SSOTW this week 6/3 is Ashleigh (Shades of Grey)! Please all read and ask qs!

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 3 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By Mitra Shonu
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 2 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By fromGirltoMommy
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Soul Sister of the Week this week beginning June 3rd is Ashleigh (Shades of Grey)!

Ashleigh, here is the schedule for what you should post each day, but you can be flexible, and skip days, or post a few all on one day, whatever works for you.

This game works best if everyone asks the Soul Sister of the Week some questions for Friday! You ladies rock at this! You can ask the same questions for every lady and just copy and paste them, or think up questions when you've read a few of their posts. You can ask one question or ten! All entirely up to you.

Ashleigh, if there are any questions put to you that you don't feel comfortable with, obviously you need not answer, perhaps just say so on the thread or PM the member to let them know you weren't just ignoring them.

I will do a card draw and short angel message later in the week for the area of life you want guidance on. I know I already owe some of these. I haven't forgotten and will try to catch up today. Other members who also read or draw cards are welcome to do the same.

MONDAY INTRODUCTIONS - An introduction in your own words - whatever you want to say about your life story. You should also say what area of your life you'd currently like guidance on here.

TUESDAY PATHWAYS - Your path and beliefs - copy & paste the questionnaire and answer as many of the questions as you're comfortable with and are relevant to you. Feel free to delete any which are not.

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?

What do you most enjoy about your current path?

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don�t agree with?

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?

Do you believe in:

Angels

Devil

Heaven

Hell

God/Source

Saints/Ascended Masters

Past lives/Reincarnation

Prayer

Magick

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction

PICTURE WEDNESDAY - You can share ten pictures of your choice, of your family, home, crafts, etc; photography you have created; or picture quotes, cartoons and other pictures from the internet which represent you in some way (if you have Facebook you probably already have a ton!).

THURSDAY SHOWCASE -
EITHER showcase your spiritual or creative skills or knowledge. Share a poem, story, piece of artwork, photography or craft you have created. You could share a channelling, piece of automatic writing, or pull oracle or tarot cards, runes or similar for a few members who've asked you questions. You could write a short piece on something spiritual or paranormal to share your knowledge.

OR showcase your newest spiritual tools, crystals, books, whatever you have bought most recently to further your spiritual development - or your wish list using pictures from the internet!

QUESTION FRIDAY - Answer questions from the other members.

June 3rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Im gonna be gone til Sunday so here are my Friday questions...

1. What's the best gift you've ever received, aside from kids?
2. What's your favorite moment in the day?
3. What's your favorite meal/dessert to make?
4. What song or sound touches your soul?
5. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
June 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ah! Id typed out an intro and it deleted before I got it posted!!

Hey everyone! Im Ashleigh, sahm, married to John for 7 years this month. We have 2 sons-Greyson, 5, and Truett, nearly 6 months. Greyson is a never ending bouncy ball of energy and a little too smart for his own good! Truett is a sweet, cuddly, happy baby and adored by all =) I grew up LDS but a much more relaxed style in our home. I did graduate from early morning semenary though. Right now, we are packed in our small house after having the baby and my sister living with us while waiting for a visa to return to England where her husband is. Its great to have her here, and I appreciate the extra set of hands, but we are bursting at the seams in this house! We are starting to look for something bigger and that may mean living in a different city. I have mixed feelings on that-I love the city, the close proximity to everything I want, but it would also be nice to live in a better place for kids and be closer to family. We'd love to buy, but that may not be realistic just yet. Lets see, what else... I started learning tarot over a decade ago, oracles over the couple years. I love crystals and have many around my house. Ive been really drawn to angels and Archangels over the last couple years.

Pathways...

What faith, religion or path did you grow up with? What faith, religion or path do you identify with now? Or are you still seeking?
I grew up LDS-lite, I was baptized at 14 rather than 8 so it was my choice rather than just what you do at 8. I dont care to affiliate specifically with a religon. I feel I learned what I needed to from organized religon and have started to develop my own more personal connection with God, the universe, and the Divine.

If different, what led you to your new path? If still seeking, what are you currently exploring?
Not being afraid to not conform, following my curiosity, being open to hearing other peoples ideas and perspectives... I hold on to what touches me, and try to stay open minded.

What do you most enjoy about your current path?
Those moments of clarity where everything makes sense, past and present, and I feel content and happy. I sometimes feel like Im shown things to help understand some situations.

If you identify with a faith or religion at present, is there anything in it you don�t agree with?
LDS will always be a part of my faith as it was my foundation, but there is a lot I dont agree with. I dont like the exclusion, the judgement of sexuality, the male centered aspects...

What spiritual activities do you do the most often?
Pray and meditate, though usually only get a few minutes at a time.

What would you say your three core beliefs or values are?
Dont intentionally cause harm to others. Stand up for your convictions. Be good, kind, and generous with your love and time.

Do you believe in:

Angels
Yes

Devil
Heaven
Hell
Hm... I think these are our own making. We can create our own hell and heaven

God/Source
yes

Saints/Ascended Masters
yes

Past lives/Reincarnation
undecided

Prayer
yes

Magick
yes

Cosmic ordering/The Law of Attraction
somewhat
Mitra Shonu and Earthy.Mama like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
June 5th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a lovely way to start the morning here. Loved reading what you wrote, Ashley! xo
Shades of Grey likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 06:48 PM
YAY pictures!

