SSOTW this week 4/15 is Leslie - LDRW! Please all read and ask questions!

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Soul Sister of the Week this week beginning April 15th is Leslie (LDRW)!

Leslie, here is the schedule for what you should post each day, but you can be flexible, and skip days, or post a few all on one day, whatever works for you.

This game works best if everyone asks the Soul Sister of the Week some questions for Friday! And you girls are rocking this up to now in a way I've never seen before on ANY board! You can ask the same questions for every lady and just copy and paste them, or think up questions when you've read a few of their posts. You can ask one question or ten! All entirely up to you.

Leslie, if there are any questions put to you that you don't feel comfortable with, obviously you need not answer, perhaps just say so on the thread or PM the member to let them know you weren't just ignoring them.

I will do a card draw and short angel message later in the week for the area of life you want guidance on. Other members who also read or draw cards are welcome to do the same.

MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS - An introduction in your own words - whatever you want to say about your life story. You should also say what area of your life you'd currently like guidance on here.

TUESDAY PATHWAYS - Your path and beliefs - copy & paste the questionnaire and answer as many of the questions as you're comfortable with and are relevant to you. Feel free to delete any which are not.

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?

What do you most enjoy about your current path?

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with?

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?

Do you believe in:

Angels

Devil

Heaven

Hell

God/Source

Saints/Ascended Masters

Past lives/Reincarnation

Prayer

Magick

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction

PICTURE WEDNESDAY - You can share ten pictures of your choice, of your family, home, crafts, etc; photography you have created; or picture quotes, cartoons and other pictures from the internet which represent you in some way (if you have Facebook you probably already have a ton!).

THURSDAY SHOWCASE -
EITHER showcase your spiritual or creative skills or knowledge. Share a poem, story, piece of artwork, photography or craft you have created. You could share a channelling, piece of automatic writing, or pull oracle or tarot cards, runes or similar for a few members who've asked you questions. You could write a short piece on something spiritual or paranormal to share your knowledge.

OR showcase your newest spiritual tools, crystals, books, whatever you have bought most recently to further your spiritual development - or your wish list using pictures from the internet!

QUESTION FRIDAY - Answer questions from the other members.

April 15th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Well, Im gonna get my traditional questions posted up here LOL cuz I dont know what will be up with me the rest of the week.

1. Whats your favorite meal to make for your family?
2. Sunrise or sunset?
3. Favorite smell?
4. Favorite noise?
5. Song that speaks to your soul.
Carwen*Angel and TreeTog like this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 15th, 2013, 09:05 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I am going to have to post this in parts, due to a funny and needy 2yo.

My name is Leslie and I will be turning 41yo on July 28th. I have been married to David for over 16 years and we have 2 sons, Ryan and Liam. I have an AA degree in Behavioral Sciences. I graduated college while pregnant with Ryan. I am looking into getting my BA in Education soon.

I was baptized as a Lutheran and raised knowing there was a Christian God. My parents never forced church and I actually went and explored church myself through friends. I went to many different types of Christian churches in my 4o years. I have even attended a shabbat. I became Catholic and had my marriage blessed in 2001. In the months to come after that I started to question why so many times. Nothing added up for me. I went on a search to find my true soul placement and I found it in Paganism.

I have been pregnant 3 times. My 1st pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks in 1997. I tried for many years to get pregnant and went to many doctors and had no success.

In 2005, David got a job that offered medical benefits and was making decent money. In August 2006, I went in for my first IUI and it failed. In January 2007, we tried again. I had 3 eggs that were mature enough. I was told almost 10 years to the day after my miscarriage that I was pregnant again. At 8 weeks, I started spotting for 3 days. I thought it was over again. I went on bed rest. The OB and RE determined it was the 2 unfertilized eggs sloughing off. I was still pregnant, Yeah! The rest of my pregnancy was wonderful. I had no morning sickness, no heartburn, or gest. diabeties. I did start to have high bp in week 36, so I was induced 2 weeks later. Ryan was born with his cord around his neck and I wasn't clotting fast enough. My OB ordered blood, but never used it. Ryan was laid on my chest and I sang to him. I gave birth to Ryan at 8:03pm and my post partum room number was 2003. The number 8 is a big thing.

As time went on, life was good. My cycles have never been normal, so I never know when things will start up. My cycle that ended in a miscarriage began on December 9th and that is my deceased father's birthday. In the years after the miscarriage, my cycle never started on that fateful day until 2009. The day my cycle started, I told David to not have sex with me this month or we are going to get pregnant. i knew it. David said, "It took 10 years and lots of money to get pregnant with Ryan, so you don't know what you are talking about." I reminded him about the spare bedroom in our new house we bought in November 2006 and how I told him it would be a nursery soon and not a guest room." He still didn't believe me, so In mid-January 2010, I called him and told him, "I told you so DADDY!" This pregnancy was different. I had morning sickness, I passed out once at 8 weeks, I was on modified bed rest due to blood pressure and passing out. I also had a root canal at 32 weeks pregnant. I was induced at 37 weeks due to blood pressure. Liam was a hard birth. I was in labor for days. The doctors were talking C-section. I told them no. I said give me an epidural and watch out. They gave me an epidural on day 3 of labor at 4cm and I gave birth a few hours later. When I am in pain, I freeze and tense up.

