I Have A Hard Time...

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
When the Jehovah's or whoever they are constantly come to my house.

I mean. Don't get me wrong. I'm polite and nice. I smile and listen. But I just have such a hard time with it. We watched "The Host" last night, which is a movie about aliens. And of course they went off with it. Don't get me wrong, I admire what they're doing and the courage to walk door to door but jeepers.

I've even stood in front of them wearing my pentacle. But I'm polite. It's just getting to the point where I don't want them to stop by They ever preach to my kids though and I'm not sure I'll bite my tongue.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

July 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
you could put out a sign that says no solicitors. I used to get them a lot too and I feel the same way, they need not talk to my kids other then a passing hello.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

July 14th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do not allow them in my home. I keep them at the door. Tell them I have my own faith and thank you but
No thank you.

July 14th, 2013, 04:59 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Ditto to Terri. I keep them at the door and I have gotten to the point, just because we have so many of them knock, that I tell them I am a Pagan. Usually they ask what a Pagan is and I explain I believe in the Divine but not a God per say.They usually are gracious enough to move on at that point.

I'm waiting for them to come calling again because Mackenzie's birth was in the local newspapers...
July 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
See, I'm not normally out when they come knocking. Kane is normally outside and he talks to them. Don't get me wrong, the one lady is super nice and friendly. I just cringe when she opens the bible to quote me something. Especially when it involves parenting.
If I'm really not in the mood I just stay inside and let Kane talk to them.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

July 14th, 2013, 07:01 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
We used to have several solicitors come to our door for several sects. We firmly state that we are not interested and to please not return to our home. We do not let them try to talk to us or hand us anything or to even look inside our home. If they try and ask what our beliefs are we state that it is none of their business and that we are going back inside and they are to leave immediately. I am all for people having whatever belief they wish, but when they start to try and change my beliefs it is time for them to go.
July 14th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I struggle with them because I feel that it is morally corrupt to welcome yourself to someone else's property with the intention of religious/spiritual conversion. I'm always polite, they are not to come into my home, I keep the security door closed and speak to them through that but it is not a practice that makes me feel okay.

What really bothers me though is that I often ask them not to come back again, but given them a month and they are back.
Mountain~Mama likes this.

July 15th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
We have a sign on our door that says no hawkers, canvassers or solicitors - and they still knock. So do various charity volunteers.

I've reached the point where I don't answer the door, even if they can see me. I'm sick of stating that I have my own faith and beliefs, and politely asking people not to come to our door, and politely pointing to the sign, and politely telling charity volunteers that I donate to charity as and when I can. I am not listened to and they still continue to try to talk to me about my beliefs or guilt me into donating more money, so it is a waste of energy.

July 15th, 2013, 10:47 AM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
Honestly I don't ever answer my door unless it is someone I know. So if they come, I don't answer, and I get a little pamphlet stuck in my door that gets thrown in the trash lol.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

July 19th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
How often do they come round yours Tasha?

July 21st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
We haven't had any come by lately but did have some of their material left on our mailbox the other day.

I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to talk about their beliefs. What I don't like is their approach. When they've come to my house, they have 2 people come to the door and one stay in the car. They don't introduce themselves or state what church they are from. They lead by asking ME questions that are obviously quite personal. They come off as sneaky and manipulative. I have no respect for that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search