Virtual Love-In / Festival Date Poll

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Vote for any date which would work for you to be here for a while for the love in!
THIS Thursday - 29th August 4 66.67%
THIS Friday - 30th August 2 33.33%
THIS Saturday - 31st August 3 50.00%
THIS Sunday - 1st September 1 16.67%
Friday 6th September 1 16.67%
Saturday 7th September 2 33.33%
Sunday 8th September 2 33.33%
Friday 13th September 1 16.67%
Sunday 15th September 1 16.67%
Friday 20th September 2 33.33%
Saturday 21st September 1 16.67%
Friday 27th September 2 33.33%
Saturday 28th September 2 33.33%
Sunday 29th September 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
OK so to round off our summer of love, we said we would have a virtual love-in (party)!

Basically on this board, because we are so international and so inter-time zones, this is usually a thread that's open for pretty much 24 hrs and people come together as and when they can throughout that 24 hours to chat.

This time we said we would also come up with little set lists to post to share some of our favourite music and make it almost like a summer festival.

It would also be nice if some people who can do readings / card draws or other simple divinations / healings or anything like that - even if you're just practising and it's just for fun - would pick out a few love-in attendees to do that for as well.

I thought some form of game might be nice as well and am open to suggestions, my idea was to have a list of 50 key words related to summer fun and spirituality, and the first person to SAY 25 of those words would get a "bingo" and win a prize! So people could chat randomly, but try and squeeze in as many summer words as possible. I would make them progressively harder to get with some really obscure.

The only issue with that idea is that I would probably have to work out the winner AFTER the fact as I may not be able to keep up with each post as it comes. So I am open to suggestions.

Edited to add: Or perhaps the bingo list could have song titles of summer songs and/or songs by the featured bands. That way they would be easier for me to spot.

It pretty much needs to be a weekend day now or a Friday at least so I can stay up late that night and be around more, but on a Friday I would only be able to be here from mid to late afternoon as I will be working mornings from Sept 2nd.

I am going to poll all the dates in September I could possibly do, please vote for all the dates that would be ok for you, and I am hoping we get a majority!! I am also going to throw in Thursday of this week - I know that would be short notice, but honestly this doesn't need too much organisation. I can't do Saturday 14th as it's the closest Saturday to Shaun's birthday and if we go out for that it will be then, and I can't do Sunday 22nd as it's my mum's birthday and we might go out for dinner or something like that.

I can't say what times of day I will mostly be around until I know what day it is - it depends on whether it falls on a working day (Fridays), whether it falls on a day where I have a lie-in or a day when I get an evening off and Shaun looks after Michaela.

(Members are not expected to be present for the full 24hrs, even just an hour when you can manage is fine, just whenever you can be here in that period to join in really. Even I obviously won't be present for the full 24hrs though I will try to do as much of it as possible!!)

The poll will therefore close on Wednesday along with the member award polls.

If you have any extra ideas for the love-in please share!

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; August 25th, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
August 28th, 2013, 04:51 AM
It's looking like it's gonna be tomorrow - I'm not going to be around all day, but certainly can be around for pockets throughout the day, and for a great big chunk of the evening, so it suits me. Will wait and see what it is when poll closes and then make a post about it.

August 28th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be around in the afternoon and evening. Morning will be Greysons first full day of school so I will likely not be around.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I can be around a good chunk of the day. All I have to really do is drop and pick up the boys from school.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
August 28th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Don't forget our mornings and afternoons are all different lol!

I can get on first thing GMT for a while to set stuff up, but then am likely to be busy most of the afternoon. But then free as a bird all evening.
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
I'll be in and out in the afternoon/evening...depending on when the kidlets require their computer time...lol

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

Tags
summer of love 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search