After Liam's birth, I got the Essure procedure done. We weren't going to be able to afford any more babies. We thought Ryan was going to be are one and only. Surprise, Liam joined our family.

Part 2 coming.....
Carwen*Angel and Adding1more like this.

April 15th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Fast Forward a couple of years.....

Ryan is now a 5.5yo kid with Autism. I knew something was off the day he was born. His stomach would grumble and he would not cry for food. Ryan has had many days at the doctor office and doesn't like it there at all. He is in a preschool program for children with disabilities at a local elementary school. He is so happy there. He learned his name and age since being there. He started in April 2012. It was a long battle to get someone to listen to me about Ryan's medical needs and along the way a couple of doctors have listened. At 15 months, I got a ped gastro doctor to believe Ryan was allergic to cow's milk and at 4yo, I got a ped to RX Ryan with ASD. That ped started the process we are on now. Tomorrow, I will get the official RX from TX Children's Autism Center. Ryan's school has also RX him with Autism and a Speech impairment. Ryan loves electronics, like Nabi and Ipad. He will play and learn from the Ipad all day long, Ryan likes outside for about 15 minutes then he is done. He over heats quickly. His face turns red, even his ears go bright red.

Liam is the total opposite of Ryan, He is talking, asking why, getting into everything, and he won't sit still. Liam loves outside, except when cold. Liam is on ECI due to a speech delay that he overcame with some helpful therapists. Liam gets his yearly evaluation on 4/29 and I believe he will test out of ECI. Yeah Liam! Liam had to spend 10 days at TX Children's hospital when he was about 3.5 weeks old. He wasn't having good bowel movements. His butt was raw and his tummy was round. He was RX with anal stenosis. With the help of different dilators, I was able to enlarge the anal opening and all is well.
Carwen*Angel and Adding1more like this.

April 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a long road to motherhood for you! HUGS.
TreeTog likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Part 3....

My mom was my rock. My father was mental, emotionally, verbally abusive and sometimes physical. My parents both drank heavily. My mom smoked cigarettes a lot. My mom came from an alcoholic abusive home. She never stood up to her husbands, she just drank more to hide the pain.

In 1989/1990, the alcohol won the battle and my mom died with sepsis of her liver and a shunt infection. On April 7, 1990, my mother went to live with God in Heaven.

As the 1st year passed after my mother's death, life changed for my father and I. I graduated high school, turned 18yo, and I blamed my father's abuse for my mother's death. I look like my mother. My father one day because he didn't like what i did stopped talking to me for 3 days. I had enough of his abuse and I told him so. I told him that I was bigger than him and he taught me how to shoot a gun, so he better watch out. After that day, my father asked for forgiveness from me. I gave it to him. We started building our relationship again and I really loved and respected my father. There was a reason God took my mother to Heaven in 1990.

My dad and I lived together until I got married. After I got married to David, my dad moved to FL to live with my eldest sister and her family. In July 2000, right before my 28th birthday, my father was having a 1 hour layover in Houston on his way back to FL from CA. During his CA trip, he asked his ex-inlaws for forgiveness over the way he treated his 2nd wife. They gave it to him. Yeah! David had to go to work the morning of the layover and we weren't going to be able to meet up with my Dad at the airport. I stayed up all night trying to figure out a way to go and make everything work while David slept. I even tracked my dad's flight on the computer. David woke up as his alarm sounded and found me staring at my computer watching an airplane flash on the screen. David asked what I was doing and had I been up all night. I told him yes and what I was doing. He told me, "You stayed up all night?! There must be something going on. We are going to the airport. I am calling in sick." I didn't argue. We went to the airport and saw my dad. I asked him jokingly for a pair of shoes for my birthday in a few days. My dad said of course. LOL! Less than a month later, my SIL called to tell me that my Dad was dead. His legs gave out and he hit his head on the bathroom counter while he was using the restroom. On August 15, 2000, my father passed away due to blunt trauma to his head.

Ryan Alexander is named after Goddess Rhiannon. Alexander just sounded strong with Ryan.

William David is named after his grandfathers. William is my dad and David is David's dad. We call William, Liam, because my dad went by Bill and I don't like all the other nicknames.

