SSOTW this week 4/1 is Nikki - fromGirltoMommy! Please all read and ask questions!

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree35Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Soul Sister of the Week this week beginning April 1st is Nikki (fromGirltoMommy)!

Nikki, here is the schedule for what you should post each day, but you can be flexible, and skip days, or post a few all on one day, whatever works for you.

This game works best if everyone asks the Soul Sister of the Week some questions for Friday! And you girls are rocking this up to now in a way I've never seen before on ANY board! You can ask the same questions for every lady and just copy and paste them, or think up questions when you've read a few of their posts. You can ask one question or ten! All entirely up to you.

Nikki, if there are any questions put to you that you don't feel comfortable with, obviously you need not answer, perhaps just say so on the thread or PM the member to let them know you weren't just ignoring them.

I will do a card draw and short angel message later in the week for the area of life you want guidance on. Other members who also read or draw cards are welcome to do the same.

MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS - An introduction in your own words - whatever you want to say about your life story. You should also say what area of your life you'd currently like guidance on here.

TUESDAY PATHWAYS - Your path and beliefs - copy & paste the questionnaire and answer as many of the questions as you're comfortable with and are relevant to you. Feel free to delete any which are not.

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?

What do you most enjoy about your current path?

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with?

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?

Do you believe in:

Angels

Devil

Heaven

Hell

God/Source

Saints/Ascended Masters

Past lives/Reincarnation

Prayer

Magick

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction

PICTURE WEDNESDAY - You can share ten pictures of your choice, of your family, home, crafts, etc; photography you have created; or picture quotes, cartoons and other pictures from the internet which represent you in some way (if you have Facebook you probably already have a ton!).

THURSDAY SHOWCASE -
EITHER showcase your spiritual or creative skills or knowledge. Share a poem, story, piece of artwork, photography or craft you have created. You could share a channelling, piece of automatic writing, or pull oracle or tarot cards, runes or similar for a few members who've asked you questions. You could write a short piece on something spiritual or paranormal to share your knowledge.

OR showcase your newest spiritual tools, crystals, books, whatever you have bought most recently to further your spiritual development - or your wish list using pictures from the internet!

QUESTION FRIDAY - Answer questions from the other members.
fromGirltoMommy likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi I'm Nikki although I am fairly certain y'all might already know that!

I am currently 24 years old although next month on Mothers Day (yes literally on MD) I will be 25 years old. And I'll be honest it's freaking me out!! Only 5 years til 30!!! Movin right along...

My 3.5 year old daughter, Kennedi is the light of my life. She has grown into such a beautiful little person inside and out, it has gone by so fast and it really just blows my mind. Everyone says that it goes fast but you really can't understand that it GOES.BY.FAST until you are already living it. She definitely keeps me on my toes and young feeling.

I met Kenn's father when I was only 19 we rushed into the relationship and got married 6w after we met. Very very fast. We since have been divorced for a year although we haven't been together since the 1st trimester of Kennedi's pregnancy.

Just before Kennedi turned 1 year old I began dating the love of my life, Michael He can be the biggest pain in my butt, but he is my butt. It makes sense to us, hehe. We have been together now for almost 3 years, and marriage is in our future. Not near future but future. Our engagement will most likely be within the next year, but that is not my call

Growing up I went to Sunday School from about 4 years old til 10? God was really never talked about, but we went to church on the Holidays. Religion was never a big focus for my family. Still is like that too.

I honestly couldn't even tell you what caused me to look into Wicca, I'm not even sure where I heard of it...but when I was 15 years old I dove head first into it and adored what I learned. It spoke to me in a way that Christianity never did. I felt alive when practicing, it was just amazing. As I got older I got into some questionable activities and was too busy with friends to realize what I was missing out on. I came back around of course..then I "came out" to someone very special in my life and it basically traumatized me. I was told I was crazy, and how nothing I believed was true. It was really hard on me and caused me to sadly question my beliefs and stop following. It was only just recently that I decided to focus on being MYSELF. Being Nikki means a lot of different things, but the main thing about me is to only truly be who I want to be. And that meant going back to my faith.

:shrug: Not sure what else to add, guess on Friday if there is anything I didn't cover you can ask!

