Crystal of the Week 19th Jan - Carnelian

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel

Information is my own knowledge in my own words, checked against and supplemented by Melody's Love Is In The Earth - A Kaleidoscope of Crystals.

Carnelian is a powerful stone which was sacred in some ancient cultures (thought to have been one of the stones in a high priest's ceremonial attire) and is a popular choice for crystal jewellery, especially power bracelets. It energetically balances the sacral chakra - the second chakra which is located just beneath the navel. For this reason, on a physical level, it is a good stone to use to ease problems or blockages with the digestive system or waterworks. It is a symbol of fertility and can be used to give a boost of energy when trying to conceive. It can also be worn, given as a gift or placed in the bedroom to ignite passion and increase libido. Carnelian can also help to bring clarity and healing to anyone who has issues with sex or sexuality.

Its bright, warming orange colour is inspiring and beautiful, hence its use in jewellery - so it can be a good stone to use if suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder or any lack of energy or motivation. It boosts confidence and self-esteem and can be a good crystal to carry with you for moral support when faced with a situation out of your comfort zone or when you feel anxious and apprehensive. Carnelian can also inspire creativity and productivity, so could be a great companion for that important meeting, approaching a deadline or doing any form of creative work or hobby. It has been thought of by some as a warrior's stone, representing strength, perseverance and great courage. Another form of its name is cornelian and it is of the chalcedony family, a hard crystalline structure which can withstand water cleansing. Pink carnelian is a rare form of the stone which can additionally increase harmony between parents and children.

Copyright Silverla StMichael January 2013

MidnightMaiden likes this.

January 19th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive used carnelian in the past, I love it. It is definitely a happy stone. It always makes me feel like smiling

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 19th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I never really liked carnelian. I chose carnelian this week for a friend who's ttc and I recommended it to her. When I was doing the crystal of the week today, it then occurred to me that I could really use carnelian at the moment and I dug mine out. Talk about synchronicity.

January 19th, 2013, 05:21 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
I was going to pick one up the other day, but Nevaeh was unfortunately wreaking havoc. In hind sight, not the best store for a toddler

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

Tags
crystal of the week , spiritual living

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search