SSOTW this week 5/13 is Kira (Kiam)! Please all read & ask qs!

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Soul Sister of the Week this week beginning May 13th is Kira (Kiam)!

Kira, here is the schedule for what you should post each day, but you can be flexible, and skip days, or post a few all on one day, whatever works for you.

This game works best if everyone asks the Soul Sister of the Week some questions for Friday! Last week was a bit quieter than usual, please try to keep this going as the game is not as much fun for the SSOTW without questions. You can ask the same questions for every lady and just copy and paste them, or think up questions when you've read a few of their posts. You can ask one question or ten! All entirely up to you.

Kira, if there are any questions put to you that you don't feel comfortable with, obviously you need not answer, perhaps just say so on the thread or PM the member to let them know you weren't just ignoring them.

I will do a card draw and short angel message later in the week for the area of life you want guidance on. I know I already owe some of these. I haven't forgotten and will try to catch up today. Other members who also read or draw cards are welcome to do the same.

MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS - An introduction in your own words - whatever you want to say about your life story. You should also say what area of your life you'd currently like guidance on here.

TUESDAY PATHWAYS - Your path and beliefs - copy & paste the questionnaire and answer as many of the questions as you're comfortable with and are relevant to you. Feel free to delete any which are not.

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?

What do you most enjoy about your current path?

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don�t agree with?

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?

Do you believe in:

Angels

Devil

Heaven

Hell

God/Source

Saints/Ascended Masters

Past lives/Reincarnation

Prayer

Magick

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction

PICTURE WEDNESDAY - You can share ten pictures of your choice, of your family, home, crafts, etc; photography you have created; or picture quotes, cartoons and other pictures from the internet which represent you in some way (if you have Facebook you probably already have a ton!).

THURSDAY SHOWCASE -
EITHER showcase your spiritual or creative skills or knowledge. Share a poem, story, piece of artwork, photography or craft you have created. You could share a channelling, piece of automatic writing, or pull oracle or tarot cards, runes or similar for a few members who've asked you questions. You could write a short piece on something spiritual or paranormal to share your knowledge.

OR showcase your newest spiritual tools, crystals, books, whatever you have bought most recently to further your spiritual development - or your wish list using pictures from the internet!

QUESTION FRIDAY - Answer questions from the other members.
Sacred Silence likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
cant wait to read all about you!

May 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will post tonight. Sorry guys these may be posted at odd times because of timezones and work
May 14th, 2013, 01:59 AM
It doesn't matter - it's flexible, whatever suits you. I did my Monday-Tuesday stuff on Wednesday last week, my Wednesday-Thursday stuff on Thursday, and my Friday stuff on Saturday.

Looking forward to reading about you x

May 14th, 2013, 04:15 AM
MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS - An introduction in your own words - whatever you want to say about your life story. You should also say what area of your life you'd currently like guidance on here.

To begin with, my name is Kira, I am 24years old and am married to Matt. We are expecting our first child in 7 weeks.

We live in the Dandenong Ranges (a region just outside of Melbourne) in Victoria, Australia. It is a gorgeous area, mountainous area which is a mix of bushland and rainforest, looks like this:

That is actually the main road up the mountain from where we live (we used to live at the very top, but recently moved down to the bottom of the mountain in order to save a bit of money, rent is cheaper down here)
It's a big change from where I grew up, I grew up in an area dubbed "The real China Town" in middle suburbia. I feel at home at both, but I cannot imagine living anywhere but the hills now.

I have had a few different career paths in my short time out of high school. Straight out of high school I attended the National Institute of Circus Arts, studying aerial acrobatics, it wasn't something I honestly wanted to do for a living, I liked the novelty of being in the circus, but it was more of a case of I had that teenage need to be different, and I was quite good at gymnastics as a teenager. I ended up injuring my back and dropping out though.
From there I worked in childcare, and studied for qualifications in early childhood education. The plan was to do a teaching degree, but I was working at a primary school as an integration aide for kids with reading disabilities and decided to go down the children's librarian path instead. I can safely say that I love my job now. I just took a very... different... way to get there.

