Easter or Ostara?

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Will you celebrate Easter or Ostara or both?

Ostara is the spring (vernal) equinox and occurs this year on March 20, 11:02am GMT in the Northern Hemisphere (simultaneously the autumnal equinox/Mabon occurs in the Southern Hemisphere).

If celebrating Easter, will you be doing the full Christian celebration from Good Friday onwards? Will you go to church?

If celebrating Ostara, will you do so on March 20 or on Easter Sunday (March 31) during Easter holidays or different aspects on both?

March 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We'll combine both on Sunday(which is Easter).

Easter Bunny will come and we'll do some Ostara things. The day before, at least this year, is my oldest boys birthday so we wont be doing anything amazing but we'll do something crafty and fun with the boys and, if Dans up to it, something just for he and I that night.

As a side note, my middle boy(Avery) is ALL over Spring coming this Wednesday. I think he's expecting to wake up and the trees be all green and leafy and the grass too LOL. He's all over how the leaves will start growing again on Wednesday and such. He's definately the child connected to the Earth cuz he LOVES seasons and the moon.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Easter our way. We usually do the full celebration. Not sure if we will this year.
But, yeah the Easter Bunny will show up, lunch will follow mass..

March 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Easter Bunny will make a stop by our house, but I will be celebrating Ostara, not Easter.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
March 18th, 2013, 05:39 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Will you celebrate Easter or Ostara or both?

I would celebrate both if hubby was home both days.

If celebrating Easter, will you be doing the full Christian celebration from Good Friday onwards? Will you go to church?

If we celebrate Easter, we normally just go to in-laws for egg hunt and lunch.

If celebrating Ostara, will you do so on March 20 or on Easter Sunday (March 31) during Easter holidays or different aspects on both?

We will celebrate Ostara on Tuesday. My husband has dinner plans with friends on Wednesday.

Leslie

March 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
We will be celebrating both since Ostara is important to me and DH and his family are Christians so Easter is important to him.
March 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Super Mommy
We don't celebrate Easter in a religious way. The Easter Bunny visits and we spend the day with family and friends. This year we are going camping which will be great.

Mabon here so I will be doing something for that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search