***Updated, bath was horrid if you were wondering***
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace

Last edited by fromGirltoMommy; April 2nd, 2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added more
April 2nd, 2013, 05:14 PM
What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?
Growing up they followed a Catholic path, church on Holidays but Sunday School while growing up. I identify myself as Pagan now.

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?
To be honest, I am not quite sure. Christianity didn't seem "real" to me I guess. I never enjoyed going to church it was always a chore and Sunday School was just an annoyance. I found Wicca and that was it

What do you most enjoy about your current path?
My connection with the Divine

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with?
Not really, I'm going to think more about this and come back

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?
Circles. I love to talk with the Divine in the middle of a Circle the atmosphere is full of energy, and the love I feel surrounding myself is perfection.

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?
Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. Positive thoughts come back positive, and negative manifest negative. And the biggest thing to me, everything we experience in our life is because our soul has a certain lesson to learn. When I am down about what is going on, it lifts me up.

Do you believe in:

Angels
Sure do

Devil
Nope

Heaven
No

Hell
No

God/Source
God as the Divine.

Saints/Ascended Masters
Undecided

Past lives/Reincarnation
Deeply

Prayer
Yes

Magick
Yes

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction
Sure do
Carwen*Angel likes this.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

April 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Dont fret about turning 30....it rocks!!!!

1. Whats your favorite meal to make your family?
2. Whats something you learned about yourself that surprised you?
3. What car would you own if you could have whatever one you wanted?
4. What song speaks to your soul?
5. Whats something you took from your Christian upbringing?

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 2nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
Veteran
I agree with Hillarie, turning 30 is awesome. However I can remember the year I turned 25 was really hard in my own mind!!

What piece of advice would you give your 16 year old self?
What is your favourite food?
Do you like to cook?
Do you have a favourite goddess? Why?
Do you/plan to teach Kennedi about wicca?
April 3rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahaha... 30 is great. Wait until you're hanging out at 40. It rocks too!!

I have to ask, if you don't believe in Heaven or Hell, where do you suppose the soul goes when our human life ends?

For Friday:
1. What is the ONE dream you'd have come true above all others?
2. When you have a free half-hour, how do you spend it?
3. What is your favorite indulgence in life?

April 5th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Sharron I'm sorry I forgot to include on my monday post what area I wold like guidance in...I thought about it for a while cuz I wasn't sure exactly what I felt I needed more guidance in and then it came to me, my female issues. I am at a crossroads at a time where in this next week I have to make a decision. If you would like to know more you can pm me.

Onto Wednesday! Sorry I know it's friday I thought I would have time on the computer and then I did have time only Annabelle (my computer ) was dead. Very annoying...but here are my 10 pictures I put a lot of thought into them. These pictures all mean a lot to me.

this sums me up. I am random, but it works on me.

My rock, my best friend. My grandmother Our relationship has become quite hard as her alzheimer's has gotten so bad

my darling daughter, our first kiss

Kennedi at 7m old lol

my family Michael, Kennedi, and I..we really need an updated picture since she was 14m in this picture and is now 3.5 years old!

my girl this past November

I am very passionate about breastfeeding, it is my career and one day I will be an IBCLC hopefully with my own Lactation Consultant business...one day, but this is my favorite breastfeeding hey girl Ryan is my favorite as well! Yum!!

...I'll add a couple more pictures after work.
(( 01*21*14 ))

April 5th, 2013, 06:20 AM
I have to say, Nikki, you and Michael look utterly perfect together.

And that first kiss photo is so, so beautiful.

I'll do your mini-read and just ask them about "female issues" and see what comes up and then you can PM me if it doesn't cover anything specifically that you wanted to know.

I know you're not up to the questions yet but I'm gonna put mine in ready:

Since marriage is in your future - traditional marriage or handfasting or both?
How do you imagine your dress will be?
What will the ceremony / celebrations include?
What will Kenni's bridesmaid dress be like?
On your Wiccan/Pagan path, who has been your biggest inspiration?
Is there anything you still live by from your Catholic/Christian upbringing?
What would you have named Kenni if she had been a boy?
Other than you career goal do you have any other big goals you want to achieve?

I may come back with more if any more jump to mind.

April 5th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Mini-read (faery oracle):

WINTER - "The answers to your prayers and affirmations are fully realized in the winter months."
VEGETARIAN - "A new way of eating gives you more energy, greater health, greater clarity, and stronger manifestation abilities."

