Children seeing things

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By lhug_nar
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 06:15 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
My mom always thought when I was young I had a gift that I eventually outgrew. I always knew things before they would happen and she also believed that I could see things.
I think Max might see things too. Within the past couple of weeks he has started staring at this one spot in our living room and smiles and coos towards it. Coincidentally both my grandmother and great aunt passed away three weeks ago. They never got to meet him because we had over a month straight of daily snow and I didn't want to drive 2 hours with a newborn in horrible conditions. I will always feel terribly guilty that I was never able to bring max so that my grandmother could meet him.

I'm a firm believer in our ancestors watching over us and I'm really hoping it's my grandmother watching over Max and making him smile!

March 20th, 2013, 07:21 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
My gut intuition is that it's your grandmother checking in on you and him.

I still see a lot of things that I've been told by skeptics that I "couldn't" see. My boys see things too. I'm not surprised that your grandmother would come see Max because children are more open than we are.
mommy_to_nico likes this.
March 20th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Super Mommy
Both my kids cooed at "nothing" as babies. Charlotte is 3.5 and she sees lots. We went to leave the playground the other day and couldn't because she didn't want to leave the little boy all by himself (we were the only ones there).

I know my Nana stops in and says hi every now and again.
March 21st, 2013, 04:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I posted to this this morning, and then JM went down and ate it.

I agree with Tiff, that it is indeed your grandmother. We tend to have this discussion every now and again on this board because it's something a lot of us experience with our LOs. I do believe children still have the capacity to sense the other dimensions as conformity and society and external influence have not yet taken hold.

Michaela does this same thing, gazing at a spot above my head and smiling. In readings I had done when pregnant I was told many times she was with my dad in spirit while she awaited birth, and he was looking after her. So I firmly believe it's her grandad she's seeing. When she's old enough to talk I'm hoping to test it by showing her old pictures to see if she points out her grandad as someone she recognises.

Daniel used to do the same thing and talk about having seen angels and fairies.

March 21st, 2013, 05:49 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. It is your grandmother. And, you didn't outgrow your gift per se. You still have it. It's just a bit repressed. And, the gift changes. We don't tend to SEE them in the same way as adults. xo

March 21st, 2013, 06:40 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I agree with the other ladies.
I also dont believe our gifts go away, just lie dormant til we are ready to have at them again and strengthen them.
mommy_to_nico likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 21st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I'm glad this gives you peace.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search