I grew up in a multi-cultural and multi-religious family, which I think has shaped my beliefs quite strongly. I am a mix of Maltese, Iranian and Welsh, and in my family we have people who are Roman Catholic, Muslim, Pagan, Buddhist and Anglican. Personally I was baptised Roman Catholic but raised multi-spiritual. My mother is very heavily into angels, spirits, healing crystals and all that, and that was what I she raised us with. I asked her once why she had us baptised, and she said it was to get us into private schooling at minimal cost as Catholic schools are the cheaper option as far as private schools go here, and in the late 80's - early 90's public schools were not of good quality (fortunately that has changed now).

My extended family (particularly my Mum's side) is very close, we are the type of family that is always in everyone else's business, I don't go a day without talking to a family member, be it in person or on the phone. This is something that took Matt some time to get used to, he also has a close family (he is Italian) but they are not as into each other's business as we are.
We are also unbearably loud when we are all together. I don't know how we manage it, but none of us talk at talking level, so put us all in one room and it is very loud... and this is coming from someone with partial deafness, and even with that I can acknowledge that we are too loud.

For my life at the moment, it's just busying myself until baby gets here. I finish work in 3 weeks (until March at least) and I kind of hope that she comes slightly early, because I don't know what I will do with myself at home for a month, I need constant mental stimulation otherwise I get very down and anxious, and of course, adjusting to having a child in the house. Honestly it doesn't seem 100% real yet, after all the IVF and everything it seemed like a "this won't happen" kind of thing, so it's pretty hard to picture it actually being real. At the moment I feel like the hardest bit will probably be adjusting myself and my attitudes, I am a fiercely independent person, and generally quite... not hard, but I am a straight shooter and I can't sugar coat anything... blunt maybe. Probably not the most stereotypically maternal person, so that will be interesting.
May 14th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loving the reading so far. What a fascinating life, Kira!

May 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I have always always wanted to visit Australia since I was in 3rd grade. It just fascinates me! Im loving your intro so far, cant wait to read more!

Friday questions,

Have you ever seen a Tasmanian devil?

how long is your maternity leave? (did I read that right youre off till march?!)

will you be teaching your child like your mom taught you?

May 15th, 2013, 05:18 AM
TUESDAY PATHWAYS - Your path and beliefs - copy & paste the questionnaire and answer as many of the questions as you're comfortable with and are relevant to you. Feel free to delete any which are not.

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?
I grew up with a mixture. The strongest one there was probably Roman Catholic though, as I attended 14 years of Catholic school, so it wasn't anything enforced at home, but it was something I was exposed to daily.
It taught me that I wasn't hugely comfortable with organised religion. I have very fearful memories of religion in primary school, I had many teachers who liked to put the 'fear of God' into us and I really think that is a negative thing, to teach a child that their entire existence and being is for this one entity, but then teach them to fear that entity isn't right to me. Fortunately the school was attached to a church, with a priest who really was a wonderful man. Father Rom Murphy. You don't meet many men named Romulus, haha, but my goodness it suited him. He was great, I was always taught to question the spiritual and religious things I was told, and he was so approachable, and he answered with such consideration and he wasn't pushy religious, so I found talking with him quite comforting, it negated a lot of the things teachers told me that made me feel unsafe. I don't think the teachers liked me 'bothering' him, but he always told them that it was okay, and he liked our chats. When I graduated grade 6 he approached me and told me that he would be very disappointed if I ever stopped questioning the things I was told, and that he admired that I had the guts to do that. That was something that stuck with me.
High school was a bit different, I went to a quite open-minded high school and the teachers were pretty vague, also we learned more about world religions, rather than doing things like bible studies. That was good because it took away a bit of that bitterness I had towards the Catholic church.

Anyway, that was a whole lot of rambling/reminiscing. But the end result is that I don't ever want to place myself in the position where I identify as a member of an organised religion, I much prefer the idea of eclectic spirituality, I believe spirituality is fluid and always changing.

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?
Not really different, my parents always encouraged experimentation with spirituality.
At the moment I feel my spirituality is stagnant, I go through peaks and lulls and at the moment I am in a lull. That's okay with me, it's just my pattern.

