Burning Sage

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Sacred Silence

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 07:44 AM
summerbaby1's Avatar Veteran
Has anyone ever had a "smudging ceremony" or burned sage throughout their home to rid it of negative energy or possibly negative entities?

We've had some strange and downright frightening activity in our home ever since my fiance moved in. When I moved in with him I had a handful of strange experiences but nothing horrible.
Last night however I found human urine in my bedroom closet that was not something done by either him myself or any pets. (The door sticks when shut and takes a lot of force to open it and I had been in there earlier that day and didn't find anything). The smell was just AWFUL, made me nauseous and when I cleaned it up the room still smelled like it. I've also had strange smells of feces in the house and occasionally will get a metallic taste in my mouth in certain areas where the activity is most prevalent. My fiance has been mysteriously sick at night when he comes home, he will get hit with nausea and vomiting out of nowhere and I have had feelings of darkness and depression plague me.

Night before last my fiance woke up to see a black mass that started at the foot of our bed and reached up to the ceiling. When he turned on the light it was gone but he still felt a presence in our room. We've also had guests who have spent the night upstairs give us reports of hearing footsteps, seeing black shadows walk across the room and other really strange things.

Does anyone have any advice about what we could do to get rid of whatever this is? I'm thinking about burning sage and I've also considered a priest to come in and bless our home.
Just to give you a little background on the house we live in, it was built in 1903 and I can't find much on the previous owners, I just know that in a period of a year the house was bought and sold again 5 different times.

September 5th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Smudging is pretty simple and actually requires little to no ceremony. Light the Sage at the front door and walk through the house, saying a prayer for any negative energies to leave the home and for only good, positive energies to remain. As you walk through, be sure to smudge each corner of each room while praying. End back at the front door with continued prayers for only positive energy to be in the home.

<3

September 5th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I've done things in other homes like how Terri described and I'm going to do it to my current apartment.
Should have done it a couple months ago.

Good luck....Hope it helps.
September 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I smudge our home, I just did it when we moved in, before the kids got here. I walk through the house, each corner of each room, and just think about clearing the energy, visualizing clearing it out to more easily allow our own energy to permiate the space.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 6th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
First of all, welcome to the board! Please do feel free to introduce yourself and stick around here to chat. The ladies here are lovely, the best.

Yes, I would do a sage cleansing. Whatever the energy in the home is, it sounds like it's been there some time. I would take a belt and braces approach and call in Archangel Michael when you're doing the cleansing to add an extra layer of oomph. Ask him to take any negative energies, thought forms, thought form shapes or entities to the halls of wisdom to be transmuted back to light and not returned to yourself, your partner, your pets, or your home. You could also place sea salt or rock salt or clear quartz crystals in the corners of affected rooms (or the four corners of the property on the lower level) to create a grid of protection. Dark energies sometimes fear the light and will prefer to leave when you bring it in.

Love and light to you and to your home!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search