Reincarnation

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By Mitra Shonu
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By Kiam
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Picking up on Terri's soul contracts / agreements discussion and the interest expressed in reincarnation I thought we could start up a thread about it to share ideas, raise questions, share interesting links or recommend interesting books.

The theory of reincarnation is all about us living through a number of lifetimes on earth. Many who believe in it believe that our souls come back to experience every aspect of love, every lesson about love that the earth plane has to offer. Alongside this is the belief in soulmates or soul groups which hold that we incarnate with the same souls time and again but in different roles, which is why sometimes we instantly click or have a sense of recognition when we meet somebody. The phenomenon of deja vu is linked with reincarnation, wherein we feel a jolt of recognition when we visit a place we have never visited before, but may have done in another life.

Reincarnation is endorsed by a number of world religions, most prominently Buddhism and Hinduism; there was allegedly once reference to it in the Bible also which was later removed (at a time when some feel the church sought to control the common man using its knowledge as power).

Many people claim to have accessed their past / parallel / future lives through regression, meditation or dreams.

There are many stories from around the world of children remembering places and people and details - sometimes even languages - they should not have known at their tender age which seem to provide evidence of them having had a past life.

Some good books I have read on the subject include Past Lives, Future Healing by Sylvia Browne and Many Lives, Many Masters by Dr Brian Weiss.

Here are a few good links as a bit of preliminary reading and a "jumping off board" for exploration.

A starter for ten:
Reincarnation - Crystalinks

Scientific studies:
Scientific Proof of Reincarnation: Dr. Ian Stevenson

Comprehensive article with further reading links:
Reincarnation and Near-Death Experiences | Near-Death.com

Why don't we start off by saying what we think NOW, then do some reading and discussion, then in a month or so pick up and say what we think after learning more?

Do you believe in the possibility of reincarnation now?

What do you know about reincarnation now?

Do you believe you have knowledge of other lives your soul has lived now and how have you acquired that knowledge?

Do you have any links to share or books to recommend?

Mitra Shonu and Kiam like this.

July 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Short answers, I have a headache lol

yes

stuff

Do you believe you have knowledge of other lives your soul has lived now and how have you acquired that knowledge?
yes, just know, or came to me in meditation

not really, just Robert Bruce's books
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

July 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
awww I hope your headache is better soon Jackie.

It was only meant to be short answers anyway. Just a "where I am right now on this" sorta thing.

July 29th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~

Yes

Not a whole lot

Yes, but I'm not sure how I "know"...I just do

No
Carwen*Angel likes this.

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

July 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes it is possible.

not much, going through lives to gain knowledge and experiences. I think there are a lot of interpretations on the idea.

no, not exactly. Ive always felt there were people I knew before this life, in one way or another.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 29th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I am a big believer in reincarnation

Bits and pieces

I think everyone has some aspects of it, but I believe it is more in personality, such as those who are more open-minded to different beliefs, cultures, mindsets, and so on, rather than anything glaringly obvious. I am always sceptical of someone who announces their knowledge of who they were in a past life, I don't believe that it works that way.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't read any other responses yet.. I can't wait to read them when I'm finished answering!

From what I understand of our souls, they are eternal. Energy is eternal. It can change forms but it is not created and it does not die. Soul contracts and reincarnation go hand in hand. We contract to come into a human life to learn specific lessons. Some lessons on love, some on materialism, some on darkness, some on discovering our true essence.. the lessons are wide and varied and would be very difficult to pack into one incarnation. So, we come back through the ages as children might progress through grades in school. Lessons tend to grow in scope and complexity as we advance. It's a very weird sort of dynamic actually. Perspective is much different on the other side and souls are in perfection there... but the value of experience is high as it creates a different type of awareness and a deeper understanding of balance of light and dark, pure love, intention and the Divine. That is my understanding.. as for knowledge of a past life.. yes, I think so. I have done some regression meditations with Brian Weiss material. It was interesting.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Last edited by Sacred Silence; July 30th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search