Sun deities

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Originally posted by me in summer 2010. Some info on sun deities from a variety of traditions...have you ever worked with any of them? Would you like to? Do any of these interest you enough to find out more? Do you have any info to add or any extra sun deities to add?

IS it sunny right now where you are? How's your weather? What do you do to make the most of sunny weather?

As most of us are having beautiful weather at the moment, it's a great time of year to work with sun deities to harness their particular energies - whether you believe that the deities are akin to ascended masters or whether you believe they are more of an archetype.

There was some info in one of my spiritual magazines this month so I thought I'd do a quick reference thing for you guys in case you wanted to try working with a sun deity at this most potent time of year.

Amaterasu is a Japanese sun goddess who radiates warmth and hope and can be called upon when you have a problem or dilemma to help you reach a solution.

Sekhmet is an Egyptian sun goddess with the head of a lion and can be called upon when you need courage, confidence or to be assertive.

Apollo is a Greek sun god often pictured with a bow and arrow. You can call on Apollo for help towards a specific goal or target. You can use the bow and arrow as a visualisation, seeing the arrow hit a picture of your goal.

Sol is a Norse sun goddess who rides in a solar chariot. She can be called upon for good fortune, which is even more potent if you do so in a bath infused with lemon or lemongrass essential oil on a Sunday.

Ra (or Re) is an Egyptian sun god who travels across the sky on a boat. You can call on Ra for strength and resilience.

Tonatiuh is an Aztec sun god pictured with a crown of eagle feathers. According to legend he gave power to warriors and can be called upon for the strength to overcome obstacles.

June 29th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So interesting! But, no. I don't work with deities.

June 29th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Never worked with them, never had a desire to.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
June 29th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
None of those have ever had an impact on me. I do work with the sun a lot though, just not in conjunction with a male deity

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

June 29th, 2013, 10:24 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I have never worked with any of those deities.

My weather is hot for me. The high today is supposed to be 102 degrees. I stay inside with the AC during the hot times.

June 29th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
We had a lot of lovely weather, then a lot of rain. Today it's grey but dry, which suits me - I just like it dry as it's easier to get out and about.

The only one of the above that has ever appealed to me is Ra. But I have never actively worked with Ra.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search