SSOTW this week 3/11 is Terri - crankyfidget! :) Please come read & ask questions! :)

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree94Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 11:38 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You have such a lovely family! I've always wanted to be a medium. Do you think you can choose this gift and or is it something that's chosen for you?

March 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I said earlier this year in a post that it is the gift I'd most want to have and did not realize I possessed at the time. I prayed for my gift to be revealed to me and not very long after that, I realized what was going on (sort of). I think we all HAVE the gift. It is a matter, really, of choosing to tap into it, into strengthening it. xo
Carwen*Angel and lhug_nar like this.

March 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry must have missed that post or forgot I read it. I'm glad it was shown to you!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
NO! I meant earlier in the year! Sorry! It was an interesting question posed. Which gift would you wish to have? I believe that's it. I hope I didn't come across as imiplying you should have read it! And, I wished to be a medium! It was a neat thing.

March 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Stucklikeglue, I'd also like to offer you a reading. I'd thought to offer two today. PM me if you're interested! xo
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
More questions for tomorrow...

One wish to be granted...what would it be?
Choose a new color for the sunset...what would it be and why?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
How do the messages come through Terri? Do you get words/sentences/pictures? How do you know the difference between your own thoughts and the messages?
March 15th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I know Thursday has passed but I am loving all the neat questions about your gift. You are one talented and inspirational lady, Terri. And your insights are always true. Xxx.

More questions for question Friday:
- Do you have a favourite archangel?
- Do you have a favourite crystal?
- Do you have a favourite spiritual book and author?
- How many spiritual books do you own?
- What else do you like to read?
- Do you have a notebook to note down impressions as they come to you when you're tapped in?
- Have you ever inadvertently tapped into spirit at a really awkward time? What did you do?

Here is your little mini-reading from me (anyone else who reads or draws oracle cards is most welcome to read Terri or give her a message as well).
I am drawn to my Michael cards for you, since Michael is always around you.

GO FORWARD FEARLESSLY
USE YOUR IMAGINATION...AND YOU'LL SEE THE ANSWER
SPEND MORE TIME OUTDOORS

A prayer for you: "Thank you for walking with me every step of the way, for holding my hand, giving me confidence and courage, and guiding my thoughts and actions in the direction of love and my true life's purpose."

I feel this is confirmation that you are absolutely on the right path, and your gifts are going to go from strength to strength - also that there's another gift you're on the verge of discovering, and creative activities may help you to uncover it. Making time for contemplation in nature and in the outdoors will also help keep you "in flow" and open to your gifts. I feel you will receive a message for someone here quite out of the blue in the next few weeks which will bring great comfort and joy. You are an awesome force, Terri. Michael has more in store for you but for now just leaves you with his smile, his love and the protection of his magnificent wings around you. Xxx.

March 15th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Kaydee... I'll answer your question about my gift before I begin all the Friday questions. I get messages through all the clairs. I see images at times, or hear words or phrases at times, sometimes, it's just a knowing or others a feeling. I get them in different ways at different times. When Spirit is with me to to deliver a message to loved ones still here, I get a sense of what they look like.

And, learning to hear Spirit and know it's Spirit and not me is a subtle practice. For one thing, Spirit knows things I wouldn't. And for another, Spirit typically speaks to me from the left side of my brain. My ego typically lives on the right. Also, when I FEEL really strongly about something I normally wouldn't which normally happens in the course of a conversation with a friend, I'm likely channeling Spirit in that moment. I have to stop and ask who is with me, it's always Spirit.

For me, embracing this gift requires a daily practice. It takes a committment to put my ego aside everyday and to allow Spirit to guide my life in every aspect. I love it.

Sharron, thank you so much for my message from Michael, I do love him so. It literally brought me to tears. Thank you, thank you, thank you. <3

March 15th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
Favorite day of the week and why?
Favorite meal to make your family.
Best quote you have ever seen about your beliefs.
My favorite day of the week is Thursday. I speak to my Spiritual Teacher on that day, usually for a couple of hours and it's just a lovely connection.

I love to make Thanksgiving. I know you meant a regular meal but really this is my favorite.

God speaks in stillness. LOVE that quote. I could probably rattle off about 50 more... lol.

March 15th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee78 View Post
How do you communicate with your guides?
What is your favourite colour?
What type of music inspires you?
My guides!!! I LOVE them! My first communication with them was through much meditation.. it took me a bit of practice and I felt very frustrated because it wasn't what I was expecting it to be like and I missed some of it. I didn't expect them to sound so much like me! I sense that I have about 8 guides but I only know three. My Master Teacher is the one who helps me most in readings.

GREEEEEEN! I love green.

