Crystal of the Week 15th Mar (1) - Optical Calcite

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I am so behind with these, once again, two this week.

I am going for optical calcite as it's a stone that Ashleigh mentioned not long ago. It's a beautiful stone which I have two of and would love to work with more, so let's see what comes through about it.

This information is written in my own words, then checked against and supplemented by information in Melody's "Love Is In The Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals".

Calcite itself is a gentle stone with subtle energy which can be a great comfort and a source of quiet strength. There are numerous forms of calcite, and of them all, optical calcite, also known as Iceland spar, is my favourite.

As optical calcite is a clear crystal, it resonates with the crown chakra and opening yourself to Divine guidance. However optical calcite is also associated with the physical eyes, the third, fourth and fifth eye chakras, the sense of sight, and spiritual sight. If you have two pieces they can be placed over closed eyelids to ease the ache of tired eyes or to "help one see clearly" literally as well as metaphorically. It has a cooling effect so may also help if you have a raised temperature or fever. A piece of optical calcite could also be placed on the third eye chakra to open up your spiritual sight, encourage clairvoyance and telepathy, assist in strengthening your visualisations, help bring clarification to thoughts, plans and intentions, and open the third, fourth and fifth eye chakras which can expand one's capacity for inner sight, spiritual sight, clairvoyance and seeing into the other dimensions (including sighting angels and spirits) exponentially. Optical calcite can also be held in the receiving hand (opposite to writing hand) for meditation or to encourage lucid dreaming or remote viewing.

All forms of calcite are striated giving the impression of a sandwiching together of layers of wisdom and knowledge. Within their matrix may lie secrets of the earth and heavens which can be tapped into through meditating with this spinetingling stone. It also assists concentration and learning and is a good stone to carry for those with learning difficulties. As calcite is made of the same basic building blocks of our bones, it can also ease symptoms and help balance the blueprint level imbalances in someone suffering from osteroperosis, a broken or sprained bone, growing pains and calcium deficiency. It has a cleansing and amplifying effect upon the chakras and energy field.

*Please be aware that calcite is adversely affected by water which can permeate within its layers and split the stone. Use other forms of cleansing - sound cleansing with a bell, ting-sha or singing bowl works particularly well.*

~ Copyright Silverla StMichael, March 2013 ~

March 17th, 2013, 12:27 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Sharron
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace

Tags
crystal of the week , spiritual living

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search