Leslie

Last edited by TreeTog; April 15th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
April 15th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
That's ok Hillarie, questions can be posted whenever!

Your sons sound like two tough cookies, two little fighters, Leslie! You must be so so proud of them. Bless you and your lovely family. I look forward to finding out more about you this week!

That's ok Hillarie, questions can be posted whenever!

Your sons sound like two tough cookies, two little fighters, Leslie! You must be so so proud of them. Bless you and your lovely family. I look forward to finding out more about you this week!
TreeTog likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
The questions I always need clarity on are
1) Even with Assure - Is there any more kids coming?
2) Should we move closer to David's work or stay put?
3) Will David keep his current career until he retires?

Leslie

April 15th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Super Mommy
Lovely to hear the start of your story Leslie. It sounds very much like your boys are meant to live with you and hubby. Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts!

My questions

What advice would you give your 18 yr old self?
What would the boys have been called if they were girls?
How did you and David meet?
What is your favourite time of the day?
TreeTog likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Nerd
Leslie, you're a strong woman with two resilient children.

My question for now:
What's you're sure-fire way of calming/centering yourself when things feel overwhelming or out of control?
TreeTog likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
April 16th, 2013, 05:22 AM
What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?

I grew up with open Christian faith and allowed to seek my own. I never brought up Paganism to my parents growing up. My parents were both deceased before I came out of the broom closet. My path now is Paganism. I am learning the Norse path right now.

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?

I was led to Paganism, by questions. I was asking questions that no one could seem to answer.

What do you most enjoy about your current path?

Freedom to learn

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don’t agree with?

Nope

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?

Candle magick, wishes, teaching the children, sabbats, numerology, astrology, and spells.

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?

Karma, Law of 3, and 9 Noble Virtues

Do you believe in:

Angels - yes

Devil - no

Heaven - yes, my parents are there. I call it Summerland.

Hell - no

God/Source - I have Gods and Godesses, but I respect all deity

Saints/Ascended Masters - Yes

Past lives/Reincarnation - Yes

Prayer - Yes, spells and wishes are the same as prayers

Magick - Yes

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction - Yes

April 16th, 2013, 05:28 AM
1. Whats your favorite meal to make for your family? \

I don't cook.

2. Sunrise or sunset?

Sunset

3. Favorite smell?

Pineapple, Coconut, and Pine

4. Favorite noise?

Kids laughing

5. Song that speaks to your soul.

True Colors - Cyndi Lauper

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
Its hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow

Show me a smile then,
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
Your true colors
Like a rainbow

(When I last saw you laughing)
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors

Your true colors
True colors
True colors
Shining through

I see your true colors
Your true colors
Like a rainbow

What's you're sure-fire way of calming/centering yourself when things feel overwhelming or out of control?

I take a hot bath or I find a big tree or rock and hold on while the storm passes.

Leslie

April 16th, 2013, 06:40 AM
In the 10+ years, I have been out of the broom closet, I have done a lot of soul searching.

I have studied Wicca, Celtic Fae, Reiki, Kitchen Witchery, and Norse. I use to belong to a pagan group that was big on titles and I use to want titles, but now it is all heart.

I love candle magick, wish magick, doing spells, astrology, numerology, birth charts, energy healing, dream interpretation, and holidays.

What advice would you give your 18 yr old self?

Stay in school and concentrate more on studies!!!!

What would the boys have been called if they were girls?

Ryan - Emily Adair
Liam - Korryn Adair

What is your favourite time of the day?

Night time

April 17th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Here is a pic of my parents and I -

My graduation day -

April 17th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Ryan at age 2yo -

Liam at 2yo -

April 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Yule 2012 -

David and I before kids -

April 17th, 2013, 09:28 AM
If I was a fairy, I would want to look like this -

April 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love all the pics!!! You're doing so great as SSOTW, Leslie!
TreeTog likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 11:57 AM
How did we meet?

My friend, Jennifer, who is like a sister to me was dating Henry. Henry and David were roommates in the Marine Corps. David was in TX getting over surgery. David had a baseball size benign tumor removed from behind his knee. While David was in TX, he let Henry use his car in CA. When David got back, he brought another Marine over to Jennifer's house around 2am in the morning. This was May 1996. I met him that night after being woken up by laughter and talking. I saw David maybe 3 hours that day. In July 1996, I broke up with my boyfriend and Jennifer wanted to go out dancing with Henry. They wanted me to come, but I wasn't going to be the 3rd wheel. Henry was on base, so he went out to find me a date and David volunteered. David hates to dance. David bought me a rose that night and soda. By the next weekend, we were dating. August 1996, we were engaged. September 1996, we were living together. November 10, 1996, we eloped in Las Vegas wearing shorts.
Adding1more likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Brotherly Love -

Tags
soul sister of the week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search