There are so many types of music that I love.... for me, it's more individual artists and songs than genres.. my faves are as follows, Somewhere Over the Rainbow , IZ version. What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, Amazing Grace (there is a version sang with whales!), Leo Sayer who is and obscure artist from the late 70's, mantras are new to me and I love them. Ong Namo by Snatam Kaur and Aum Namah Shivaya by Deva Premal are great. Pachelbel and Handel are my favorite composer of classical. Coldplay is my favorite band ever. Fix You and Yellow leave me in emotional puddles. I could go on.. sorry for the book!
Carwen*Angel and Adding1more like this.

March 15th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain~Mama View Post
What is the most recent thing one of your kids said that made you laugh?
What is something that grosses you out?
What is your favorite part of nature?
Oh my gosh. Christian quoted something from Harry Potter. I startled him and he said, "Granger, I thought you were a Boggart." We both giggled because we are huge Potter nerds.

Nothing much grosses me out.

I love the sky. The morning sunrise-colored sky. There is this shade of blue that isn't visible any other time of day but morning. It's seems that the sky is a miraculous canvas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklikeglue View Post
How do you find time to work, be a mom and a wife, and find time for spiritual learning?
What's the best advice you have for finding your path and staying focused.
Do you believe in aliens lol
I set the intention to have the time to live my life. And, hokey as it sounds, Spirit provides. Now, sometimes that means less sleep for me... but sleep is a small sacrifice for all the gifts
I've been given.

The best advice for finding your own path? Meditation. The best advice for staying focused? View your path as a practice and commit to it every.single.day.. even when you falter. xo

And, yes, I believe in beings from other planets and other dimensions.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Last edited by Sacred Silence; March 15th, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
March 15th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
I might know I'd missed something off the "do you believes" - although aliens might not be all that fitting within a faith/religion questionnaire anyway.

I must say, you make fascinating reading, Terri. Thank you for opening up to us about your path! I knew some, but not all, of your story and it's wonderful to be witness to your blossoming.

Some questions for Friday:

What was the "breakthrough moment" for you on your current path?

What made you decide to convert to Catholicism as a young woman?

Do you and Brian share the same spiritual views?

What's the most valuable lesson your spiritual teacher has taught you?

What has been your favourite moment with each of your kids?

What can you see them deciding to do when they grow up?

And something completely unrelated but I still want to ask it...What was the inspiration behind your lovely FB page?

(and I'm going to post it here in case any of these lovely ladies have not by some chance seen it, if you like spiritual inspirations, it's wonderful).
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unpav...ref=ts&fref=ts
My breakthrough moment came before I knew I had a gift really. It was when I was feeling lost and facing my 40th birthday having accomplished none of the things I wanted for myself, personally not as a mother, and I realized something is just wrong here! I started praying and meditating with Michael around my life and the direction it was going. A few weeks later, I realized that I am able to channel Spirit.. and off it went from there. Until recently, and I mean within the last few weeks, I thought everyone was like me. Knowing down in their gut what was coming, able to see into the immediate future to anticipate things that were coming, able to empathize with others in the way that I do. I now realize that I have been tapping in my whole life without realizing what I was doing!

I was searching for faith as a young woman. Catholicism is very different than my upbringing. Ritual and quiet homilies felt peaceful and stable which are two things I needed desperately at that time.

Brian and I do not share spiritual views. He is agnostic. We simply respect each other.

My Spiritual Teacher has taught me so many things that the mind reels. She frustrates me at times because she doesn't just give me the answers but the best thing is that she has taught me to seek my own inner guidance, to believe in myself and to love without judgment. She makes me work for my path. LOL.

My favorite moment with Christian was really the day we spent in NYC together. We laughed and talked all day. It was... lovely.

My favorite moment with Ryann was when we were driving home one day. I just reached over and patted her knee and she looked at me and said, "I love you too, Mom." It amazed me that at the ripe old age of 9, she knew that my little pat meant love. She's a neat soul.

Emerson. We were hanging out the other night and my ipod was playing "Shake Your Bootie" by K.C. and Sunshine Band and she was dancing and giggling.. I was too. It was just a neat moment. Brian was giggling at us from the other room.

I could see Christian being a writer/actor/director. Ryann a designer. And Emerson loves stethoscopes so a doctor. lol

Ahh, my FB page. I wanted to create it but was afraid. I shared with my teacher and she said YES, do it and do it now. So, I did. LOL.
So, I stepped out of my comfort zone and did it.

Last edited by Sacred Silence; March 15th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
March 15th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRW View Post
If you could have a "perfect" day, what would it look like?
Would you move and live somewhere else?
Has being 40yo changed your perspective on things?

Leslie
I suppose I wouldn't choose a perfect day. They are all perfect for me just as they are now. Not that my life is everything I want (ego) but it is what it intended for me and there is a wealth of learning, discovery and surprise in days that do not go according to plan! I love the surprise of moments that are unplanned.

