Pujas

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By steampunkgoddess
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By -LovingLife-
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This post comes on the heels of Sharron's question about how we feel about our bodies. I am reading The Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz which is based on Toltec wisdom and in this book he addresses how we feel toward our bodies and suggests Pujas as a daily practice to help us see ourselves differently.

He says that beauty is just a concept. And, if we can change our concept of beauty, we can change our lives! Change our relationships with our bodies.

So a puja is typically practiced in India and is an offering of love. So, as we shower, as we bathe, he suggests that we offer our body love, respect, affection.. and that we do this daily. And, then as we eat, we love our bodies and know the food is an offering of love. And, as we practice this, we learn to love our bodies, ourselves. He also goes on to say that when we love our bodies, we are full of love for ourselves and that we are emotionally and spiritually filled and will find cravings for love outside ourselves will fade. That we will never be lonely or feel a lack of love. It is, in short, a balm for the void many of us feel.

I did a puja this morning! I'm so excited to incorporate this into my practice!

July 2nd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
How lovely is that. I really didn't sleep well last night (more in the Michaela being a terrible sleeper saga that I won't bore you all with) and I've been thinking all morning about having a hot bath. I think I will, and do puja as well.

When I read your thread title I thought about puja trays, you know Hindu offering trays with lots of little symbolic bits on. I thought that's what you meant lol. But seriously...you could do that as part of this practice as well.

July 2nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
Yes, that is where this comes from. They present flowers and oils and bits of good to a statue who represents God. And, in this adaptation of the puja, we offer up and FEED our bodies love! It really resonated with me!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 2nd, 2013, 06:53 AM
It's a lovely thought - and so simple!

July 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
steampunkgoddess's Avatar TTC #1!
Ooh I like this. I have a lot of issues with body image. I will have to give this a whirl. Thank you!
Sacred Silence likes this.

July 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
It's funny you brought it up because I've been considering adding a puja to my practice. I love the one you described!

Thinking both would be awesome for me.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
July 2nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
I think I may need the physical offering puja as well.

I did try this in the bath but my mind wandered so much. It's because the time wasn't really "mine" as I knew I would be calling the kids up for their bath and it was limited. The only time that is really "mine" is every other evening and I find I'm so tired I just collapse into bed with a book, my laptop or the TV.

I think coupling it with something physical and visible might help. I did feel a sense of peace briefly but to achieve it I had to visualise. I visualised love as a hot pink heart-shaped emanation from my heart centre out through my body and into my aura, over and over again, and called in Archangel Chamuel for help.

July 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
I didn't have a lot of time in my shower this morning. I rarely do. So, as I washed, I envisioned the lather as love. Then the water as love. Quick, easy. Repetition feels like the key here.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

July 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
I will definitely repeat it, and let you know if the benefits become stronger.

July 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
I love this idea! I especially resonate with having a loving energy toward anything that I eat or drink.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

July 2nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I had no idea there was a name for this! I do this a lot when I'm eating really good, it makes me happy to eat well and I tell myself and my body "this food nourishes me" etc... And when I'm feeling down about my body, I remind myself how awesome the female body is and that I birthed two babies and that I AM beautiful.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search