Summer of Love Secret Soul Sister Exchange - SIGN-UPS & INFO!

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By TreeTog
  • 1 Post By fromGirltoMommy
  • 1 Post By MidnightMaiden
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
This is the sign-up thread for our Summer of Love Secret Soul Sister exchange.

This is a chance to send a gift to one of the wonderful ladies here to show them how special you think they are. The guideline is always that it should be a pampering gift or a gift that can be used in their spiritual development.

Past gifts have included books, oracle cards, crystals, readings, pamper/bath products, incense and spiritual ornaments. They can be hand-made provided the value still matches the budget, or shop-bought. They can be wrapped and packaged and sent by you personally or sent direct from a website.

Rules

• You must have posted on the Spiritual Living board in the last 3 months and have at least 100 posts on Spiritual Living to participate.
  • The budget for gifts is $10 / 10. You must buy a gift that does not undercut this budget by more than $2 / 2 as this is unfair to the recipient. The budget does not include shipping costs.
  • You may exceed the budget if you wish as long as you understand that your sender may not.
  • The deadline to send gifts is 20th August 2013.
  • Proof of postage such as a scanned or good quality digital camera image of a postal receipt, or an dispatch confirmation email forwarded from a website, will be required in the event that a gift does not reach its destination. Please therefore retain your proof of postage until you are told it has arrived safely.
  • If you sign up and then do not send a gift you will not be able to participate in future exchanges on this board.

Further postage info & recommendations

Please be aware that you may be required to ship international when signing up as we have an eclectic mix of members. I will work it so as many people are sending non-international as possible.

I do not recommend you use a tracking service if shipping items yourself. These are prohibitively expensive.

Please check the customs laws in your country before buying your gift if you are sending international - food and certain bath products may be prohibited.

Also if you are sending international, think about the dimensions of your gift as well as the weight - generally speaking the lighter and flatter the gift, the less money it will cost to send.

Another way of saving money is to purchase from a website based in your soul sister's country and ask them to ship direct. I have found that most sellers on Etsy and Ebay will do this for you with pleasure. Some will even include a card or note.

How to sign up

Please fill in the questionnaire below and PM it to me.
Please do NOT copy & paste it in this thread as I do not want people's home addresses out here on a public forum.

Full name for postage:

Full postal address including country:

Allergies to be taken into account with bath/pamper products:

Hints as to what you might like:

Definite dislikes or no-nos:

I need questionnaires to reach me no later than Friday 12th July - you have ten days.

What happens next!

As early as possible in the week beginning Monday 15th July I will PM everyone their soul sister's details.

It doesn't matter if your identity is revealed on the packaging etc but it would be nice to keep it a secret until the gift arrives. If it's not going to be revealed you may wish to include a card or keep it a secret but include clues in the package.

I will sticky a Secret Soul Sister thread at this time. When you receive your gift please check in asap in that thread to say so. When you have time, please then post to say what you received, share pictures if you can, and say thank you (and guess who your SSS is if this is not revealed)!

In the event that someone's present does not arrive for any reason I will be looking for volunteers to put a little kitty together to ensure they receive something. As it has happened to me in two exchanges on JM before I know how horrible it is if you don't receive something and I do not allow this to happen in any exchange that I run.

If you're not able to help if this comes up, it doesn't mean you can't participate and just send to your own soul sister, so don't worry, but it would be nice to think that those who are financially able wouldn't leave it all down to me. Hopefully the post won't let us down and this won't be needed.

About the requirements

It's essential to have some posting requirements for an exchange of this nature as addresses are being shared which requires a level of mutual trust. I have kept them fairly lenient as the board has been slow for a while as Ashleigh and I have been pretty MIA for reasons beyond our control.

If you do not meet the requirements this time, as long as you become active on the board you probably will next time.

If you're not sure whether you meet the requirements or not, post in this thread and I will check for you.

POST ANY QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD.

fromGirltoMommy likes this.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; July 2nd, 2013 at 07:35 AM.
July 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
bump

July 3rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Have only had one so far, is anyone else playing and just leaving the questionnaire until they have a little more time - quick yes/no would be helpful?

July 3rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I just saw this post. I am sending a message now.

Leslie
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
I will keep trying to bump it. I don't like putting things like this in the stickies because for the most part people don't "see" the stickies.

July 4th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Another bump!

July 4th, 2013, 05:44 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just saw this, thank you for putting this together for us sweetie. If I get a chance later today I will send you a pm
Carwen*Angel likes this.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
July 4th, 2013, 08:35 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Just saw it

Will be PM'ing you
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

July 5th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Thanx ladies!

July 5th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Keeping this bumped so people don't miss it!

July 5th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pming today!
xo
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 5th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Thx you!

July 6th, 2013, 01:47 AM
bump! Tasha and Nikki, if you still want to be in this, I didn't get a PM yet x

July 6th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
pming you shortly!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 7th, 2013, 04:37 AM
OK sweet!

July 7th, 2013, 11:05 AM
bumping!

Tags
summer of love 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: