So, the last week...

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
..didn't go entirely as planned. We did clinic, Michaela is still gaining steadily but not at as rapid a rate as some kids do, HV was still annoyingly negative about it. We went to see Daniel's nativity (there are pics on FB I know most of you have seen them but for anyone who hasn't - I am Silverla StMichael on there if anyone from here doesn't have me on there), which was lovely.

Cutting down online time did nothing for my relaxing/sleeping. If anything I was getting more wound up and anxious. My sleep issues are now absolutely terrible. I tend to get 3 hours in before waking up feeling like I need to express. Can't get back to sleep until I do it. Then take time getting back to sleep. Then get another 2-3 hours before waking up with that same feeling. And then once I've expressed again, there's no time to go back to sleep as it's time to get up with Michaela. As you can imagine I feel pretty crap. I'm getting pretty down about it, and my IBS is back with a vengeance. I am going back to the doctor on Tuesday about it. I'm hoping to go back on my IBS meds, as they'll get rid of the IBS symptoms, are also mild anti-depressants and I know they used to help me sleep better before because they make you drowsy. The old doctor at the practice said he'd leave them on my repeat prescription for after I was done ttc, being pregnant and breastfeeding so I didn't have to mess about. That doctor left, and one of the new doctors has now taken it off my repeat prescription. So have to go back and ask about it.

I'm also really struggling to get my milk supply to stop. There's really no point having it anymore, if I'm going on the IBS meds, Michaela can't have it. Besides which, she's getting to much prefer the formula, whether due to taste or satisfaction, I'm not sure. She pushed away breast milk today and cried. Then took a bottle of formula. I'm using sage drops and taking vitamin B6 and am barely expressing, just once in the day, once before bed and once in the night. It IS reducing, but soooo slowly. So I'm going to speak to the doc about that as well since it's the main source of my insomnia.

AF is back with a vengeance this week...due to the reduced pumping? :*(

AND Michaela was too poorly Thursday to go for her injections...for the second time! This worries me since I am pro-vaccine and whooping cough is doing the rounds in Daniel's school. But she was absolutely full of a cold and also had a sickness bug. So now we've abandoned appointments. The first day she's well enough, we have to ring the surgery and they'll squeeze her in with the nurse. She's much better today, so I'm really hoping she'll be well Tuesday and I'll be able to take her when I'm going anyway.

Still haven't put up any decorations whatsoever. Meh.

December 9th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry your week off wasnt what you'd hoped it would be. Peppermint is supposed to reduce your supply. Maybe try drinking some tea each day? If you have peppermint oil, you could rub it on your chest.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
December 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks Ashleigh! Shaun usually has peppermint tea in. I'm not fond of it, but will drink a cup each day if it will make it stop!!

December 9th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it helps

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
December 9th, 2012, 09:38 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is a great link! Guidelines For Rapid Reduction of Milk Supply

sorry your week didnt go as planned

December 10th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Thanks Angi. I'm already doing most of that. I haven't spoken to the doctor about it yet but will be tomorrow. Babies don't have separate doctors here, but since Michaela has always been supplemented with the same formula I don't see a problem in that respect.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search