SSOTW this week 4/8 is Tiff - lhug_nar! Please all read and ask questions!

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes
  • 2 Post By fromGirltoMommy
  • 2 Post By lhug_nar
  • 2 Post By TreeTog
  • 2 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 2 Post By kaydee78
  • 6 Post By lhug_nar
  • 2 Post By lhug_nar
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 3 Post By TreeTog
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Kiam
  • 1 Post By fromGirltoMommy
  • 2 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 4 Post By lhug_nar
  • 1 Post By stucklikeglue
  • 1 Post By kaydee78
  • 3 Post By lhug_nar
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Soul Sister of the Week this week beginning April 8th is Tiff (lhug_nar)!

First off I am sorry to post this a day late, I'm just struggling this week IRL. Feel free to take the activities into the weekend or next week - it's all flexible anyway (see below).

Tiff, here is the schedule for what you should post each day, but you can be flexible, and skip days, or post a few all on one day, whatever works for you.

This game works best if everyone asks the Soul Sister of the Week some questions for Friday! And you girls are rocking this up to now in a way I've never seen before on ANY board! You can ask the same questions for every lady and just copy and paste them, or think up questions when you've read a few of their posts. You can ask one question or ten! All entirely up to you.

Tiff, if there are any questions put to you that you don't feel comfortable with, obviously you need not answer, perhaps just say so on the thread or PM the member to let them know you weren't just ignoring them.

I will do a card draw and short angel message later in the week for the area of life you want guidance on. Other members who also read or draw cards are welcome to do the same.

MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS - An introduction in your own words - whatever you want to say about your life story. You should also say what area of your life you'd currently like guidance on here.

TUESDAY PATHWAYS - Your path and beliefs - copy & paste the questionnaire and answer as many of the questions as you're comfortable with and are relevant to you. Feel free to delete any which are not.

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?

What do you most enjoy about your current path?

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with?

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?

Do you believe in:

Angels

Devil

Heaven

Hell

God/Source

Saints/Ascended Masters

Past lives/Reincarnation

Prayer

Magick

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction

PICTURE WEDNESDAY - You can share ten pictures of your choice, of your family, home, crafts, etc; photography you have created; or picture quotes, cartoons and other pictures from the internet which represent you in some way (if you have Facebook you probably already have a ton!).

THURSDAY SHOWCASE -
EITHER showcase your spiritual or creative skills or knowledge. Share a poem, story, piece of artwork, photography or craft you have created. You could share a channelling, piece of automatic writing, or pull oracle or tarot cards, runes or similar for a few members who've asked you questions. You could write a short piece on something spiritual or paranormal to share your knowledge.

OR showcase your newest spiritual tools, crystals, books, whatever you have bought most recently to further your spiritual development - or your wish list using pictures from the internet!

QUESTION FRIDAY - Answer questions from the other members.

April 9th, 2013, 05:34 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't wait to get to know you better!!

Do you have a favorite day of the week? Why is it that day?
Have you ever been on a train?
Carwen*Angel and lhug_nar like this.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
April 9th, 2013, 11:01 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS -
An intro, huh? Well I'm Tiff (29), married to Jason (34) since May 12, 2007. I'm mom to Robbie (9), Bryce (5), Merrick (3) and baby due late June/early July. I've been a member here on SL forever... I joined JM when I was pregnant with Bryce.

I grew up in Minnesota as an only child. Met Robbie's sperm donor (he's never been a parent or wanted to be so I consider him just a donor) when I was in my first year of college. We got married, got pregnant, he didn't want Robbie and cheated on me so we got divorced. In 2005 after a trip to California to see some family, I came back home thinking that I was just going to have fun and date a bit. I met DH on Yahoo! Personals about a week after I got home and met him in person a week after that. He and Robbie met a couple days after we saw each other in person and got along famously from the second they met. We moved in together Labor Day weekend 2005, got engaged Mother's Day 2006, found out we were expecting Bryce the beginning of March 2007 and got married May 12, 2007. We had been planning the wedding though since we got engaged. Bryce was born Nov 12, 2007 so we joke that he was our 6-month baby. We found out that we were expecting Merrick just after our 2nd wedding anniversary and found out just before my birthday this last year we were expecting baby #4. It had been kind of a whirlwind thing for us but we've never done anything slowly... It's always been all or nothing for us.

