~*~ Festive Season Check-In Thread ~*~

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree41Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Let's check in, regroup, reconnect, and use this thread to discuss our festive season plans and how we're doing with preparations for them.

If you've been MIA be sure to say hi and tell us what you've been up to as well!

So, what's your IRL first name (as we have a few new ladies)? If you've been MIA, what have you been up to? What are your festive plans?

Pop and check in as many times as you can over the festive season!

November 27th, 2012, 06:23 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
Let's check in, regroup, reconnect, and use this thread to discuss our festive season plans and how we're doing with preparations for them.

If you've been MIA be sure to say hi and tell us what you've been up to as well!

So, what's your IRL first name (as we have a few new ladies)? If you've been MIA, what have you been up to? What are your festive plans?

Pop and check in as many times as you can over the festive season!
I am Beckie. I have been up to no good. LOL I am a SAHM, at present homeschooling my 5 yr old (and by proxy the 2 yr olds because they won't be left out), doing some childcare for a friend (so I have an extra toddler around) and I do a lot of sewing & wasting time I shouldn't be wasting.

My festive plans are weak weak weak. I am STILL not done packing up Halloween - we did a lot of decorating & had a party & then had a lot go on the past month, so I am behind & being begged daily for a tree to go up...but so far no deal. My MIL will visit in a few weeks, we will host Dh's family party here, my big family party is on that same day (nice how that is so convenient, huh?) and then I *think* we are done until Christmas Eve when we host a small evening gathering with lots of good friends & just really relaxed.

On the upside I am near done with gifts. I've made a lot this year & have a few more to finish, but otherwise I *think* I am just about done with shopping. YAY! I will make bath salts again (not the get you high & make you a zombie kind ) with the boys as a bonus gift for all the ladies in our life. We do that every year now pretty much.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

November 27th, 2012, 07:43 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ya checking in. Im Angi. We have the tree up but its not decorated yet. Dec is going to be very busy this year. Breana's birthday party is Saturday, and her actual birthday is next thursday the 6th. I cant believe she is almost a year old!

November 27th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im Ashleigh I havent been on this week as much as I would like, its been a busy week! My husband and I have finally found our car!!! I can not express my relief and excitement!! Our car was stolen earlier this year from in front of house and we have been saving, utilizing public transportation, and carpooling since then. Oh, Im so excited to go grocery shopping at my own convenience again! lol Tomorrow Im also getting our new washer! Our current washer has been on its last leg, only able to do a very small load at a time without leaking. As this baby is just about due, and Im planning to use cloth diapers, Im so relieved to be getting a new one.

Having typed all that, I feel like Im just grateful for stuff... But its more feeling actually prepared for this baby who has been a surprise in so many ways, before even being born. His space is finally coming together and I feel more ready each day.

As for holiday plans.... I have no idea. Im afraid to make any really. Im due the 28th, but I believe he will be early. (Oh how I hope to not be in labor or in the hospital over Christmas!!) I have gotten my Christmas shopping done for my 4yr old though. It feels great to not have that hanging over me as I am realizing more of my physical limitations. Im hoping that since Truett will likely be here before Christmas, we will get lots of quality time as a family and have some visitors when Im ready.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 27th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklikeglue View Post
Hi ya checking in. Im Angi. We have the tree up but its not decorated yet. Dec is going to be very busy this year. Breana's birthday party is Saturday, and her actual birthday is next thursday the 6th. I cant believe she is almost a year old!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Is she your 1st? If so...OMG what a great year that is. So long & hard & fast & fun all wrapped in one. It's like an enigma...it feels on one hand like it would never end (the waking & teething & sleepless nights & waiting for first words or setting up or crawling) & then all of a sudden you wonder where the time went.

LOVE it! I am so happy for you. Happy bday to Breanna & great job momma (and dada) at surviving it!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

November 27th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Ashleigh, did your insurance cover your stolen car!? I so badly want a new washer and dryer. But in all honesty I just want a darn engagement ring for Christmas. This is our 5 Christmas together.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

November 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Aw, Angi-Happy birthday to your little princess!!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
November 27th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck12 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Is she your 1st? If so...OMG what a great year that is. So long & hard & fast & fun all wrapped in one. It's like an enigma...it feels on one hand like it would never end (the waking & teething & sleepless nights & waiting for first words or setting up or crawling) & then all of a sudden you wonder where the time went.

LOVE it! I am so happy for you. Happy bday to Breanna & great job momma (and dada) at surviving it!
Sharron am I allowed to reply to this?!

No, she is my second. I have a 5 year old from a previous relationship. He lives with his father (not my choice, Not something I did except work and go to school) She has been sick so many times and cranky and then 2 teeth popped through on the bottom and then last week was so terrible and all of a sudden 4 teeth popped through at the same time up top. I love being home with her and catching all of this. She started walking in the beginning of Nov. and now she is everywhere lol.
beck12 and Carwen*Angel like this.

November 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Nope, we only had liability on the car... Then 3 weeks later, the cops found it in the ghetto completely stripped... The cops actual words were 'You're going to S#!* when you see it', there werent even seats left... My husband and I had been separated before that, and soo much with meaning was still in the car... years of letters and pictures... It hurt to have it all ripped away but was also a way to start over. A very, very well disguised blessing

LOL I kinda surprised myself, writing that is was a blessing...