Obviously you're feeling your "issues" need resolving urgently, though with the winter card coming up, I feel that delaying if you can and waiting for new options or natural improvements until later in the year would be a better course of action in the long-run. The other card doesn't necessarily mean vegetarianism is right for you but it does suggest that dietary changes would resolve some of your problems and bring you energy and with it, more clarity. I also feel from these cards that buying time to contemplate any important decisions would be good. Now of course, I don't know the issue, and if it is a medical one, please, please listen in the first instance to health professional opinions because a reading can never replace that. PM me if this is not specific enough but I would need more info. Hope you're ok honey.

April 5th, 2013, 09:55 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he so hot! love it!

Qs for today (when you get around to them)

Bubble bath or shower?!
Whats your favorite movie?
What time do you have the most time to focus on your rituals/spiritualness. like is it easier meditating early morning, afternoon, or late at night while everyone is sleeping?
If you could go anywhere and visit anything, where and what would it be?

Ps I love your pictures!!
PPS your daughter is so beautiful (and so are you)!!!

April 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I wasn't really sure what I could do for thursday, and then I decided tonight in my free time I'm going to do a reading for you girls, I'll email all of you by monday morning with it, I am going to use my angel oracle deck.

I was going to share all my new crystals (how come no one mentioned how addicting they are!?) but then when I went to take the pictures, I had terrible natural light and so no go...I did get a picture of where I keep them, so I will share that for now

I don't have all of them up there cuz I have this whole organizational diagram of the shelving unit and then label where each stone is just cuz I don't always remember exactly what they are called.

And here is my newest beauty Found it at work of course, its a music box plays such a beautiful tune. It has a unicorn and several fairies on it, so gorgeous

Off to start answering questions now
Carwen*Angel likes this.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Last edited by fromGirltoMommy; April 5th, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
April 5th, 2013, 03:35 PM
1. Whats your favorite meal to make your family?
Not really a big cook, but I enjoy baking for them. I just made us brownies last night sooooo good!

2. Whats something you learned about yourself that surprised you?
hmmm, I think as I get older I read into a lot of my mannerism and a lot of the reasons behind how I am I find quite interesting

3. What car would you own if you could have whatever one you wanted?
hmmm, whatever one I wanted... that is hard and honestly its gonna sound bad, but I would love a mini van!!! ]

4. What song speaks to your soul?
I find it kind of terrible but music isn't that important to me. I don't feel like I have a song that speaks to my soul...errr wait actually...the place I work in is plays only Christian music and though it drove me mad in the beginning, now I love it and a lot of that music I am able to relate to with my religious path. So there isn't a certain specific song that speaks to my soul but Christian music I enjoy listening to and it definitely lifts me up.

5. Whats something you took from your Christian upbringing?
Everything happens for a reason.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Last edited by fromGirltoMommy; April 5th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
April 5th, 2013, 03:54 PM
What piece of advice would you give your 16 year old self?
I wouldnt. My life isnt perfect, but I wouldnt want to say anything that could possibly change anything in my life

What is your favourite food?
water I know it's not a food, but nothing really screams to me. But hand a me a tall glass of ice cold water and I'll be your best friend.

Do you like to cook?
Nope.

Do you have a favourite goddess? Why?
The Divine to me is made up of the God and Goddess equally and entirely. Just the Goddess then

Do you/plan to teach Kennedi about wicca?
We say prayers together now, as she gets older and expressing interest in my beliefs then I will, but only if she shows interest on her own.

1. What is the ONE dream you'd have come true above all others?
IBCLC. Ultimate dream come true especially if I owned my own office. That would be just so sweet.

2. When you have a free half-hour, how do you spend it?
Meditate!

3. What is your favorite indulgence in life?
McDonald's iced caramel mocha at the moment :drool:
Carwen*Angel and Adding1more like this.
(( 01*21*14 ))

April 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Thank you for the mini reading Sharron I wish so badly that I could wait til next winter to make a decision. It has come down to the point where I truly do need to make this decision literally yesterday. I had chosen, but I am still going back and forth in my head :rolleye: it's quite annoying.