About 18 months ago I figured out that my path wasn't Christianity but more Paganism-ish and that did put a little bit of a strain on Jason and I because he didn't understand what I believed. Now that he understands and knows that I'll support his faith in Christianity as long as he supports mine in my path we're good as gold. As far as guidance, I'm not really sure. I'm just kind of letting my path lead me right now and trying to accept things as they come since my life has kind of been turned upside down a few times in the last 18 months. So I guess the guidance would be how to keep moving forward with my path.

TUESDAY PATHWAYS -

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking? I grew up in Catholic schools but attended United Church of Christ or Lutheran churches. I am on a Pagan path now and I'm finally comfortable with where I am.

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring? Paganism just makes sense to me as it's more nature based.

What do you most enjoy about your current path? The peace that I have internally with things. I was very conflicted before when I tried to adhere to Christianity.

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with? Not with Paganism.

What spiritual activities do you do the most often? Meditation, energy work... I haven't done any spell work since I got pregnant with this baby.

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are? Honestly, Loyalty, Compassion/Love

Do you believe in:

Angels To an extent. I believe that they are around but I do not believe that they belong to the Christian God.

Devil Nope.

Heaven Summerland more like... Where you can reunite with other spirits that you're connected to.

Hell Nope

God/Source I believe that there are higher powers. Not necessarily just one but could be multiples.

Saints/Ascended Masters Ascended Masters yes.

Past lives/Reincarnation For sure! I know of many that I've had with some ladies from this board... It's amazing what I've learned.

Prayer To a point. I believe in asking for help and giving thanks for what we have to the higher powers.

Magick Yes

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction Somewhat, I believe that we all make our charts and we choose whether or not it will work for us.
Carwen*Angel and Earthy.Mama like this.
April 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Do you want to bring your kids up in the Christian path or Pagan path?
What are your 2 top goals to complete this year?

Leslie

April 9th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Favorite color of the rainbow?
Sunset or sunrise?
Favorite meal to make your family?
April 9th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Veteran
What would you tell your 16 year old self? (Yeah I ask everyone that because you never get 2 answers teh same!)
What is your "favourite" part about paganism?
What song makes you dance?
Describe your ideal day

April 10th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Pictures!!!

I don't know if I can keep it to 10 but I'll try!

Robbie... I think he was a day or two old here...

Bryce... He was minutes old...

Merrick... He was minutes old too...

My favorite picture of DH and I from our wedding...

My Dad (really grandpa but he's the only dad I've ever really known and has always allowed me to call him Dad) walking me down the aisle. This picture really means a lot to me right now since he's so sick.

Horses....
DH's horse, Fire

My mare, Fay - This was taken when I was pg with Merrick.

My gelding, Buster - This was taken when I was PG with Merrick too... He needs to have a training refresher before I get on him again... Maybe next year.

My gelding, Joe - Taken back in 2005 before I met DH.

And a recent family picture... This was taken on our trip to Canada.
April 11th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Thursday Showcase - I usually do readings with my Faerie Oracle cards but since being pregnant I have only done a total of maybe 5 readings. The Fae talk to me still but I just can get this intuitive block down long enough to do more than one at a time...
Carwen*Angel and kaydee78 like this.
April 11th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I found in my pregnancies that in some ways I was more spiritual and in other ways, less - I had to stop my paid readings and take maternity leave from it for some time because I just couldn't guarantee having the motivation or energy. Faeries have a lovely energy for readings.

You and your family (including your horses!) are beautiful!

Some questions for Friday.

Are you interested in a particular strand or strands of Paganism or are you more eclectic/exploring?
What was your favourite thing about church growing up?
And what bit(s) did you really not feel comfortable with?
What ideas do you have for names for your summer baby?
Have you dreamed of your baby or do you have any intuitions about their personality etc?
What would Robbie, Bryce and Merrick have been named if they'd been girls?
How many children would you like to have altogether?

