Saw this on FB CORDING:: A RITUAL OF RELEASING

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 3 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 2 Post By Sacred Silence

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
{kit}Cording:: A ritual of releasing — Gypsy Moth Sol, LLC

Found it to be quite interesting (and expensive for my life) but I wonder if some how we could figure out a similar ritual. I am working on this type of cutting of negative thoughts and attachments and have not been very successful yet.

Thoughts?
March 29th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the ritual is something great. You could create your own kit at the local Home Depot/Walmart probably for much cheaper. HOWEVER, you need a daily practice to really keep negative thoughts at bay and nonattachment in the forefront. A lot of my daily practice is around these things.

March 29th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Do you mind sharing what your daily practice is?
March 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Not at all. Two 20 minute meditation sessions. I do some chakra work in meditation when I feel... Off. Chakra cord cutting during meditation is quite powerful. I have a gratitude journal. Helps focus on the positive. I use affirmations daily. And at night wile falling asleep it's either affirmations or visualization.... The last five minutes before sleep are the most important for changing your negative self-talk patterns.

March 29th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Oh. And non attachment.... I am doing a lot of work around that. It too is a practice. Once I realized that control is merely a trick of the ego.... I realized that the most p
Empowering thing I could do was learn to surrender to the Divine.

March 30th, 2013, 03:38 AM
I would really love to have time to meditate but I'm never alone and it's never quite in my house. I can do affirmations though, and I need to start with that and also the surrendering. I've done this in the past when we were ttc our first and it very much healed me on an emotional standpoint and we also ended up pregnant. There is just so much pain in my heart that it's been hard to let it go.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
March 30th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Find the time to meditate. Just a few minutes per day helps. I started out at 3 minutes twice per day. And if you are in a lot of pain.... Journaling..... Not just gratitude will be useful to you.... Get it all out. I wrote letters to those who hurt me in my past as a means of getting it OUT. Imagine my surprise when I had to write a letter to myself for believing myself to be a victim for all those years.

March 30th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I think Journaling could be helpful too as long as I don't send those words to the people who have hurt me, tried that and it came back to me as poison and really hurt me so much.

I need to do something though because I'm consumed and it's making everyone miserable.
March 30th, 2013, 11:57 AM
No. The letters aren't for mailing. They are just a to to get it all out.

April 1st, 2013, 07:42 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
And also, on some level, the energy from those letters does go out into the universe and it's sort of as if you've written those words to that person except the Divine (or the angels, or whatever you believe those unseen forces in our universe to be) translates it in between. The message that you need them to back off, support you more, show love, or quit draining your energy reaches them subconsciously, but in a way they can accept because it comes from the Divine in the most perfect way.

A ritual could be a good idea if you just thinking on this doesn't work for you, but it could be at a very simple level that wouldn't cost you any more. You could write your negative thoughts on the ground outdoors in chalk and let the rain wash it away; you could write them down on a piece of paper and then burn or bury them. The elements of water, fire or earth can transmute those negative thoughts and leave space in your mind and heart for positive ones.

Terri: "The last five minutes before sleep are the most important for changing your negative self-talk patterns." I did not know that!!!! I have been doing well with the stuff we talked about, I really have, but this is a good thing to know to add to that.

Mel, I really need to meditate, but I also find it hard, and things get busy here and then I get wiped out and I just can't find the time. I've meditated a few times in the last week and I promise it does make a huge difference because it helps you connect to your centre and also "strip away" the fear of the everyday world - but I do need to make it a regular fixture. Perhaps we could be meditation buddies or something, and check in with each other every couple of days in PMs or on FB to discuss our experiences - knowing someone will be checking that I've done it would probably motivate me. And Terri's right, it can just be a few minutes, even once a day eg when kids are in bed, to begin with. Wdyt?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search