I hope you get your ring for Christmas Angi
Carwen*Angel likes this.

November 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM
thats terrible that it happened but glad you see it as a blessing. You are a strong women to think like that because I dont know if I could. Have you and your husband read "the 5 love languages"? a must read whether in a bad spot or not!

November 27th, 2012, 08:18 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Hi! Good Morning! My family went looking at trees last night. Ryan wanted the tall big round pine trees that cost over $150. The trees were about 10ft, that he wanted. I want a 5-6 ft. fir tree. David wants a 3-4ft tree. The smell was great.

November 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Thank you Angi, its been one of the toughest years of my life, and I honestly hadnt really acknowledged it as a blessing until I was typing that... Its been a crazy series of events but I know this year is ending in a much better place than it began. I havent heard of the book, but I will check it out! Thank you for the suggestion
Carwen*Angel likes this.

November 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Angi, you can reply to another member and I wouldn't count that as double posting (for challenge purposes) .

November 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Im Hillarie!!!

No plans yet this festive season other than to get Dan through it. He's getting worse everyday so if he can hold out til after Christmas we will be happier than anything.

My life consists of dealing with his needs and that of my 3 boys and house so Ill just be thrilled as can be if we get the toys for the boys come next week. We have been blessed the last couple of struggling years but this year we can do some ourselves and are thrilled to do so. Plus I plan on having each boy pick out a toy for a needy child and donate it to the Toys 4 Tots box because of our blessings we want them to understand how important it is to pay those blessings forward to others.
November 27th, 2012, 11:56 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Hello!

I'm Natasha. I have been working! So that's why I haven't been on as much as I was before. Saturday and Sunday I work 6am-2pm and Friday and Monday I work 10am-2pm. It's the whole getting up at 4am to be at work for 6 that's taking a lot out of me right now. But I love my job so it's totally worth it!

Hmmmm. Plans. Well. I'm hoping to do something special on Yule. But I have a funny feeling I'll only be able to squeeze in a meditation. Which I'm content with.

I work Christmas Eve, but only until 2pm, thank goodness. Christmas Eve has always been just as important to my family as Christmas Day!

Christmas day Chris works, not until 2:30, but still kind of sucks. Which means I'll be having Christmas Day dinner with my mom and Grandma with just myself and Nevaeh. Then Boxing Day I'm having dinner with my dad and his fiance, which will just be myself and Nevaeh as well, since Chris will be working that evening too.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else we'll get up to

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Ashleigh, you've been on such a journey this year. I feel that once Truett arrives you will enter a time of peace and happiness after all the ups and downs! I hope he arrives before Christmas for you hon.

Sounds like lots of Christmas preparations are going down! Beckie we'd love if you'd share your bath salts recipe! (probably would be loved by the Green Mommies board as well ). Leslie, a 5-6ft tree is the middle ground so I think you should get what you want.

Angi, that's my Christmas wish too, but I doubt I'll get it given finances right now.

Hillarie, you are so inspirational. What you have been through in recent years is so heartbreaking and you are still such a pillar for Dan and such a strength and fantastic teacher to your precious boys. I really hope your family's festive season is filled with all the blessings you deserve and that you have the most wonderful, intimate, special and magical Christmas ever with Dan this year.

As for us, plans so far are Daniel is off to his dad's from the 21st to the 26th. So we will have our Christmas Day on the 27th. My aunt and her daughter will probably join us. On the 26th, Mum, Michaela and I will probably go to a different aunt's house as she has open house with a buffet and everything on Boxing Day and we get to see all Mum's side of the family. On the 29th or the 30th (not sure yet) we'll be travelling down to Lincolnshire to spend New Year with Shaun's family and they can see how much Michaela has grown.

November 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Natasha - I completely understand you about work interfering with the holidays. My hubby has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas.

November 27th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Sounds like a very busy holiday for everyone.
Ashleigh, if you have a kindle I can lend you the book. I just need your email. Actually you may not even need a kindle

So this is how December stacks up for us,
the first we are having Breana's party, the 8th is my tad's surprise 50th bday party, the 15th is a close friends wedding, the 17th the in laws will be flying in, the 18th we will be meeting up with the in laws and my parents for a Christmas dinner. My family is going to Iowa. Christmas eve we are having Christmas with the in laws they leave Christmas day and then Christmas day we are going to his gmas.

November 27th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
Im Ashleigh I havent been on this week as much as I would like, its been a busy week! My husband and I have finally found our car!!! I can not express my relief and excitement!! Our car was stolen earlier this year from in front of house and we have been saving, utilizing public transportation, and carpooling since then.
I am really sorry your car got stolen. That is awful!

November 27th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklikeglue View Post
thats terrible that it happened but glad you see it as a blessing. You are a strong women to think like that because I dont know if I could. Have you and your husband read "the 5 love languages"? a must read whether in a bad spot or not!
Have you read the 5 love languages of children? I absolutely love it. It really doesn't do much for kids under 4-5 yrs old, but it is such a great read. I've loaned my copy so much I inadvertently can't recall who has it right now. :S

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search