Daily Challenge 28th November

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Your challenge today is to do some fact-finding.

I haven't had time to make an information thread on a festival for the calendar for some time, and we are going to do a few together over the course of this challenge. You guys are going to find the facts, and I'm going to compile them into one post which will be linked to the calendar.

We'll start with the easy one...Christmas.

Find me some facts about Christmas. You may not copy and paste. Whatever facts you find you must write in your own words. They can be about the meaning of Christmas, traditions and festivities over the Christmas period, anything which is related. They can be from your own knowledge, reading or from researching on the web (providing you put it in your own words). You could try different searches in the search engines (such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask.com, and MSN) - eg "Christmas traditions", "Christmas facts", "Christmas celebrations" etc to uncover different material.

It's one point per fact. You may only post up to 10 facts at any one time after which you must wait until someone else has posted to post again. This is to make sure everyone gets chance to post some. I will be doing the main count from this challenge this weekend. However you can continue to add facts through to December 31st, and you can add as many as you can think of or find. I will do a final count up then.

HINT: If you find a really good website for this you may want to bookmark it as it will come in handy for a later daily challenge.

Please post all your facts here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; November 29th, 2012 at 04:42 AM.
November 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
The first Christmas card was designed by a Englishman in 1843.

Leslie

November 28th, 2012, 07:51 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Santa's reindeer have boy sounding names like dancer and prancer and comet and cupid, but male reindeer shed their antlers around Christmas so most likely its girl deer on Santa's sleigh

The 12 days of Christmas song refers to items of God, example, two turtle doves represents the old and new testament of the bible. the True love is the Catholic Church's code for God....

June 26,1870 when Christmas became an official holiday

November 29th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christmas trees are known to have been used in celebrating Christmas in Germany beginning in the 16th century.

In England, they became popular after Queen Victoria's husband, Albert, made a tree part of the celebrations at Windsor Castle.

In the U.S. the earliest documentation of a Christmas tree is found in the diary of a German immigrant who lived in Pennsylvania!

December 17th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
1 for Leslie, 3 for Angi and 3 for Terri so far.

Tags
christmas challenge

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search