And the veggie card is literally perfect. I have made some bad decisions lately food wise, and it has been causing me a lot of pain, but because the food is so good I keep eating it and go through all the pain all over again....so it is perfect. And I am going to take the advice and seek a better diet for myself.

Thank you girls, I think Michael and I look a lot alike

This week has been fun, sorry I wasn't really able to post on the days I was supposed to but, we got through it good I still have some more questions...
Carwen*Angel and Adding1more like this.
(( 01*21*14 ))

April 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Since marriage is in your future - traditional marriage or handfasting or both?
it will just be a traditional non religious marriage ceremony. our religions are too different

How do you imagine your dress will be?
hmmmm..no. It won't be a gown. It wont be a normal wedding dress. I would imagine something short, knee length? off white...not sure what else..

What will the ceremony / celebrations include?
not much I don't want a big wedding, honestly 10 people being there will be too big for me. Small, teeny tiny would be better describing words for our wedding

What will Kenni's bridesmaid dress be like?
It'll depend on her age.. she will probably be around 6 years old when we marry...so not sure...

On your Wiccan/Pagan path, who has been your biggest inspiration?
It is going to sound odd, but I ask for inspiration. I ask specifically what I need the inspiration for, and it comes. It might take some time but I always feel the loving guidance when the time is right.

Is there anything you still live by from your Catholic/Christian upbringing?
Not really, just that everything happens for a reason.

What would you have named Kenni if she had been a boy?
She probably would have been Samuel Anthony. My sisters name is Samantha and I just adore the name Samuel. Anthony after my Uncle who passed away.

Other than you career goal do you have any other big goals you want to achieve?
financially stable would be the biggest.

Bubble bath or shower?!
Bubble bath

Whats your favorite movie?
Twilight saga, BDP2 all time favorite

What time do you have the most time to focus on your rituals/spiritualness. like is it easier meditating early morning, afternoon, or late at night while everyone is sleeping?
late night while everyone is sleeping. I find it the most peaceful for myself.

If you could go anywhere and visit anything, where and what would it be?
Japan. I would love to walk the country side
(( 01*21*14 ))

April 5th, 2013, 09:43 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breaking dawn part 2 is so flipping awesome!!!!!!! I just got it on bluRay!! I have only seen it in theater once and I havent been able to sit and watch it again bc the BR player is in our room and life is to busy to lay in bed lol. soon I will watch it again soon!

April 6th, 2013, 02:18 AM
That musical box is so awesome!!

Lol Nikki, of course, we didn't tell you how addicting they are because we wanted you to come to the dark side!
Yes, crystals are addicting, but in a good way. They are a beautiful addition to anyone's life and journey, bringing so much healing. You'll find that everyone who's into crystals wants to spread the word.

Oh, and re you and Michael looking alike, it's not unusual for twin flames to have a look of one another.

If you want to tell me a little more in PMs about the female issues I'll draw another card around the specifics. Perhaps winter is significant in some other way. As soon as the winter card came out, I resonated with it for you. It's actually amazing because the winter card of the faery deck has a white unicorn on it, and your music box reminds me of it...

Some more questions if you do not mind!

Share your favourite baking recipe with us! (Brownies would be good!)
How did you discover you were able to do readings?
Would you describe yourself as a channel reader (messages from higher beings), a psychic (from your own higher self) or a medium (from spirit)?
Would you describe yourself as clairvoyant (seeing other dimensions), clairaudient (hearing them), clairsentient (feeling/sensing them) or claircognizant ("just knowing" wisdom from them)?
What's your favourite piece of jewelry and do you wear it every day?

April 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Why did you name your daughter Kennedi?
Would you have more kids?
What animal calls to you?

Leslie

April 8th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Veteran
LOVE your photos Nikki!! The one of your first kiss with Kenni is so special. And you and Michael do make a complete couple (don't know why but that is the word I get!!!)
April 8th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I didn't realize there was more questions!! I'll answer when I get a chance tomorrow, I am just popping in while Kenn is at dance class :giggles:

I will be typing up the readings tonight, should be in your pm box by tomorrow night my time.

I didn't realize there was more questions!! I'll answer when I get a chance tomorrow, I am just popping in while Kenn is at dance class :giggles:

I will be typing up the readings tonight, should be in your pm box by tomorrow night my time.
Adding1more and TreeTog like this.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Tags
soul sister of the week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search