SSOTW this week 3/25 is Hillarie - Lady Lotus! Please come read and ask questions!

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree44Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Soul Sister of the Week this week beginning March 25th is Hillarie (Lady Lotus)!

Hillarie, here is the schedule for what you should post each day, but you can be flexible, and skip days, or post a few all on one day, whatever works for you.

This game works best if everyone asks the Soul Sister of the Week some questions for Friday! And you girls are rocking this up to now in a way I've never seen before on ANY board! You can ask the same questions for every lady and just copy and paste them, or think up questions when you've read a few of their posts. You can ask one question or ten! All entirely up to you.

Hillarie, if there are any questions put to you that you don't feel comfortable with, obviously you need not answer, perhaps just say so on the thread or PM the member to let them know you weren't just ignoring them.

I will do a card draw and short angel message later in the week for the area of life you want guidance on. Other members who also read or draw cards are welcome to do the same.

MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS - An introduction in your own words - whatever you want to say about your life story. You should also say what area of your life you'd currently like guidance on here.

TUESDAY PATHWAYS - Your path and beliefs - copy & paste the questionnaire and answer as many of the questions as you're comfortable with and are relevant to you. Feel free to delete any which are not.

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?

What do you most enjoy about your current path?

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you dont agree with?

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?

Do you believe in:

Angels

Devil

Heaven

Hell

God/Source

Saints/Ascended Masters

Past lives/Reincarnation

Prayer

Magick

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction

PICTURE WEDNESDAY - You can share ten pictures of your choice, of your family, home, crafts, etc; photography you have created; or picture quotes, cartoons and other pictures from the internet which represent you in some way (if you have Facebook you probably already have a ton!).

THURSDAY SHOWCASE -
EITHER showcase your spiritual or creative skills or knowledge. Share a poem, story, piece of artwork, photography or craft you have created. You could share a channelling, piece of automatic writing, or pull oracle or tarot cards, runes or similar for a few members who've asked you questions. You could write a short piece on something spiritual or paranormal to share your knowledge.

OR showcase your newest spiritual tools, crystals, books, whatever you have bought most recently to further your spiritual development - or your wish list using pictures from the internet!

QUESTION FRIDAY - Answer questions from the other members.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; April 2nd, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
March 24th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!! Can't wait to read Hillarie!

March 24th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Sooo Im gonna post a teeny bit early just in case something pops up tomorrow morning.

You should know Im a gabber by nature so I get, what I call, detaily with what I say. Im also quite open so you can ask me anything and Im bound to answer LOL. Im just not terribly shy about stuff.

So without further ado...here is me!

Im Hillarie(duh) and Im 40. I was born in a little log cabin outside....no wait, that wasnt me.
I was born in Washington state, in the same hossy as my dad interestingly enough. Moved to northeastern Oregon, really small town, when I was 3 1/2. Lived there til I was 12 when my folks moved us to northern Utah.
Im from a family of all girls. I have one older sis, who is the daughter of mom from her first marriage, and two younger than me who are full siblings. Oh and my dad has 3 daughters from his first marriage but Ive never met those daughters(they dont like us).
My older sister has one son who is 20 and married. My sister just younger than I is married and has 6 daughters. My youngest sister isnt married and I am unsure if she ever will get married LOL. Her dogs are her life and she adores dogs in all forms and has her certification in dog training and is earning one with her Papillon for search and rescue. Im proud of her for doing these things because she was a miserable child(very mad all the time) and its good to see her find something she loves and that makes her happy.
My family is cool, we have our moments as do all but overall pretty cool.
Im a daddys girl by nature until he married a troll....errr woman who isnt really good for him but he loves her and we are grown so whatever. Made his relationship with all his daughters minimal cuz she doesnt like us.

Religion-wise I grew up in a very LDS household. Moms family for several generations back were LDS and my dad was a convert to the church. For those unfamiliar with those initials...Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints aka LDS aka Mormons(more familiar term out there). I was born, raised, ate, slept, lived by their teachings and never wavered even serving a mission when I was 21 almost 22.
When I was 34 I left the church behind after finding out some very disturbing things.

Personal life...hardly dated. I just didnt seem to be the dating type for most men LOL. When I was nearly 30 I was living in Texas and working at an auto parts store and met my DH, Dan. He and I had a rocky start(HUGE story there) but basically the only reason I even started working there was this overwhelming feeling that I just absolutely had to...he was why. We were meant to meet and get together.
He never wanted kids til he saw me walking around the shop and realized I would make a good mom. LOL
Needless to say we got together after a few months of being friends and have been together for 10 yrs, married 9 1/2.
We have 3 little men. Connor will be 9 at the end of this week, he is my challenge. Avery is 6 1/2 and our comedian. Devinn is 5 and our spitfire(he doesnt put up with squat from anyone! LOL Ive already warned the school principal).