What do you most enjoy about your current path?
The peace. At the moment I am getting a lot out of appreciating nature, for the past few years I have had a strong faith in the idea of Mother Gaia and an earth-based deity, and I am enjoying the peace and earthy-ness of that.

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don�t agree with?
In the end, I was baptised and confirmed Roman Catholic, even if my parents only did it for the education point, plus my husband comes from a very religious Catholic family, so that will always be a part of our lives.
I disagree with a lot.
I disagree with the spending of church funds (part of the reason why I admired Father Rom, he did so much charity work, the church was so bland and simple because he would use church funds to purchase food for struggling families in the area, and he would drive locals to doctors appointments when they couldn't afford a taxi)
I disagree with the stance on gay marriage (and find it ridiculously hypocritical that the Catholic church keeps spouting Leveticus when the whole point of the New Testament is that Jesus came along and told everyone to quit acting in the ways of the Old Testament, yet we hold onto that... why?)
I disagree with any religious involvement in health care, whether that be the Pope telling people that condoms cause AIDS, or having an opinion on abortion for everyone, including those who are not of the Catholic faith.
I strongly disagree with, and am disgusted by the lack of seriousness that the child abuse problems have been dealt with within the church

I could go on forever, but for me it's a sticking point more so because of my in-laws, they are so hyper-religious that they cannot see outside of that, and I struggle with the idea that part of that is somehow with me, because of my 'religious history'.

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?
I get a lot of comfort from my goddess cards. I consult them regularly.
It may sound odd (and slightly stereotypical given my career) but reading. I read a lot about different types of spirituality and faith because I am genuinely interested.

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?
Integrity, knowledge and responsibility. Not quite spiritual, but they are the three things that I consider most important in a person.

Do you believe in:

Angels: Yes, I believe that souls are re-incarnated for centuries, so the soul can see as many view points as possible, and become as learned and empathetic as possible, and that angels are the souls that have reached the end of that journey.

Devil: No, a story made up to scare people into following religious rules, like the idea that Santa will bring you a lump of coal if you misbehave.

Heaven: The idea, yes, where the angels live after their journey.

Hell: No, same reason as the devil.

God/Source: At the moment my faith lies in an earth-based deity. I believe that our 'god' is the earth.

Saints/Ascended Masters: Sort of, same thing as angels, however I do not believe in an earthly personality becoming an ascended master.

Past lives/Reincarnation: Yes, absolutely.

Prayer: If it brings you comfort, yes, absolutely. If you do it out of fear of punishment, no.

Magick: Yes and no. It's situational. I believe that magick can make changes in you mentally and emotionally, and that can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you think about it. I do not believe that it reaches more than mental though and can effect the physical world.

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction: I believe that the cosmos does have some effect on us (otherwise why else would all library customers go crazy on the full moon? I am serious) and one can make arguments referencing the tides and gravitational pulls and what that has on the physical earth, so yes, I do believe that there is some effect.
May 16th, 2013, 02:37 AM
PICTURE WEDNESDAY - You can share ten pictures of your choice, of your family, home, crafts, etc; photography you have created; or picture quotes, cartoons and other pictures from the internet which represent you in some way (if you have Facebook you probably already have a ton!).

Okay, here we go.

This is me:

And this was me when I was little:

Matt and me on our wedding day:

Everyone so far has posted lovely photos of their kids, but this is really all we have of that at the moment:

We also have a fur-kid:

I was going through my photo folder on my laptop and found this one, thought it was very relevant. When my Mum's side of the family get together it always, always results in us all sitting around the table doing card readings, which I think is pretty cool: (also, I would like to point out that this is at my house, and that my teacups have little birds perched on the handles and I love them.)

One of my most loved possessions, my Grandfather was an amazing artist, and this is a painting of his that we have:

I often talk about missing my old house, but I really do. This was the path that led down to our house from the road, I really miss coming home and walking down here, I found it really calming. Our new house is much more 'conventional' and isn't as quirky:

Our new house does have a gorgeous cherry blossom in the front yard though, so for two weeks a year it is stunning:

That's about it for photos.

