SSOTW this week 3/11 is Terri - crankyfidget! :) Please come read & ask questions! :)

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree94Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Soul Sister of the Week this week beginning March 11th is Terri (crankyfidget)!

Terri, here is the schedule for what you should post each day, but you can be flexible, and skip days, or post a few all on one day, whatever works for you.

This game works best if everyone asks the Soul Sister of the Week some questions for Friday! You can ask the same questions for every lady and just copy and paste them, or think up questions when you've read a few of their posts. You can ask one question or ten! All entirely up to you.

Terri, if there are any questions put to you that you don't feel comfortable with, obviously you need not answer, perhaps just say so on the thread or PM the member to let them know you weren't just ignoring them.

I will do a card draw and short angel message later in the week for the area of life you want guidance on. Other members who also read or draw cards are welcome to do the same.

MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS - An introduction in your own words - whatever you want to say about your life story. You should also say what area of your life you'd currently like guidance on here.

TUESDAY PATHWAYS - Your path and beliefs - copy & paste the questionnaire and answer as many of the questions as you're comfortable with and are relevant to you. Feel free to delete any which are not.

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?

What do you most enjoy about your current path?

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with?

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?

Do you believe in:

Angels

Devil

Heaven

Hell

God/Source

Saints/Ascended Masters

Past lives/Reincarnation

Prayer

Magick

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction

PICTURE WEDNESDAY - You can share ten pictures of your choice, of your family, home, crafts, etc; photography you have created; or picture quotes, cartoons and other pictures from the internet which represent you in some way (if you have Facebook you probably already have a ton!).

THURSDAY SHOWCASE -
EITHER showcase your spiritual or creative skills or knowledge. Share a poem, story, piece of artwork, photography or craft you have created. You could share a channelling, piece of automatic writing, or pull oracle or tarot cards, runes or similar for a few members who've asked you questions. You could write a short piece on something spiritual or paranormal to share your knowledge.

OR showcase your newest spiritual tools, crystals, books, whatever you have bought most recently to further your spiritual development - or your wish list using pictures from the internet!

QUESTION FRIDAY - Answer questions from the other members.

March 11th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Sharron.

I'm a mother of 3 kids who each bring joy to my life differently as they all have radically different personalities! Brian is my lovely SO without whom my family just wouldn't work!

I have always sought a spiritual life but have spent a very good part of my life lost in thought about what I do/don't believe. Earlier this year, as my 40th birthday approached, I had a crisis of identity and faith and how the two intertwined in my life. I prayed to the Divine whom I call God asking to have my gifts and my life purpose revealed to me. I felt very strongly that I was here to DO something in this life to make the world a better place and had NO idea what that might be. One morning, I awoke like any other day and had a dear friend on my mind in a way which felt obsessive and like I had something to say to her that could not wait! As soon as I arrived at work, I logged onto my chat and immediately started typing out information for her... none of it was information that I knew before I began typing. I had all this information about her deceased mother and messages from her mother. Her mother remained with me until each message was delivered. In the end, my friend was a bit taken aback and wanted confirmation it was her mother coming through and asked a question only her mother would know the answer to (and I wouldn't as I'd never met her mother). Her mother validated her favorite sandwich was pimento cheese and left both my friend and I in shock. So began my path to my spritual teacher and all that I've learned from her over the past 6 months.

I feel, for the first time in my life, secure in what my beliefs are and very sure of how I'm to proceed in my quest to grow spiritually while helping others. I am in the process of learning to give readings and to interpret messages from Spirit for others. And, I'm learning to call myself an intuitive/medium. It's all a process!

March 12th, 2013, 07:34 AM
What faith, religion or path did you grow up with?What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking? I grew up protestant Christian, converted to Catholicism as a young woman and now identify with no organized religion. My path is unnamed.

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?I have always been a seeker. I began asking questions about my faith at a very young age and could not reconcile what I knew to be right with what was being taught. I spent so much of my life up to this point weighing it all out and wondering if I were the only person who believed that there is no higher calling in life than serving others from a place of love. Now, I know I'm not alone in that belief. I have established a daily practice and off I go!

What do you most enjoy about your current path? Every time I think I've learned a lot, I discover that there is something new to learn which dwarfs my previous experience and understanding!

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with? n/a

What spiritual activities do you do the most often? Meditate. Affirmations. Set intentions. Pray. Practice gratitude and breathing exercises.