Currently, Im a homemaker and caregiver to my husband. He has end stage liver cancer. Connor, my oldest, also has a chronic disease that I help to keep tabs on and under control...thankfully his current medicine routine is working.

I think that catches you up and I hope you didnt find a big puddle of drool when you woke up after trying to read all this LOL.

As for guidance...I havent a clue in what specific area I need that in to be honest. I can always use a little bit about everything.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~

Last edited by Amaranth Dhanya; March 24th, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
March 24th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Hillarie looking forward to sharing the week with you!!

Here's a couple of questions for Friday

Who are your boys most like?
How do you find time to be spiritual?
What is your favourite time of the day and why?
If you could tell your 16 yr old self something what would it be?
March 24th, 2013, 10:04 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love your intro and that out of all girls that your family has you're the only one who ended up with boy!

Qs for Friday,

What is your favorite memory?
If you could get rid of one possession what would you choose?
What is one thing you have to do to keep your spirituality going daily?
If you were stranded on a desert island what one earthy possession would you have to have?

March 25th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Your intro was great!

Questions:
1. What is your passion?
2. What is one thing you really like about yourself?
3. What is your WILDEST (BEST) dream for yourself?

March 25th, 2013, 07:53 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
What is your husband's prognosis?
Do you share your spiritual path with your children?

March 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRW View Post
What is your husband's prognosis?
Do you share your spiritual path with your children?
Gonna answer most questions on Friday but felt I should answer this one now.

Dan was turned over to Hospice care a couple weeks ago. They have never given him a life expectancy timeline but usually its under 6 mths once Hospice takes over cuz its all about pain control.
If I go by what his body is doing and how jaundice he is and other factors...I dont see him living for more than 3 more months, if lucky. His body is breaking down and seems to be doing so faster every day. If he makes it through May I will be grateful and surprised.

As for the boys...I share what I believe when the topic comes up but they've never participated in anything Ive/we've done, ritual wise. We will let them explore and come to their own conclusions. If they ask to participate than Ill let them but for now they havent.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 10:19 AM
HUGS, Hillarie. xo
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Gonna answer most questions on Friday but felt I should answer this one now.

Dan was turned over to Hospice care a couple weeks ago. They have never given him a life expectancy timeline but usually its under 6 mths once Hospice takes over cuz its all about pain control.
If I go by what his body is doing and how jaundice he is and other factors...I dont see him living for more than 3 more months, if lucky. His body is breaking down and seems to be doing so faster every day. If he makes it through May I will be grateful and surprised.
((((HUGS)))) I can't imagine what you are going through. I watched my mother die when I was 17. I would love to hug you in person and help you out.

Leslie

March 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
Sending much love and strength to you all xx
Carwen*Angel likes this.
March 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM
What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?I was born and raised a Mormon. I identify now as Spiritually Eclectic but I do believe Im going to fully identify as a follower of Shaktism eventually as that seems to be where Im being led in my beliefs.

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?Long story short...I started questioning the Mormon faith after watching a Bible program on the tv back in January 2007. What I found in my searches led me to realize Id been very much lied to and it shook me to my core(I literally shook for hours). After that I started a list of what I still believed and what I didnt and what I wasnt sure about and went from there. I will always be spiritual, of that Im sure.

What do you most enjoy about your current path? I dont feel guilt for "being bad or not being perfect enough". I feel a major amount of peace that I never felt before.

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with? n/a

What spiritual activities do you do the most often? I talk to the Divine all the time throughout the day, internally. I believe they are a part of me and me of them and so I talk to them as I would a dear friend.

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are? We are here to learn and grow. Love and compassion are essential for growth...service is a wonderful way to show that. We will return to earth til the lessons we set for ourselves to learn are all learned...then we return to the Universe as the energy/spirit we are and do whatevers needed there.

Do you believe in:

Angels Yes

Devil No, not as Christians view him. I think all beings have good and bad in them and if they choose to be primarily bad than that could make them devilish but a physical type being or angel...no.

Heaven A place of peace where departed souls go to rest til their next life...yes.

Hell Personally, I think Earth is a type of hell but I dont believe in a place of brimstone and such.

