Summer QQOTD 7/3

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 2 Post By steampunk
  • 1 Post By -LovingLife-
  • 1 Post By Kiam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel

To what extent do you think this is true...how much do we create our own reality and how much does life just happen to us, in your opinion?

July 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our experience and world is LARGELY influenced through the lenses we use to view it.
What we look for, we find. Do I think things happen that we do not expect, absolutely! How we deal with them, how they turn out.. well, that's where our perspective comes into play. I will illustrate with a bad example.

Two people have exactly the same thing happen. Each woman breaks the heel of her shoe. To one woman, it's TERRIBLE! OH MY GOD, my SHOE broke.. this day stinks! I can't believe this happened to me!!!! To the other, it's like okay.. my shoe broke. I'll run to the store and get a new pair before heading to my meeting. I can easily repair this situation. Same occurrence, different perspective = different experience. xo
Carwen*Angel and Kiam like this.

July 3rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
steampunk's Avatar TTC #1!
I completely agree that we make our own reality. I have my whole life as proof. Last summer we wanted to go down to Texas but were a bit short of money due to trying to pay off DH's student loan. But I went with the attitude of money will flow and I would rather have fun then worry. We got down to Texas as his 90 year old grandmother had decided to distribute her legacy now, and gave us a check for $13K! Needless to say we paid for the trip, paid the student loan off, paid off our cc debt and put a chunk towards our car loan.
July 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I believe the same. Thought creates reality, so think positive. A lot of our happiness depends to some extent on the "spin" we put on things.

July 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
I also believe that our thoughts create our world around us/experiences. I do not think anyone can impose their reality on mine, if it seems that way it's because I opted into co-creating that reality with that individual.

Another quote on the same thread of thought here: "Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right." -Henry Ford
Sacred Silence likes this.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

July 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I have to agree too. Thoughts make reality.

For some reason I'm picturing the game "telephone" in my head.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
July 3rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's the game telephone? I haven't hard of that one.

I agree with what has already been said. We make so many decisions, either intentionally or unintentionally through our actions that we effect most of what goes on around us.

I think of my Dad as a good example, my Dad is a very argumentative person, he likes to bicker and he will pick at you until you start arguing with him over the most ridiculous things (one I remember from when I was a teenager was the existence of avocado sushi rolls, he argued with me for hours saying that these did not exist, so that level of ridiculous things, it's referenced a fair bit between my Mum, brother and I now, whenever he is doing something unreasonable and it is upsetting one of us we just smile and say "Don't worry, we'll go out and have some avocado sushi").
Anyway, I used to bite back and as a result our entire relationship was arguing over silly things, eventually I was just tired of it and I decided not to respond to him, so, of course, one cannot argue with themselves.
I eventually realised that if I wanted the situation to change, I could only control me, no I wasn't the one doing anything wrong, but I can still change my reaction. We haven't had a fight in about 5 years, I stopped responding, so he stopped trying because he knew that it was pointless.
stucklikeglue likes this.

July 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
I think we choose our own paths.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

July 4th, 2013, 08:12 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
I pretty much agree with what all of you ladies have said

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy