Post By MidnightMaiden
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
This is the sign-up and information thread for our Christmas exchange or "secret soul sister". Every participant will send and receive a Christmas ornament, card and small spiritual gift to another lady.

INFORMATION

Please vote on budget while signing up in this thread. The vote closes on Sunday in the interests of speed as looking at the final postage dates for Christmas we don't actually have long. I will PM all those signed up early next week to check they are still in for the winning budget.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...l#post26740028 (Christmas Secret Soul Sister - Budget Vote)

Please include a card to the family you are buying an ornament for and post the two together. Your card can be homemade, bought or from a multipack, whatever you want. You may include a photo, round robin letter or other paper-based treat if you wish but this is not obligatory.

The small spiritual gift should literally be that - something small and light that will not add ridiculously to postage costs and within budget. Things like crystals, incense, spiritual dress jewellery, inspirational postcards or small books, lucky charms, and dreamcatchers spring to mind.

International postage at present seems fairly reasonable and is coming in at no more than around the $10-$15 mark for a modest sized parcel which can be held by a jiffy bag. Postage is separate to the budget so bear this in mind when voting. If you buy a flat ornament and gift and package in a jiffy bag that will go through a letter box you will keep the costs down further.

When you receive your parcel, please post a thread to thank your secret soul sister and show and/or tell us what you got.

RULES

- You will need to sign up by Friday 16th November - this gives everyone around 3 weeks to buy and send their ornament, card and gift. If signing up after Sunday 11th November you will not get chance to vote on the budget.

- Only active members of this board may participate. This is not to exclude anyone but because participants must provide their address and I would not encourage them to do so outside a circle of known trusted people. This is at host's/long term members' discretion. If you're not sure whether you are classed as an active member please PM me before signing up.

- Parcels must be sent by 10th December 2012 which is the final date for international postage according to the Royal Mail - internal is only a few days later so assuming it's similar in the US there's no point having separate dates.

- Proof of posting must be retained to send to myself (or a co-host when the slot is filled) in the unlikely event that your parcel goes missing. A receipt will suffice, either paper based to scan and email or an e-receipt which can be forwarded on to us. I do not recommend tracking services as I have found when running other exchanges that they are extremely expensive.

- DO NOT SEND EDIBLE ITEMS IF POSTING INTERNATIONALLY DUE TO CUSTOMS.

- In the unlikely event that somebody does not receive a parcel and their buyer cannot provide proof of posting, the buyer concerned must either send a new parcel when requested to by myself (or a co-host when the slot is filled) or will not be able to participate in any future exchanges on this board. We will not be leaving anybody without, if this happens we will discuss on the board how we can get a parcel to that person. I really don't think this will happen though.

HOW TO SIGN UP

1. Sign up in this thread.

2. Copy and paste the questionnaire into PMs and PM your answers to me, Lady Valkyrie. Please do this straight away as it really slows things down when I'm waiting for PMs. Friday 16th November is the deadline.

I will pair everyone up by Sunday 18th November and you will then have a few weeks to organise your gift and postage.

PM Questionnaire

*PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COPY PASTE THIS TO PMS AND DO NOT INCLUDE IN YOUR REPLY TO THIS THREAD.*

Name as it should appear on parcel:
Full address including country:
First names of your family for card:
Decoration colour scheme if you have one:
Decoration theme if you have one:
Hints for gifts you would especially like:
Any gifts you particularly do not want:

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; November 7th, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
November 7th, 2012, 09:30 AM
It seems we have 3 voters on the budget, but no sign-ups and I haven't had any PMs. One of them was me, though, of course.

Please sign up here and if you would also send your info by PM as soon as you can that would be great. I will double check whether you're still in for it after the budget is finalised...would just rather not hang about given the short timescale.

November 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sent
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im in
Carwen*Angel likes this.

November 7th, 2012, 12:58 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Will be sending necessary info in a few here
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Bumping to top in case some haven't seen. I am meaning to PM everyone too and make sure everyone knows about this and the angel course.

November 14th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Last call ladies!

The budget vote came out at $20/20. If you've signed up but are not happy with the $20/20 budget please PM me. If and only if there is more than one of you, it may be possible to pair you on a lower budget.

November 14th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to pm.. my computer has not been cooperating.. I'm in.. but I think you knew that already.. right?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

November 14th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I thought you were from what you said in the general discussion, but it's helpful to have it all in one thread, as I'm running 4 exchanges total across 3 boards and I'm easily confused.
Sacred Silence likes this.

November 19th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I'll pair everyone up either today or tomorrow, sorry late. Terri, please could you send me ur add on FB if you're still having probs with PMs? Tahx. I probably have it somewhere on my pc, but it's so clogged up with word docs that need a good sort out, if I do it would take forever to find it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search