I'll probably come back with more either tomorrow or at the weekend!
lhug_nar likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 02:55 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I took a break from magick during pregnancies.

Leslie

April 12th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Some more questions.

What was your first horse named and what was he/she like?
How old were you when you first learned to ride a horse?
Do you consider the horse to be one of your power animals?
What do you predict each of your kids will be when they grow up?
What's your favourite time of the week with your boys?
What's your favourite activity to do with the whole family?
lhug_nar likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was your experience with Christian education? (I seriously find the topic of religious schooling too interesting for my own good)
Do your boys show any interest in religion or spirituality?
How old were you when you learned to ride horses?
lhug_nar likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 04:58 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You got married on my birthday It's a great day, wonderful choice in date!
lhug_nar likes this.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
April 12th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm late to this but here are my questions for today:

1. What is your best quality?
2. If you could have ONE big dream in life come true, what would it be?
3. When your life is chaotic, what is your method for finding peace?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pics!!!!! You all look so great!!!! You know I think your dad is a cutie patootie! <3

April 12th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Questions!

Do you have a favorite day of the week? Why is it that day? Saturday - Because that is usually the only day that DH and I can stay in bed in the morning and cuddle.

Have you ever been on a train? Yes, for a short jaunt about 20 miles up the track.

Do you want to bring your kids up in the Christian path or Pagan path? I want them to be brought up open minded so that they can figure out what path speaks to them the best. I am teaching them about other religions including Taoist, Buddhist, Muslim, and Pagan. DH is teaching Christianity them along with taking them to a Lutheran Church (that I go with them on Sundays and the Pastor knows I'm Pagan). But I REALLY want to teach them to have an open mind and be comfortable enough in themselves to follow the path that calls to them.

What are your 2 top goals to complete this year? Another successful VBAC and to get another book written (short story or full novel).

Favorite color of the rainbow? Purple

Sunset or sunrise? Sunset - I'm so NOT a morning person!

Favorite meal to make your family? Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy

What would you tell your 16 year old self? It gets better! Don't rush into anything without really thinking it through. People come into our lives to teach us lessons, you're going to have to learn your fair share but in the end it's all worth every second of misery so don't be too hard on yourself.

What is your "favourite" part about paganism? I guess it's the freedom I feel to open myself without feeling condemned.

What song makes you dance? I really don't have a song that makes me dance but right now on Pandora it's Maroon 5 that's my go-to-feel-good music.

Describe your ideal day - My ideal day, huh? Cuddling with DH and the boys until 9 or 10a, shower, lunch that I don't have to cook or clean up after, a nap with the boys in the afternoon, dinner that I don't have to cook or clean up after, and cuddling with DH watching a movie once the boys go to bed. If I could fit a couple hour ride on my mare in there too, I'd be happy.

Are you interested in a particular strand or strands of Paganism or are you more eclectic/exploring? I'm pretty eclectic. I work with Thor, Loki, Odin, Isis, and Anubis quite a bit and enjoy working with them… I'm honestly open to wherever my path is leading me.

What was your favourite thing about church growing up? Getting to see my Grandma Rita. She was my mom's best friend's mom so we really only saw her at church or holidays…

And what bit(s) did you really not feel comfortable with? I didn't feel comfortable with any of it really. I didn't like the fact that I felt like if I didn't follow what the preacher was saying that I would be condemned. I didn't like the idea that there was only one god who I was taught was cruel and unforgiving in one moment but loving and benevolent in the next. I guess I really didn't feel comfortable with any of it, it never made sense to me.

What ideas do you have for names for your summer baby? We have a list of some names for both boys and girls but we are pretty set on Danielle Elise if it is a girl… If it's a boy, well we will be taking the list of names with us to the hospital because we can't decide on a boy name.

Have you dreamed of your baby or do you have any intuitions about their personality etc? I've had very few dreams this time. I do think that this is another boy, I will honestly be shocked if it is a girl. I have this feeling that this baby is going to be laid back like Mer was but as it gets older it will be a little more feisty.

What would Robbie, Bryce and Merrick have been named if they'd been girls? Robbie would've been Elise May, Bryce and Merrick would've been Danielle Elise.