I would love to move south. To live in warmer weather.

Being 40. It provided the oomph I needed to really look at my life and myself and think, I want this go differently from here on out. It has empowered me.

Quote:
More questions for tomorrow...

One wish to be granted...what would it be?
Choose a new color for the sunset...what would it be and why?
One wish granted. I wish for my kids totake the gifts they have been given and use them to their highest purpose. I'd actually wish that for us all.

I might include the color blue that only occurs in sunrise in the sunset and just because it immediately connects me to the knowledge that all of life is truly a miracle.

Last edited by Sacred Silence; March 15th, 2013 at 08:05 AM.
March 15th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
I know Thursday has passed but I am loving all the neat questions about your gift. You are one talented and inspirational lady, Terri. And your insights are always true. Xxx.

More questions for question Friday:
- Do you have a favourite archangel?
- Do you have a favourite crystal?
- Do you have a favourite spiritual book and author?
- How many spiritual books do you own?
- What else do you like to read?
- Do you have a notebook to note down impressions as they come to you when you're tapped in?
- Have you ever inadvertently tapped into spirit at a really awkward time? What did you do?

Here is your little mini-reading from me (anyone else who reads or draws oracle cards is most welcome to read Terri or give her a message as well).
I am drawn to my Michael cards for you, since Michael is always around you.

GO FORWARD FEARLESSLY
USE YOUR IMAGINATION...AND YOU'LL SEE THE ANSWER
SPEND MORE TIME OUTDOORS

A prayer for you: "Thank you for walking with me every step of the way, for holding my hand, giving me confidence and courage, and guiding my thoughts and actions in the direction of love and my true life's purpose."

I feel this is confirmation that you are absolutely on the right path, and your gifts are going to go from strength to strength - also that there's another gift you're on the verge of discovering, and creative activities may help you to uncover it. Making time for contemplation in nature and in the outdoors will also help keep you "in flow" and open to your gifts. I feel you will receive a message for someone here quite out of the blue in the next few weeks which will bring great comfort and joy. You are an awesome force, Terri. Michael has more in store for you but for now just leaves you with his smile, his love and the protection of his magnificent wings around you. Xxx.
You know that I love Archangel Michael like no other. Although, Gabriel is up there for me as well.

I don't use crystals much at this point. But, I have to say the kyanite Ashley sent me (along with the others) are well-loved by me.

I read a lot of Wayne Dyer. A lot.

On my nook, I have 31 spiritual books and two in hard copy at home.

I like reading most anything except Horror/Thrillers. I love the classics and modern fiction!

I journal every single day. It's a part of my daily practice.

I tapped into spirit quite by accident during a disagreement with a friend. I read the thoughts behind the words. She was not thinking nice thoughts about me at all. Since it was not my information to know, I let her feel and think what she wanted to. She was quite angry with me over a spiritual belief of mine and reacted in such an unexpected way. I just let it be.

I also tapped in during a conversation with a casual acquaintance about a week ago, I began channeling her grandmother and had to stop myself and ask, who is this? I also had to stop, tell her about my gift, explain what was happening and ask if I could share the information. Luckily, she was open to it and was very gracious in receving the message. She is the first person I have ever read face to face.

March 15th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Where would you like to go, outside the US, for a family vacation?
Have you seen spiritual gifts from your kids yet?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Where would you like to go, outside the US, for a family vacation?
Have you seen spiritual gifts from your kids yet?
Family vacation.. UK, France, Italy. MY place, with or without another grown up Fiji. lol.

Ryann, yes. Definitely has it. Christian has it but is unaware and like me, is so intellectually based that it will take him a while to see it.

Your questions all rock!!!! I love them all!!!!

March 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Hillarie, I love that question!

Terri, Christian rocks! And you know you're a GREAT mom when your son can quote Harry Potter off the top of his head at such a moment to be funny with it. Xxx.

Some rather more down to earth questions!

- What are you making for dinner today?
- What colours are you wearing today?
- What are your plans for this weekend?
- What have you enjoyed most about being SSOTW?
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:

Terri, Christian rocks! And you know you're a GREAT mom when your son can quote Harry Potter off the top of his head at such a moment to be funny with it. Xxx.

I am not cooking today. It will just be Brian and I eating tonight so we will order in!!!

Today, I am wearing green and beige.

For the first time in months, I have almost no plans for the weekend.

Quote:

I am not cooking today. It will just be Brian and I eating tonight so we will order in!!!

SSOTW The best part has been seeing all the questions that you all come up with!!!!

Quote:

SSOTW The best part has been seeing all the questions that you all come up with!!!!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
What kind of car do you drive? Do you like it?
If you could have any kind of car what would you have?

Whats been the most exciting thing to happen to you this week?

Tags
soul sister of the week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search