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are? Giving myself away in service to others (in a healthy way) is my purpose in life. Love is the highest power there is. It is not my job to judge others but to love them where they are and to respect their beliefs.

Do you believe in:

Angels yes!

Devil no.

Heaven of course!

Hell no.

God/Source yes.

Saints/Ascended Masters yes.

Past lives/Reincarnation
yes.
Prayer yes.

Magick I don't know. I'm not familiar enough with the concept.

Last edited by Sacred Silence; March 12th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
March 12th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Favorite day of the week and why?
Favorite meal to make your family.
Best quote you have ever seen about your beliefs.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 13th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Super Mommy
How do you communicate with your guides?
What is your favourite colour?
What type of music inspires you?
March 13th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
What is the most recent thing one of your kids said that made you laugh?
What is something that grosses you out?
What is your favorite part of nature?
March 13th, 2013, 08:09 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you find time to work, be a mom and a wife, and find time for spiritual learning?
What's the best advice you have for finding your path and staying focused.
Do you believe in aliens lol

March 13th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I might know I'd missed something off the "do you believes" - although aliens might not be all that fitting within a faith/religion questionnaire anyway.

I must say, you make fascinating reading, Terri. Thank you for opening up to us about your path! I knew some, but not all, of your story and it's wonderful to be witness to your blossoming.

Some questions for Friday:

What was the "breakthrough moment" for you on your current path?

What made you decide to convert to Catholicism as a young woman?

Do you and Brian share the same spiritual views?

What's the most valuable lesson your spiritual teacher has taught you?

What has been your favourite moment with each of your kids?

What can you see them deciding to do when they grow up?

And something completely unrelated but I still want to ask it...What was the inspiration behind your lovely FB page?

(and I'm going to post it here in case any of these lovely ladies have not by some chance seen it, if you like spiritual inspirations, it's wonderful).
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unpav...ref=ts&fref=ts

March 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Picture day! I'm going add two pictures to each post

This is my favorite picture EVER. My heart just melts looking at it. Love my children.

My favorite picture of Emerson from her first birthday:

March 13th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Ryann is my dynamo. She's a cheerleader, in her school play and studies clarinet. What I love most about her is her heart.

Christian is my avid reader. We often get lost discussing books and history and... he is my nerd soulmate.

March 13th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Seeing Brian as Emerson's father has led me to love him in a whole new way:

And, for me Emerson is truly a miracle. She is worth every single second it took to bring her into this world.

One of my idols. I couldn't resist snapping a pic at the wax museum last spring!

That day, in NYC on a field trip with my son was one of the best days of my life. He spent some time goofing off with his friends but a lot of his day was spent with me. xo

And just to prove that I do own another shirt.

March 13th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Your children are beautiful as well as talented, Terri. What a lovely family you have.

I love your idea to split the photos, makes them much easier to scroll through.
Sacred Silence likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Super Mommy
You have a beautiful family Terri and that last picture of you is just gorgeous, it is what I call a soul photo, I can read so much off of it, just at a glance. You are an amazing woman!!!
Sacred Silence likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 05:30 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
If you could have a "perfect" day, what would it look like?
Would you move and live somewhere else?
Has being 40yo changed your perspective on things?

Leslie
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Today is a bit odd for me to manage so I hope you'll all bear with me today. I would like to share my gift here but it's a bit different than what others do. I use no tools and do readings for people by tapping into their energy and when Spirit decides, to give messages from those who have already transitioned. So, it is my thought to start today off with answering any questions you might have about how I read, etc. If anyone is interested in exploring that, I'll be happy to try to explain how it happens as best I can.

March 14th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Sharron and Kaydee,
Thank you so much for the kind words. How touching!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Ive probably mentioned this before but your family is beautiful and you are awesome and you rock!!

That is all...

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
How do manage your gift? Do you turn it on and off? Does it wake you up at night?

Leslie
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Good questions, Leslie.
My gift, at the moment, requires me to be tapped into Spirit. So, when I'm out and with my family, or lying down to sleep at night, I am free to do so without interruption. According to my spiritual teacher, I'm unknowingly switching it off. We shall see if I can overcome that.

March 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Leslie,
I'd like to offer you a reading. You were my question of the day! If you're interested, please PM your phone number and we will set up a time to speak! xo
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Tags
soul sister of the week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search