Friday Five 4/12

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

Memories
1) What is your most treasured childhood memory?
2) What was your favourite childhood toy? Why did you like it?
3) What was your favourite childhood show? Who was your favourite character?
4) Who was your best childhood friend and what is your clearest memory of this person?
5) What is the best gift you ever remember receiving as a child?

April 12th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When my mother was pregnant with my brother she had a very bad pregnancy and was in hospital for 2 months herself, then my brother was in hospital for 3 months after he was born, so I went to live with my Nanna, Nannu and Aunty (who was 22 at the time). I have such fond memories of those months, I was 5 years old. My Nanna and Nannu lived very simply and were very much still trying to live out their Maltese culture in Australia, they grew all their own veggies, they didn't buy much from the store, they also lived in an area with a very large European population and there were street parties on Saturday afternoons and open air markets. It was amazing.

I had a rag doll named Sarah and I was very attached to her, I don't know why, I had several rag dolls, but Sarah was my absolute favourite, she had purple eyes and blonde hair and wore a blue dress.

I had so many, The Animals Of Farthing Wood was probably my favourite though, I loved weasel because she was funny and vixen because she was pretty. It's so strange watching clips of it on youtube though, if it came out now there would be no way that it would have made it into the after-school line up, I was watching a clip where all the baby voles are killed by hawks by being impaled on tree branches, I remember that episode and it did not phase me at all as a kid, but there is no way that would pass now. Come to think of it, the majority of the characters in that show died, the only one who died of natural causes was badger, the rest were all killed in some brutal way. The only one that upset me was when Sinuous was killed by the rats, but only because I also loved the snakes.

4) Who was your best childhood friend and what is your clearest memory of this person?
A girl named Breannon, clearest memory is of when she stayed at our house for a few days because her Mum and Step-Dad were addicts and she ran away from home and came to our house. She spent a lot of time with our family, but when she went into foster care she was placed somewhere on the other side of the city.

My Aunty bought me a tape player one Christmas, it was a proper one, it was black and had two tape decks, the one I had prior to that was a kids one that was bright blue and had Snow White and Rose Red on it, so when I was 8 I was embarrassed of it, plus it didn't have a record button. I loved my new tape player, I made at least 100 tapes recorded off the radio.

April 12th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When my mother was pregnant with my brother she had a very bad pregnancy and was in hospital for 2 months herself, then my brother was in hospital for 3 months after he was born, so I went to live with my Nanna, Nannu and Aunty (who was 22 at the time). I have such fond memories of those months, I was 5 years old. My Nanna and Nannu lived very simply and were very much still trying to live out their Maltese culture in Australia, they grew all their own veggies, they didn't buy much from the store, they also lived in an area with a very large European population and there were street parties on Saturday afternoons and open air markets. It was amazing.

I had a rag doll named Sarah and I was very attached to her, I don't know why, I had several rag dolls, but Sarah was my absolute favourite, she had purple eyes and blonde hair and wore a blue dress.

I had so many, The Animals Of Farthing Wood was probably my favourite though, I loved weasel because she was funny and vixen because she was pretty. It's so strange watching clips of it on youtube though, if it came out now there would be no way that it would have made it into the after-school line up, I was watching a clip where all the baby voles are killed by hawks by being impaled on tree branches, I remember that episode and it did not phase me at all as a kid, but there is no way that would pass now. Come to think of it, the majority of the characters in that show died, the only one who died of natural causes was badger, the rest were all killed in some brutal way. The only one that upset me was when Sinuous was killed by the rats, but only because I also loved the snakes.

A girl named Breannon, clearest memory is of when she stayed at our house for a few days because her Mum and Step-Dad were addicts and she ran away from home and came to our house. She spent a lot of time with our family, but when she went into foster care she was placed somewhere on the other side of the city.

My Aunty bought me a tape player one Christmas, it was a proper one, it was black and had two tape decks, the one I had prior to that was a kids one that was bright blue and had Snow White and Rose Red on it, so when I was 8 I was embarrassed of it, plus it didn't have a record button. I loved my new tape player, I made at least 100 tapes recorded off the radio.

April 12th, 2013, 05:03 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm I'm actually not sure.

It was my minnie. I lost it about a year ago I'll be honest at that point my minnie had been with me for 22 years and was only a scrap of fabric :giggles: I'm not sure why I liked it but I loved my minnie

Fraggle rock was my favorite show, I think it is horrible haha. Kenn watches it now. My favorite character has always been Tinkerbell I even have a big gothic Tinkerbell tated on my left shoulder blade.

The girl who lived behind me was my best friend. My clearest memory is making a home video of our babries at 12 years old BAHAHA!

I got a Furby for Christmas one year and went crazy jumping for joy and yelling when I realized what I got
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
April 12th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

Memories

1.Our one and only family vacation when I was 12.
2. Cabbage Patch Kid. My mom made all the clothes.
3. Didnt really have one show that I loved nor one character.
4. Natasha. Swinging on her swingset.
5. My first cassette comes to mind...it was actually 2. Crystal Gayle and Culture Club.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 12th, 2013, 08:18 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!

Spending time with my family. I loved to go camping in Sequoia.

Workbooks, I was always learning.

I like Mickey Mouse and I wanted to be Clarabelle Cow.

Fiona was my bff and we would roller skate through the apartment complex together.

I got a tape player and some tapes. I was over the moon.

Leslie

Tags
friday five , friday qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search