Soul Sister of the Week Fall/Winter Thread - Sign-ups & Info

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By JaeSung
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By MidnightMaiden
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
SSOTW, or Soul Sister of the Week, will run again from October 2013 onwards!

You can play whether you played the first run or not, as the tasks are different. Each participant will take a turn at being Soul Sister of the Week. Each day of the week, there is a different task to complete. This is flexible, so you can do several tasks in one day or swap days around if it works out better for you, or do them at the weekend rather than during the week.

I will go by the schedule, but I will PM you the week before you're due to be SSOTW to check whether it's still a good time for you. If I do not hear back, I will skip and come back to you. Your thread will go up the weekend before you are SSOTW, and you can start the tasks as soon as you like once your thread is up. Please aim to complete them by the end of the following weekend, but don't worry if life gets in the way and it ends up taking you longer.

Please sign up in this thread, which will be stickied. You can also post any questions in this thread.

PARTICIPANT LIST

1. Leslie (LDRW)
2. Hillarie (Ekani*Dhanya*Ruhi)
3. Sharron (Carwen*Angel)
4. Kira (Kiam)
5. Bella (Bella Nyxe)
6. Terri (Sacred Silence)
7. Melissa (Mitra Shonu)
8. Ashleigh (Shades of Grey)
9. Jessy (JaeSung)
10. Jackie (Blissful Serenity)
11. Tasha (Midnight*Maiden)

DAILY TASKS

1. MONDAY INTRODUCTION - SENSES-STYLE

Introduce yourself through the senses!

For sight, include a picture. It could be a picture of you, a favourite picture, or a picture that says something about your spirituality or you as a soul. It can be a photograph or an artwork. You can explain it in words or leave it for people to take from it what they wish.

For sound, include a quote, poem, prayer, song (link or lyrics), or piece of music (link or title to look up) that means something to you. Again, you can explain, or just post it.

For feelings, make an emoticon display of your mood / personality cycle through a typical week. Again, you can explain, or just post it.

For smell and taste, show us something of your favourite soul or comfort food! Pictures, links to recipes, post the recipe, however you wish to share it.

For "the sixth sense", make a prediction for fall/winter either for yourself, someone else on the board (NO death, disaster or serious illness predictions in accordance with our readings and predictions etiquette please), or the group as a whole. This is just for fun, and it doesn't matter if you are psychic or not. It can be a hope for others rather than an intuitive prediction.

2. TUESDAY BUCKET LIST

Tuesday is a nice easy one...make a bucket list! Things you want to do, experience or achieve in your lifetime. It can include achievements big and small, it can include your hopes as a parent and, in the future, a grandparent. It can include places you still want to go, or people you still want to meet. It can be as long or short as you like. You can include a commentary, you can include pictures making it more like a vision board, or you can simply write a list.

3. WEDNESDAY DAY IN THE LIFE

Take no less than 8 pictures showing what you do during the day, including spiritual activities if relevant. However, don't worry if you are not doing any sort of spiritual practice at the moment, just give us a glimpse into your life.

You can post the pictures and let them speak for themselves, or you can add a commentary.

You will need to upload the pictures to an image hosting website such as Photobucket which is quite easy to use, and to post them in your posts, you need to copy the IMG code and paste it into your post. You can alternatively copy the direct link and paste it, then add [IMG] [/ IMG] - without the space - either side of it. If you have technical difficulties with posting your photos, please PM me.

You do not need to get your photos posted by the end of Wednesday. The schedule is flexible anyway, but nobody will mind if you end up posting your day in the life photographs late, I promise. It doesn't matter if we're finishing up one SSOTW and the next one has already started. Just don't worry about it and shout up if you need help!

4. THURSDAY WHAT IFS!

Here is a list of what if questions to answer in as much or as little detail as you like for Thursday's task.

Other members can also ask extra what if questions if they wish, and post them in your thread. You can even compose one of your own if there's one that comes to mind that you'd really like to answer!

What if you were a circus performer, what would you do?

What if you had to set up your own business, what would you do?

What if you could be president for a day, what would you do?

What if you won 1,000,000, what would you spend it on?

What if you could be a fly on the wall of any famous person for a day, who would you choose and why?

What if you could spend a year travelling, where would you go?

What if you could have a dinner party with any six people in the world, alive or passed, who would you invite and why?

What if you could make any wish in the world for your children and it was guaranteed to come true, what would you wish for them?

What if you could have a conversation with God/Source/Universe, what would you ask?

What if you could be granted any skill or talent overnight, what would you choose?

5. FRIDAY FOLLOW ME

A nice easy one for Friday. If you have your own website, blog, business, profile page elsewhere, FB page, or anything else you would like other members to know about and have a look at, please post the links! It's not spam, as you have been invited to do it, and it is a one-off, posted only in your SSOTW thread. *Please note however that links to other forums are not permitted.*

If you have nothing like this which you want to share, post instead up to five web links you think are fantastic, which you would like to share with the other members.

You can do a mixture of the two if you wish.

Member participation - instead of having a designated question day this time, other members are simply welcome to post any comments and questions they wish to as they read your posts for the week.

If there are any questions asked which you feel uncomfortable answering, just say so politely in the thread or by PMing the member who asked it.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; October 28th, 2013 at 09:03 AM.
September 7th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Please post all sign-ups here - I have locked the old thread now because people seem confused and are posting sign-ups in there. I made this new thread because a lot of people were missing that there was a second run of the game when I was trying to get you all to sign-up in the old thread lol. Now everyone seems to want to use the old thread even though there's a new one!

September 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I'll do it
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Am I too late to sign up for this?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

September 17th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Nope, we start the first week of October, and sign-ups are still very much open. I'll add you to the list.
MidnightMaiden likes this.

Tags
ssotw

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search