Looking for a little guidance...

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By LadybugBanana
  • 5 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 4 Post By MidnightMaiden
  • 3 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 2 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By stucklikeglue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
Hello!
I honestly have no clue where to begin or if I am in the right place, but I will try! I found this board while exploring what else JM has to offer besides my DDC
My name is Melissa, I am 27 years old and PG with #2. I have always been curious about religion. I was raised Catholic, then Christian due to a guy I was with, then angry at the world and back and forth between there is no God and I hate God. But, they don't really sum up what I believe, or think I believe.
How do you actually figure out what it is you believe? Where can I research different things to help me find my path? I want faith, more than anything. I need something to focus on and help me throughout this time in my life.

Basically, I am curious if anyone has any advice for someone just starting out on her spiritual journey. How did you discover where your heart and mind were? I am not looking for a quick answer, as I know this is going to take a while, if not forever, for me to figure out what I believe. But, I guess the first step to a faith is wanting to believe in something, right?

Thank you in advance for any help or direction you can give me!!
Carwen*Angel likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:55 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Welcome!!

You came to the right spot.

When I started on my spiritual journey I wrote 3 lists. What I knew I believed, what I knew I didnt believe, and what I wasnt sure of.

Then I read books of things that interested me and things online. I asked questions on boards or of friends IRL and if something sounded right I followed my heart. The journey can be long but not always and along the way you learn neat things and meet awesome people and most of all, if you keep yourself open,, you learn more about yourself.

Good luck on your journey...enjoy it, embrace it and never fear asking questions and opening yourself up to things you may have never considered or thought of before!

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 4th, 2013, 03:09 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Hello!

You have most definitely come to the right place

Hillarie has a way better way of it than what I did
I literally came onto this board, told the girls here what I believed in (spirits, reincarnation, tarot, etc.) and they led me to the Pagan board. Once you have a general idea of what you already DO believe in, it will help get you at least started.

Feel free to ask any questions at all, all the ladies on here are absolutely amazing with answering questions

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

May 4th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Welcome Melissa! The ladies are right, you have definitely come to the right place on JM.

I'm Sharron from the UK, I've been co-hosting this board on and off for longer than I care to remember. I love helping people on their spiritual path, and there are links in my siggy to some of the other work I do online. I'll be 38 on May 30th, and have two children, Daniel, 6 and Michaela, 9 months, and am currently trying to find a permanent teaching post after having a very bitty employment history the last few years!

Certainly wanting to have faith is a wonderful starting point.

Now you need to find your truth - what resonates for you.

We all have different life lessons to learn for our soul's growth, so it's right for different people to follow different paths. And it happens in a different way for everybody.

Sometimes it is as simple, as Tasha says, as telling others what it is you actually believe in, and some discussion will lead to a "why don't you try this board or look into this path?"

Sometimes the road is long and complex as it unfolds, and it can take many years on a journey to find peace!

I have been on somewhat of a spiritual quest since I was about 14! I was raised broadly C of E and that didn't quite fit, though I was always drawn to Jesus. I have read a lot about many different faiths, and chatted a lot both on here and IRL to people of different faiths, and considered quite a few. For the last few years I have most earnestly researched Paganism and walked a Pagan path, and that no longer feels right for me now due to the draw I have to ideas and figures from other faiths. I have now given up trying to label my faith. I believe in a great many things - LOVE and PEACE being top of the list; angels; faeries; ascended masters; prayer; devotion; reincarnation; channelling; alternative healing; I still believe in magick, though I don't necessarily believe it's the right path for everybody. I think I have finally found peace with being spiritual, or perhaps more precisely, interfaith.

The thing is not to be daunted by the prospect of the journey. It's exciting finding out about faiths, paths, spiritual ideas....finding yourself in the process. It can open up whole new worlds. The trick is to keep an open mind.

I love Hillarie's idea - very practical starting point there for you - and she is one wise lady.

I do hope you'll stick around and share your journey with us. You might find inspiration in some of the things we post about, you can share things you find that interest you or catch your attention, and we can give you nudges if we get any intuitions for you, though ultimately only you can find your own path. Why not request a card in the ascended masters thread - they are very good at helping people on their spiritual path and might provide another starting point.

May 6th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, Melissa! Welcome to Spiritual Living! Yes, this is the right place to explore your spirituality with absolute support from the women here. Discovering my own path has been my work over the past year! And, I'm on a totally different road than I was when I began that work! Please ask questions, throw your thoughts out there, and KNOW that you are loved, welcomed and accepted here! xo
Carwen*Angel and lhug_nar like this.

May 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome! The other ladies did a great job and I am still on my way. You can and will learn a lot here.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

May 8th, 2013, 03:26 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Welcome! The other ladies have given some sage advice! Just know you're welcome here and we're all pretty open to discussing our beliefs with you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search