God/Source Yes, I believe in a male and female divinity but I usually just say the Divine as its simpler and easier to type out LOL.

Past lives/Reincarnation Yes

Prayer In a sense, yes. I think my internal talks are a form of prayer as is magick.

Magick Yes
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Last edited by Amaranth Dhanya; March 25th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
March 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Was gonna post pictures in the morning but realized I have to be gone most of it running my oldest to counseling and a blood draw. So Im posting Wednesdays pics now!

My family(from last summer):

My men:

My new hairdo:

My sisters family(minus the new baby but she's the next pic in line LOL):

A thought I love and agree with wholeheartedly:

My boys from last Halloween:

A few months ago Devinn wanted to do my hair...this is the result:

Our wedding day:

I love this statue because she was worshipped as beauty and fertility personified(basically) and I love that fact that she isnt a size 2! Beauty is inside and radiates out no matter how big or small you are and she reminds me of this whenever I see her:

March 26th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Beautiful pics! I love the first one!

Your sister got the girls.

Leslie

March 28th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I like to write so I write poems or short stories occasionally. I have to do it when the mood hits or I dont do well LOL.
As for other talents...Im a great listener and I do have empathic and intuitive abilities but they arent uber strong. Usually I get vibes that hit me like bricks and thats when I tell someone what Ive picked up on. Its also how I know when my friends need me cuz we can go forever without talking and one day Ill vibe that they need to talk and Ill contact them and they needed help or comfort.
I have also been told by many that Im a healer and its something I wish to pursue and strengthen. For now most of it goes in the way of listening and trying to help where I can but mostly to Dan. He is comforted by my touch, you can see him physically relax and when I have used crystals on him they've helped. One day Id like to do this for others but right now...mostly him.

Here are a couple of different prayers I wrote, mostly for my boys. Plus, a poem I wrote a couple months ago for an activity we had on this group.

Thank you Blessed Lord and Lady.
Thank you Air, Earth, Fire, Water, and Spirit.
May we send bad out and keep good in.
May we be thankful and helpful.
Please be with those in need.

So Mote It Be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goodnight moon. Good morning sun.
A new day has just begun.
May we be kind to those we see and
Make every day as bright as can be.

Blessed Be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the wind blows, so do memories in my mind.
As fire burns, so does the love in my heart.
As a river runs gently, so do my hopes.
As dirt cradles a seed, so are dreams cradled in my mind.
As darkness enters my soul, so light enters to disperse it.

Elements of life, elements of our Divine connection.
Connect, learn, grow.

Last edited by Amaranth Dhanya; March 28th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.
March 28th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
i may know some of this bu its nice to get to know you more

questions for friday:

favorite movie, book, song?

what are the very basis of shaktism?

did you go to irland yet? will you still go?

do you like to cook?

do you want more kids if you could?

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

March 28th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Hillarie! Love the pictures! Beautiful!

And, the writing you shared is so touching. Simple yet powerful! I love it!!!!!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I love your prayers and poems.

I hope your husband is finding some relief through hospice. I'm so sorry you both are going through such a horrible disease.

Carwen*Angel likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like that you have all the boys and your sister has all the girls, you don't see that too often.

What is one household chore you wish you never had to do again?
What is your favourite book?
Do you have any artistic talent other than your beautiful writing?

March 29th, 2013, 05:15 AM
First let me say this...thanks to those who followed along and participated in my thread this week...I appreciate all the kindness and fun questions(that Ill now be answering LOL)!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee78 View Post
Who are your boys most like?
How do you find time to be spiritual?
What is your favourite time of the day and why?
If you could tell your 16 yr old self something what would it be?

1. My oldest boy is definately his fathers mini-me. Looks and personality...all his daddys.
My middle boy...he looks like my husbands grandmother. His personality kinda reminds me of my fathers...goofy and funny only because its so silly.
My youngest boy is the mini-me of my father and I. Definately takes after my side of the family. He's built like my paternal grandfather LOL and he's got his fathers temprament and my goofiness and kindness.
They get their stubbornness and bullheadedness from both sides!

2. I dont, hence some of my issues LOL, but I talk internally to the Divine daily and that keeps the connection going. I try to read spiritual books that keeps the connection going as well. Everything else happens whenever I can manage it.

3. 5am, because its the only time I get to just feel calm and not hear anyone demanding things of me or feeling stressed.

4. Open yourself up to learning more about other spiritual ways. Dont stay in the pretty box and know nothing but whats inside that.
Carwen*Angel and Adding1more like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search