How many children would you like to have altogether? This is it… We are done with this one. So 4 total. I've been so sick with morning sickness this time around that I just can't deal physically with having another. I don't want to put my body through it again.

What was your first horse named and what was he/she like? Lewi - He was a pure bred Arabian and the reason I fell in love with Arabs. He was lovable and calm and always had his face in mine… I wish that he hadn't been beaten by the trainer we sent him to because he would've been such a fantastic guy. Here's a pic of me with Lewi…

How old were you when you first learned to ride a horse? I was 3 or 4 when I started to ride.

Do you consider the horse to be one of your power animals? For sure!

What do you predict each of your kids will be when they grow up? Robbie's going to end up being an engineer of some type… He loves to know the hows and whys of the way things work and go together. Bryce is probably going to end up being a rancher or farmer. He is the kid that is into the animals and wants to ride with me all the time. Merrick is going to be like Bryce I think. He might do more with Animal Science stuff (vet type stuff) than Bryce but he's going to be involved with animals somehow. I would not be surprised if at least Bryce and Merrick end up being in EMS and Robbie ends up being one of the Medical Examiners in the county.

What's your favourite time of the week with your boys? Friday nights. That's our night to cuddle and hang out without having to hurry to bed for school the next day.

What's your favourite activity to do with the whole family? Go camping with our RV. We got the RV last year and hit a couple state parks and camped overnight. It was a lot of fun with just us and the kids. I think we're going to do it for Mother's Day if the snow goes away and it warms up a bit here.

What was your experience with Christian education? It was a great education - totally worth every cent my mom paid since it was private schooling. I wasn't real thrilled with the Christianity being shoved down my throat but it gave me a good understanding of the religion. The High School I went to strives on not only educating about Christianity but also other religions so I was exposed to multiple religions and their teachings. I was honestly VERY lucky to have the educational experiences I did in regards to religion which made understanding my path a lot easier.

Do your boys show any interest in religion or spirituality? Robbie is starting to… He's starting to question things and we are encouraging him to ask the questions he wants answers to. He's asked me why I don't go for communion and stuff like that during church. Once we get home I talk to him about it. I am quite excited that Robbie is at the questioning everything stage! DH actually is questioning things too which is good for him. Bryce isn't quite at the questioning stage yet, he's still blindly doing what he is told that he should do. His time will come though. And Merrick is still too young to even know the difference.

What is your best quality? Honestly, I think it changes from day to day. Without trying to sound conceited, one of my best qualities, I think, is that I am big-hearted. I tend to try to go out of my way for my friends even if they haven't for me.

If you could have ONE big dream in life come true, what would it be? I'd like to have my working ranch complete with beef cattle and my horses.

When your life is chaotic, what is your method for finding peace? Meditation. Even if it's 5 minutes, it helps me center myself and helps me remember that life is a series of events that we don't necessarily control.

Terri - you and all of his nurses and NA's say the same thing LOL! He has all the ladies fawning over him and it embarrasses him because my Grandma was his one and only love... Still is after 18 years of her being gone.

Last edited by lhug_nar; April 12th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
April 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so late on this that it's technically sat by 14 min! I loved reading everything. I wish I had some of you ladies around me.

I think it's a girl

Blanket or sheet or both when sleeping?
Aliens? Do you believe?
If you could meet anyone from history who would it be and why?
lhug_nar likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Veteran
So lovely to get to know you better! I love being able to lay in and cuddle with hubby, alhtough with 2 little ones that doesn't happen very often!!!

My SIL is a horse person and you have the same energy around you!!
lhug_nar likes this.

April 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Blanket or sheet or both when sleeping? Both... I have to have some weight on me or I don't sleep.

Aliens? Do you believe? I believe. If we are here, what's to say that there isn't other life out there... Including other planes of existence.

If you could meet anyone from history who would it be and why? My answer constantly changes. Right now, it'd be Abe Lincoln just to pick his brain.
April 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks for being a wonderful SSOTW hun! I will do your mini-read when I do Leslie's. Time is running away for me right now!
lhug_nar likes this.

Tags
soul sister of the week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search