Summer Soul Search - 12

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 07:51 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Your Summer Life: When is the last time (if ever) you went fishing?

Your Life Experience: What technology do you think you will never adopt?

Your Spiritual Life: Why were you given your name?

July 31st, 2013, 08:56 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The last time I went fishing was..... five years ago. With my dad and sister and the kids. It was great!

I can't think of one that I have a big enough aversion to so as to proclaim never. LOL. I usually give in.

My name was for a family friend. Terri Lynn. She was cute and smart and funny... or do you mean our Board Name? Silence is Sacred in my life.

Last edited by Sacred Silence; July 31st, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
July 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last time we went fishing, Greyson was only a few months old, so 5 years ago.

3D stuff... It gives me a headache just thinking about it, I will not buy a 3D tv or see 3D movies... Thats about all I can think of though.

No reason in particular for Ashleigh. My middle names are Lorisa Faith. Lorisa is for my mom and her twin sister, Lori and Lisa. My mom chose virtue names for my sister and I, hers is Hope.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 31st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~

Hmmm...about 12 years ago?

My dh and I do not have texting service for our phones...I'm not going to say never though...I hope to one day.

Because my dad was an a**.....LOL...My parents had decided together to name me Carrie Lynn, and while my mom was recovering from the Saddle Block (?) after giving birth to me, my dad filled out the paperwork for the birth certificate and named me Melissa Ann...after one of his previous girlfriends...O.o....and no, they had NEVER discussed Melissa Ann as a possibility...it was never brought up...so when the nun brought me to my mom for the first time, she said to her, "Here is your daughter, Melissa Ann!", and my mom said "No, my daughter's name is Carrie Lynn." My mom was quite perturbed at my dad for some time after that!

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

July 31st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post

1. Last time I fished was when I was 21.
2. Most stuff that I won't be able to understand and put together my self.
3. Mom heard it on a Jimmy Stewart movie called The Rare Breed and loved it. Just changed the spelling of it. My middle name is after a friend's daughter...she liked the name lol. She hated dad's choice for my name.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
July 31st, 2013, 08:12 PM
BriarRose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometime in elementary school at a summer camp - hated it.

3D TVs and movies. It makes the movies less crisp and bright and is a waste of money.

I think it just came to them. They hadn't picked out a girl's name, just a boy's name.
July 31st, 2013, 11:42 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A while ago. My Dad has a boat and goes out fishing regularly though, so we always have a supply of fresh fish.

Like others, 3D. Reason being that my glasses correct depth perception, 3D glasses skew your depth perception, they don't work on me the way they are designed to, both over my glasses and without, my eyes can't see it the way it's designed to be seen.

My Mum watched The Dark Crystal the day before I was born and named me after one of the gelflings. Prior to that I was going to be either Alicia (name my Mum loved) or Desdemona (after my paternal grandfather who passed away shortly before I was born) but my Dad hated Alicia and my Mum hated Desdemona. So Jim Henson came to the rescue.

August 1st, 2013, 05:19 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Your Summer Life: When is the last time (if ever) you went fishing? July 17th. I love being out on the boat with my family, it's good for my soul.

Your Life Experience: What technology do you think you will never adopt? I have no idea.

Your Spiritual Life: Why were you given your name? I was named after Melanie in Gone with the Wind.
August 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
The last time I went fishing was last summer. I di d not go with the guys this last vacation because it was too windy (and too early!). Although I usually go with them, I don't actually like to fish - especially if they catch and release. ugh. hate it.

Ummmmm, im not sure. I like tech a lot soooo id realy have to think harder on this one.

My Mamaw, named most of her kids the short version or nick name of the long names so like my uncle Rick is just rick and my aunt pattie and is just patti. so instead of naming me the long wersion my mom did the same my mamaw did. although both my step and half brothers have longer and very traditional names :weird: lol

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

August 1st, 2013, 09:40 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband and I went to get our fishing licenses and he took us fishing in early May! (I used to fish a lot as a child with one of my grandfathers, who passed away when I was still a kid) We are itching to go again very soon, I love to fish!

I cannot think of anything super specific, but I am sure there is something.

My middle name has been passed down a few generations and my first name was a name my mother has always loved!
August 1st, 2013, 09:46 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Your Summer Life: When is the last time (if ever) you went fishing? A couple months ago

Your Life Experience: What technology do you think you will never adopt? Using an iPad, iPhone, or computer for EVERYTHING... I just can't do it. I like writing with pen and paper too much.

Your Spiritual Life: Why were you given your name? I was supposed to be twins... Tiffani Danielle and Tara Nicole.... Well because there was just one of me, I was Tiffani Danielle... At 18 I changed it to Tiffani Elise to honor my grandmother and great grandmother....

Tags
summer of love 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search