Summer Songs Story - Love-In Prize Game

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By *PurpleMidnight*
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 2 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
The object of this game is to write a neverending story, where you continue the story from the next person.

However, there is a twist.

You need to try and work in as many summer song titles as you can to your posts in the story.

I have a list of the 100 greatest summer songs as voted by members of the public which I found online. Please bear in mind this is not an exhaustive list so some summer songs may not be on it and other lists may exist elsewhere. I am not disclosing the link to the list as part of the challenge is trying to figure out which songs might be on it. You may however use the internet to look up summer song titles or locate such a list to help you.

Basically, the person who gets the MOST titles from my list into their posts in this thread will be the winner.

You may include titles other people have used in a bid to get the most, so there is no "no repeat" rule.

You must work the titles into the story, and not just post song titles.

I will only accept TITLES and not other excerpts from the lyrics. Spelling does not matter as long as I can tell what song you mean. If the song has part of the title in parentheses - for example Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) which isn't on the list by the way - you may omit or include the part in parentheses and the song will still count.

Each post may contain ONE to FIVE sentences and up to FIVE song titles.

For the prize to be "unlocked", this thread must reach at least 20 story posts and at least 3 people (not including me) must play.

The winner will receive an angel reading from me on Tue/Wed next week. This is a detailed 3-5 card reading and approximately 600-1000 words long, and you may ask three questions. I will need your email or FB details in order to complete your reading and if done by email I will include a photo of your cards. The value of the email reading is 15 and the value of the FB reading is 12.50.

If you need to ask any questions please precede your post with Q: and post story contributions in a separate post.

Have fun!

I'll start off - I will put my song titles in bold so you get the gist, but you don't have to make yours stand out in any way, though you can if you wish. I am not saying whether or not my song choices are on the list.

The long hot summer was almost over, and Angel had given up on the possibility of summertime love. The only boys of summer had been a group of builders working on the house next door, and their raucous parading and dancing in the street had not impressed her. When she got up that morning and peered out of the curtains, she gasped as she saw...

stucklikeglue likes this.

August 29th, 2013, 06:19 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Summers almost gone. She knew Summer in the City wasn't what she really had wanted. So she decided to pack her bags for Hot Summer Day ahead and spend the rest of her Wonderful Summer .........

August 29th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
when she noticed a group of scantily clad CALIFORNIA GIRLS dancing and singing I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION . She rolled her eyes and wondered if any of the neighbors had noticed and thought at least SCHOOL'S OUT and most people are away. She was roasting in HEAT WAVE and decided to go cool off UNDER THE BOARDWALK

Last edited by Sacred Silence; August 29th, 2013 at 09:02 AM.
August 29th, 2013, 09:16 AM
where she saw a starfish. But this wasn't any old starfish, it was a magic starfish and said to her "I will grant you 3 wishes...but in return, during all your seasons in the sun, you must come back here to Rockaway Beach and see me. If you don't, I will take all that you have wished for away. What is your first wish?"

August 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
to meet MY SHARONA who will say to me, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT for my SUMMER NIGHTS". And, for my second wish.....

August 29th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I want to go to the world-famous Club Tropicana for one of their summer parties and be the belle of the ball so that for once I feel pretty...and my third wish is...

August 29th, 2013, 12:08 PM
ALL I WANNA DO is to go GROOVIN' and TAKE IT EASY in KOKOMO with all my friends because, you know, GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN. And, once we're there we can....

August 29th, 2013, 12:51 PM
(Aside here but I think we already know who won! You ROCK at this Terri! )

shoot the summer breeze and carry on road trippin' until we reach (viva) Las Vegas where we can play hard and drink tequila - all night long! and then...

August 30th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I was hoping more peolpe would play.. I love games.

September 4th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Not all that many people could make it for the actual love in so I suspect that's why.

It's my fault, I ran out of time to poll when to have it and I think people went for the short notice date so it didn't start feeling like fall first, but then people couldn't come because of the short notice. I will try to plan our Christmas party better.

Tags
summer of love 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search