This is us from Easter weekend

Super hero Greyson in the mountains

Smiley Truett

This is what my husband does during the summer. He pilots the modified bobsleds down the track where the 2002 winter Olympics were held.

I put this together today. They are all Daddy.

And the brothers, identical smiles

My sweet sister, Aubrey, and I

COFFEEEEE!!!! oh how I love coffee.

This is a picture of the one and only painting Ive done. I thought it came out well and have been too intimidated, and uninspired, to try again!

When I started reading tarot cards, I remember being told to look through my deck before reading them and see what card I was drawn to, and that it would come to represent something to me specifically. It was the star. It represents Hope and Faith. Ironic, Faith is my favorite word, as well as one of my middle names. Hope is one of my sisters middle names and would have been used if we had a girl. This isnt my deck, but my favorite Star card. She kinda reminds me of Virgo, too, which is my sun sign.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; June 5th, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
June 6th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
If you could be anything in the world, what would it be?
If you could change the world in any way, how would you?
What's your dream car?

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

June 6th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Sorry today is a tough day after Truetts appointment. Id love to do a few readings, but will have to wait until tomorrow.

June 6th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hugs. Hope tomorrow is better. Your pictures are beautiful.

June 6th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
Love your pictures and posts...♥

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

June 7th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sorry ladies. Truett had a swallow study done yesterday at the hospital and the results were not what I was hoping. He is having silent aspirations. When he drinks, a tiny bit sometimes goes into his airways rather than down the esophagus This explains the chest xray from the week before. Next month he is being put under to check for fluid behind his eardrums, getting tubes if needed, having a more thorough hearing test, blood work, check his thyroid, and now they will take a closer look at his airways too. Any positive thoughts or prayers for him in this would be greatly appreciated. Im a stressed out mommy trying not to worry about him.

1. What's the best gift you've ever received, aside from kids?
Hmmm...Thats hard! Maybe my ring from my husband

2. What's your favorite moment in the day?
Waking up, hopefully not too early, to Greysons cheerful bouncing saying 'Good morning mommy!'

3. What's your favorite meal/dessert to make?
Quiche! Its so easy and quick. Ive been doing it without crust lately just to make it a little easier

4. What song or sound touches your soul?
Lately Ive had Skyscraper by Demi Lovato in my head. I first heard it a year ago and cried through it.
Demi Lovato - Skyscraper - YouTube

5. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
Ah the eternal question... Ill ask Greyson as I dont eat them lol

If you could be anything in the world, what would it be?
A travel critic! Id love to stay in great hotels, eat awesome food, and get paid to do it!

If you could change the world in any way, how would you?
Oh there is so much to change... I think I would end hunger. So much strife involves controlling food to control the population. Even in America 1 in 5 children dont know where their next meal is coming from. That just breaks my heart.

What's your dream car?
I dont really have one... I like Aston Martins, old american sports cars, but the practical side of me just wants a reliable 4 door car with great gas milage! lol
Carwen*Angel likes this.

June 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the silent aspirations.. that must be so scary! HUGS and sending all good thoughts and love to you both! xo

Do you have or have you ever had a spiritual vision of yourself?

I'll explain that a bit, when I first found my path and began meditating, I had this vision of myself, sitting in lotus position, bathed in golden and white light with purple lotus flowers floating out of my chakras. I could not explain it then and can't now, but it's my spiritual vision.

What is your wildest dream (even if you feel embarrassed by it)?

What is the best part of your day?

What is your very favorite indulgence in life?

Your favorite meal?

If you could have your dream vacation, what would that look like to you?

Favorite book?

And your favorite color?

When do you feel that you are at your best? for some it's in social situations, or under pressure, or.....

If you coud have chosen your gift in this life, what would it have been? What would that look like to you.. how would you have used it?

Have you ever seen your own aura?

What is it about a person which most attracts you..not romantically speaking?

What most repels you in others?

What is the one trait in yourself you'd most like to set aside? What trait would you most like to cultivate?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

June 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Do you have or have you ever had a spiritual vision of yourself?

I'll explain that a bit, when I first found my path and began meditating, I had this vision of myself, sitting in lotus position, bathed in golden and white light with purple lotus flowers floating out of my chakras. I could not explain it then and can't now, but it's my spiritual vision.

No, Ive never seen myself. Ive only felt like an observer. Its felts like watching a movie preview, or seeing snapshots...

What is your wildest dream (even if you feel embarrassed by it)?
One of the only ones I can think of is one where I was in a war torn country, my cousin who is an ICE agent was there, we had to try to escape but he ditched me after he saw me smoke pot from across a town ? I ended up at a bbq with family when the helicopter airlifted me out, and my family just waved lol

What is the best part of your day?
Usually waking up to Greyson, he always wakes up in a great mood, once in a while its to Truetts coos telling me he is hungry. OR laying in bed cuddled up, the couple minutes before falling asleep, thinking about the day, feeling content.

