Positive Thought vs Negative Thought

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Mountain~Mama
  • 2 Post By TreeTog
  • 1 Post By BriarRose
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What are your top tips for positive thinking in the face of negative or fearful thoughts you can't help?

A friend asked me for some advice today around this area and I didn't have all that many answers other than thinking about happy memories or saying/thinking/writing affirmations. I just wondered if any of you could add anything.

July 1st, 2013, 11:36 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I acknowledge the negative thought. I sit with it for just a moment. And, then I very consciously let it go and begin to focus on the positive.. I remind myself that my life is moving in perfection at every moment and even in this challenging situation, there is a lesson or gift. I do some breathing exercises and then some affirmations. xo
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 1st, 2013, 03:21 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I kinda have a dualness to myself that I tap into. You probably have heard me talk this way too lol....

I acknowledge the negative, realizing it's normal and ok to feel it.
But then I open up my core and realize at the end of it all I'm ok and it's all gonna work out. My core sustains the positive for me even while my "surface" self feels the negative.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
July 1st, 2013, 03:29 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
One visualization I've tried using is instead of pushing the negative thoughts deeper in my brain to light them on fire in my head and let the smoke carry them away. I don't want them stuck in my head I want them to dissipate into the air.

It's hard for me, the negative seems to want to hover and haunt me but I'm trying to fight them off and not let fear destroy me.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
July 1st, 2013, 04:12 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
You have to have negative to have positive. You also have to remember your inner strength.

You have to accept the negative and own it. Then you can cleanse it out of your life. It will take action and motivation to move past negativity.

Leslie

July 2nd, 2013, 05:41 AM
BriarRose's Avatar Steampunk Goddess
I acknowledge the thought, then I try to turn around the negative thought. I work it through my mind slowly until I can turn the thought to a better feeling place. It may not be positive but it is not as harsh as it was.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
July 2nd, 2013, 06:35 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Such wise words there and what a collection of ideas to pass on. Thank you so much ladies.
Sacred Silence likes this.

July 2nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Like the others, acknowledge, release it and then affirmations of "I know this will pass", "Everything is ok".... tell myself what I'm grateful for. I'll also tell myself a positive thought or two for each negative thought. I really follow my intuition on this.

A visualization I do is grasp the "feeling" (in my gut) and thought "from my head) and visualize pushing it into the ground to ground it out and get rid of it, then I smile and think of something nice

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search