Last edited by Kiam; May 16th, 2013 at 02:43 AM.
May 16th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I love reading your posts and seeing you and your life so far. And, your baby is gorgeous already!!!!!!!!!

May 16th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Wonderful!!!
Love the wedding pic you shared...thats just beautiful.

My Friday Questions:

1. Favorite meal or dessert to make?
2. If you could name a star, what would you call it?
3. Chapstick or lipstick?
4. Do you like to dance around when music is playing?
5. Whats one word you'd use to describe yourself currently?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 17th, 2013, 04:50 AM
THURSDAY SHOWCASE -
EITHER showcase your spiritual or creative skills or knowledge. Share a poem, story, piece of artwork, photography or craft you have created. You could share a channelling, piece of automatic writing, or pull oracle or tarot cards, runes or similar for a few members who've asked you questions. You could write a short piece on something spiritual or paranormal to share your knowledge.

I play the cello, I was fortunate enough to go to a very music-cenric high school where I was able to do things like play in a 100 piece orchestra, along with a variety of ensembles. However, ever since I have to admit that I really haven't kept up with it so much, and my cello (Anchika... yes I am one of those people who name their instruments and call them by name) rolled onto her front while we were moving house and the bridge snapped, and I am yet to have it replaced so unfortunately there has been no playing recently.

But this is Annie (prior to the broken bridge):

I really miss it though, so I have to get her repaired.

I used to do a fair bit of drawing, but that has fizzled out recently, well sort of, I am 'working on' (half-***** working on) a picture book, and I am stuck in a rut with the illustrations, and to be honest I am not 100% on the wording, I think it could be better.
May 17th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Do you have or have you ever had a spiritual vision of yourself?

I'll explain that a bit, when I first found my path and began meditating, I had this vision of myself, sitting in lotus position, bathed in golden and white light with purple lotus flowers floating out of my chakras. I could not explain it then and can't now, but it's my spiritual vision.

What is your wildest dream (even if you feel embarrassed by it)?

What is the best part of your day?

What is your very favorite indulgence in life?

Your favorite meal?

If you could have your dream vacation, what would that look like to you?

Favorite book?

And your favorite color?

When do you feel that you are at your best? for some it's in social situations, or under pressure, or.....

If you coud have chosen your gift in this life, what would it have been? What would that look like to you.. how would you have used it?

Have you ever seen your own aura?

What is it about a person which most attracts you..not romantically speaking?

What most repels you in others?

What is the one trait in yourself you'd most like to set aside? What trait would you most like to cultivate?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

May 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I will add some questions soon!

May 18th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Have you ever seen a Tasmanian devil?
At the zoo, yes. They're very cute. But they are endangered and now only exist in the wild in Tasmania, and I live in Victoria, so I don't see them in the wild.

how long is your maternity leave? (did I read that right youre off till march?!)
Yes you did, I finish May 30th and go back March 3rd.
Legally my employer has to secure my position for one year, but as I am employed by the government I get the perk of having my position held for two years. My work offers 13 weeks paid parental leave, and I am opting to take it over 26 weeks at half-pay, which comes up to the end of November ad using part of an inheritance that we received early on this year to keep us going until March. We can't really afford to not have my pay for any longer than that though.

will you be teaching your child like your mom taught you?
Probably. I see no reason not to introduce the ideas of many religions and faiths.
May 18th, 2013, 02:43 AM
1. Favorite meal or dessert to make?
Meal, I enjoy making home-made pasta. I have a pasta roller and I enjoy using it.
Desserts, I make a pretty decent apple pie if I dare say so myself. I also have an ice cream churner and I love making my own ice cream (especially as I am lactose intolerant, I can make ice cream that I can actually eat, store bought lactose free/soy/coconut ice cream is so expensive and only really comes in your general stock standard flavours) but I love mixing flavours together and coming up with new ice creams. So far dark chocolate and coffee made with coconut cream has been my biggest success.

2. If you could name a star, what would you call it?
I have to be honest, I can be a real child sometimes, and I would probably want to give it a silly name, nothing I can come up with off the top of my head, but something like naming a star I could never do seriously.

3. Chapstick or lipstick?
Neither really. Chapstick dries up my lips (which I guess is the point, to make your lips dependant on it so the skin dries up to you use more and buy more) I own one lipstick, a burgundy one, but I rarely wear it. Actually, last time I wore lipstick I think was my wedding day, so nearly 18 months ago.

4. Do you like to dance around when music is playing?
Yes, and sing out of tune at the top of my lungs.

5. Whats one word you'd use to describe yourself currently?
Sleepy? I am pretty much always sleepy at the moment.
May 18th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Do you have or have you ever had a spiritual vision of yourself?

I'll explain that a bit, when I first found my path and began meditating, I had this vision of myself, sitting in lotus position, bathed in golden and white light with purple lotus flowers floating out of my chakras. I could not explain it then and can't now, but it's my spiritual vision.

That sounds really amazing. Unfortunately, I can't say that I have ever had a spiritual vision of myself.

What is your wildest dream (even if you feel embarrassed by it)?
To have a series of picture books published. It's something I am aiming towards, but I don't know if it will ever happen, and even if it does, I would love to be of 'fame' the way Mem Fox, Jackie French and Graeme Base are (all very popular Australian picture book authors) but just to have one (or more) picture books published would make me happy.

What is the best part of your day?
The end of the day after everything is done and I can just sit down.

What is your very favorite indulgence in life?
Eating things I am intolerant/allergic to? Temporarily of course, there is always much regret over that one.

Your favorite meal?
Tie between ricotta cannelloni, smoked salmon and avocado salad and a cold seafood buffet.

If you could have your dream vacation, what would that look like to you?
My husband and I want to travel through Italy (where his family is from) and Malta (where most of my family is from) for a few months, just eating our way through really, haha. It's our 'retirement plan'.

Favorite book?
Lattimore's translation of Homer's Iliad.

And your favorite color?
Green

When do you feel that you are at your best? for some it's in social situations, or under pressure, or.....
I always produce things of better quality when under pressure.

If you coud have chosen your gift in this life, what would it have been? What would that look like to you.. how would you have used it?
I don't know to be honest. I am happy with what I have, and I believe that you can have any 'gift' you choose if you work hard at it.

Have you ever seen your own aura?
Can't say I ever have.

What is it about a person which most attracts you..not romantically speaking?
Intelligence and a thirst for knowledge.

What most repels you in others?
Lack of accountability. The type of people where everything is always someone else's fault and they believe that they are sitting there helpless while all manner of havoc just happens around them. I cannot stand that.
(My personal 'favourite' was from a former friend of mine, who blamed her inability to pay off her credit card on her boss not giving her extra shifts because she always shows up late, she always showed up late because her boyfriend causes her to sleep in, and she can't set an alarm because her cat doesn't like it. It was a very mind-boggling conversation.)

What is the one trait in yourself you'd most like to set aside? What trait would you most like to cultivate?
I cannot keep my mouth shut, it gets me into much more trouble then it is worth. If I see something that I feel is completely wrong, I usually have to fight tooth and nail with myself to avoid ranting at the person. Look, sometimes it works out well, but often it just results in head-butting, especially because I am a pretty lax person, so if I feel the need to rant at someone, they usually have the same personality trait, it's just that they are on the other end of the scale (think abortion, marriage equality, welfare, immigration laws and so on style of arguments).

As for cultivating, probably a maternal trait. There is a little something in there, but I am generally a very dry, blunt person, I would like to soften up a bit. Not to the extent of say, my mother, who was the most child-centric person I have ever met, but at least take away some of the blunt-ness.
May 18th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I am totally intrigued by your energy. Truly. We should schedule a reading sometime. I would live to connect with you on that level.

May 18th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Sounds awesome Terri
May 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
eek! I loved loved loved reading about your life! I feel like I am the same way with bluntness. My df says I need to learn to be more motherly lol. I just like things a certain way. and I will teach you that way. and you will do it that way, or I will get upset. lol. I can be easy on them but it takes some arguments in my head with myself to get me to that point that says " relax lady! let it go, They arent hurting anyone, they are having fun". Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Tags
soul sister of the week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search