The importance of a daily practice

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I know Terri would say it was really important.

I have noticed of late that when I skip the prayer/devotions I do and/or skip using aura sprays my day really doesn't go all that well.

I am also persevering with the pujas Terri recommended each time I take a bath, and am noticing a cumulative effect.

So at the moment I do prayers, devotions; use aura sprays; and get outside for fresh air and exercise at least once a day, as well as doing pujas regularly. I would really like to add a brief meditation to this, but I find it really hard to set aside time for that without my head still racing about everything else that needs to be done.

As I take a walk at least once a day I wondered whether a walking meditation would be better, though I do tend to "use" that time saying some affirmations in my head anyway.

What is your daily practice? Do you think it needs to be added to? Do you think it's important to be strict with yourself and do it daily?

Sacred Silence likes this.

July 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Walking meditation is perfect for you, Sharron. <3

Daily practice is imperative for me. Though it's not always the same each day. My life, just like everyone's, gets in the way.

My ideal daily practice is:

In the shower, do a puja. And, imagine the water washing all the negativity in my energy away.
Meditate directly after.. bubbling for the day included.
On my drive to work, look at the world around me mindfully.
At work, take small breaks to walk outside and be in touch with nature.
In the evening, to journal and meditate. Fall asleep with my intentions.

However, sometimes, the meditation does not happen in the morning.. like this morning when Emerson is awake and needs my attention. I'll just meditate this evening for a bit longer. I was mindful on my drive to work this morning. I am right now doing some affirmations in my mind. It's all just choosing to be mindful of the Divine during the day somehow, each day.. however you can! Touching the space where we are connected to Spirit/Divine/God/Universe (whatever you like to call it) is something that is best when we do it every day!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Last edited by Sacred Silence; July 5th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
July 5th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Oh yes, falling asleep with intentions in mind is one of my FAVORITE things to do!!! I have beautiful dreams and often wake up saying a completely different (and often new) affirmation ♥
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

July 5th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I should totally do that too.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

July 5th, 2013, 07:54 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I forget to practice daily and I forget to say Thank You! I haven't done major magickal work since before my eldest son was born. I just lost touch and took a break. I am starting anew as a family. We did a family ritual for litha and the boys loved it.

Leslie

July 5th, 2013, 09:36 AM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am often forgetful to much stuff. I do however pray at night before I fall asleep

July 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
In the morning I write 10 things I feel gratitude for. During the day I do some other exercise involving gratitude or love (using a book that came to me with 28 days of very helpful exercises), then at the end of the day I hold my Magic Rock, think about the best thing that happened to me that day and give thanks.

I got off doing my exercises and felt like I was drifting back so I am determined to make sure I do my daily practices.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search