What is your very favorite indulgence in life?
Tough one, Ill say fancy coffee drinks and tiramisu.

Your favorite meal?
Usually I would answer sushi with edemame and sake. But lately its thai curry-yellow, panang, or pineapple chicken!

If you could have your dream vacation, what would that look like to you?
I would want to go to Tahiti, stay in one of those bungalos out on the water. Have a canoe deliver mimosas and breakfast, take in the culture, the food. Lay on the white beaches, jet ski around the little islands, go to the smaller ones where it would be just the two of us standing there. Just relax. I feel more relaxed just typing that! Then Id want to go to New Zealand. A good friend moved there several years ago and I couldnt go halfway around the world and not see him. Then Id have a personal tour guide to all the must see places there

Favorite book?
I dont really have one. I read, but not consistantly. I either dont have the time, the attention span, or I fall asleep.

And your favorite color?
Cobalt blue, or sapphire blue, but they are not very consistant. The color of my ring. That and military green
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; June 7th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
June 7th, 2013, 10:24 AM
When do you feel that you are at your best? for some it's in social situations, or under pressure, or.....
I think Im at my best when Im able to help take care of people. I loved working in hospitality and was able develope relationships with return guests and do little special things for them. I was concierge and loved the social aspect of working there. When I start to feel shut in at home, I miss working there.

If you coud have chosen your gift in this life, what would it have been? What would that look like to you.. how would you have used it?
I will have to ponder this one for a bit!

Have you ever seen your own aura?
No, not really. This is an area Im very curious to learn about though. The closest Ive come is visualization exercises in hypnobirthing practice

What is it about a person which most attracts you..not romantically speaking?
Being genuine, humble, and honest! Honesty is the biggest thing for me. If you cant be honest, whats the point?

What most repels you in others?
Selfish, self centered choices and conceit

What is the one trait in yourself you'd most like to set aside? What trait would you most like to cultivate?
I would like to cultivate patience. Some days I just dont have enough. I would set aside my criticism, mostly self criticism. It only holds me back from being happy. I know it, and I still struggle with it.

June 8th, 2013, 05:23 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loved reading through your answers sweetie and seeing your pictures!! I'm sorry I missed your whole week but glad I got to catch up!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
June 9th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
*hugs* I hope you and Truett are having a better day.
He's such a doll...I wish for much success next month getting this all tended to.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
June 23rd, 2013, 06:30 AM
You have such a beautiful family Ashleigh...you included. you hon xxx

I didn't know you were raised LDS! I love this game, because no matter how well you think you know someone, it seems there is always something more to learn.

I know you've been really busy with your boys and have had internet struggles...do you still want a few more questions or would you prefer not?

June 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Thank you I'll always answer questions
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 2nd, 2013, 05:57 AM
What is the most precious thing to you about Truett?

About Greyson?

If they'd both been girls what would their names have been?

What spirituality / faith will you raise them in?

What's your favourite creative thing to do?

July 6th, 2013, 10:20 AM
What is the most precious thing to you about Truett?
This tiny little boy is so happy and so sweet. Hes gone through a lot so quickly and has more on the horizon. Hes been smiley through it all. It makes me melt how he finds my face in the room and just smiles. In those moments I understand exactly why he joined our family.

About Greyson?
Greyson is a lot of things-so smart, so clever, very artistic, he can pick up music after hearing it once... He amazes me. He can be so sweet sometimes, especially if he sees me cry, the way he tries to comfort me. He just wants us all to be happy.

If they'd both been girls what would their names have been?
Alori Hope Jocelyn C. Alori is pronounced like Mallory and is for my mom Lori. Hope is one of my sisters middle names, Jocelyn is partly for my grandma, Joyce, and partly for my brother. After he had a tramatic brain injury at age 8, he and I watched A Knights Tale on repeats literally hundreds of times. Jocelyn is the princess in that movie. That would also make her initials AHJC. AH are my maiden initials, JC are my husbands. We have had our girl name chosen since I was pregnant with Greyson. We have never come up with another name, we have been set on that one for so long. If I KNEW Id have 2, Id go with Alori and Jocelyn. If I had to pick a whole new name, Id be screwed lol Eden, Faith, and Elizabeth are middle names I like, but it would be an uphill battle to find a first name.

What spirituality / faith will you raise them in?
This is tricky and has been weighing on me. I havent talked with Greyson much about any of it. My family is LDS and I appreciate many parts of that, but disagree pretty strongly with a lot of the social aspects of their practice, as well as many organized religions. I do appreciate what I learned growing up and having that as my foundation. I would like to expose them to many things as they become interested. I would like them to know what my family believes. But I want them to come to their own conclusions and ideas. I hope we have an open dialog on this as they grow up. I will always talk with them, tell them my beliefs and thoughts. But I will stress that everyones opinion deserves respect, even if you disagree. Tolerance and acceptance are high priorities.

What's your favourite creative thing to do?
Cook. Its become my creative outlet. Even though for a while, its limited to whatever I through together for dinner. But give me a random pantry and Ill come up with something yummy! Its like Chopped or cooking challenge for me

Tags
soul sister of the week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search