Spiritual Practice Activity Week 1

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This week is quite simple and yet soooo important. From now until next Tuesday, let's all spend time paying attention to our thoughts. Just observe how you speak to yourself each day. How much of it is affirming and loving? How much of it is negative and destructive? Do you find yourself kicking yourself for small mistakes? Do you call yourself names ( I am such a ditz!!!!)? How many times a day do you tell yourself that you're not worthy, not capable, not equipped? Just really, really observe this week. I hope to hear some feedback from you all through the week to gauge where we are with this.

And, while you're at it.. observe the words of others around you.. are they negative, are they positive?

BTW, Learning to observe your thoughts is the FOUNDATION for all the other practices and it will be the key that eventually sets you free.. so though it sounds simple, it is UBER important which is why it is Week 1's activity. I am going to do this myself this week to see where I am...

**** Just wanted to add one important note ..... IT'S ABOUT PRACTICE NOT PERFECTION.. SO BE KIND WITH YOURSELF! XO

Last edited by Sacred Silence; September 17th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
September 17th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I am always mindful of this. I completely agree, that this is really important. It is the essential foundation of positivity and spirituality IMO!!! ♥ Funnily enough, I have already started today with mindful thinking. My thoughts lately have gone down the drain as I've been in an unhappy place with a lot of things in life, but today I told myself to remember to think positively and use affirmations all day!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 17th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Energetically, you are so ready. Just use this week to get in the space of observing and be patient with yourself if you catch yourself reverting to those thought patterns.

September 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
You set me off on this a while ago and I'll be honest, I'm better some weeks than I am others.

I do have a terrible habit of putting myself down and seeing the worst in myself, and getting cross with myself.

Thanks for bringing my mind back to it and I will for sure make a conscious effort this week to notice and feed back.
Sacred Silence likes this.

September 17th, 2013, 06:46 PM
steampunkgoddess's Avatar TTC #1!
I will start this tomorrow, didn't see it until too late today. This is probably my biggest hang-up.

September 18th, 2013, 08:35 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I was really negative yesterday. one of Ryan's doctors pissed me off and it sent me into a negative place.

Leslie

September 18th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Did you feel yourself observing the anger and negativity yesterday, Leslie?

September 18th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred Silence View Post
Did you feel yourself observing the anger and negativity yesterday, Leslie?
Observing?

Leslie

September 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Watching the angry thoughts? Noticing them? Did you take notice of the thoughts of anger and negativity as they were happening?

September 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I noticed them moments after they happened.

I am angry now at something else. Deep breaths!

Leslie

September 18th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Just keep noticing. Keep watching the thoughts in your mind this week.

September 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Observing my thoughts is something I've become really good at over the years. I never understood what it meant, to acknowledge how I feel, accept it and let it be, but I get it now. It's much more freeing, understanding what emotions you're feeling, recognizing where they're coming from, allowing yourself to feel them and then moving on. ♥

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(

I have been horrible for this lately.

I think this is single handedly the best advice I have received in a very long time. Being mindful that I'm not perfection, and seeing as I don't expect it from others, I should hardly expect it from myself.

I've been very hard on myself lately, and it's been wearing me down. Putting me in a place I don't want to be in.

Thank you Terri. I needed this. I really need to work on this.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

September 19th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go back and forth with this. I get frustrated and discouraged with myself easily sometimes. When I DO acknowledge the negative thoughts (before they over run me), I tend to analyze why and see where they come from. Im a lot happier overall.

I also notice that when I do this, I have a lot more patience with my son. I think its because I start thinging about the why behind his behavior more before reacting.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 19th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I hope we can make this a daily practice for many of you so that life is lived in the space of peace.

September 23rd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Hi girls. Tomorrow starts a new week. How do you feel you've done with observing and getting a feel for the nature of your thoughts? Please SHARE!!!

I will begin by saying that I've noticed a few places where my thoughts have been getting away from me! I PRACTICE this every day and still.. there were a few unexamined areas which were out of step with my practice. So, now, I am working to be mindful and to gently point my thoughts back to where I desire them to be! xo

September 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
I catch negative thoughts more easily and then say a few good affirmations to "make up" for it

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 24th, 2013, 06:26 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to be a but behind on this, but will start on it

September 25th, 2013, 07:45 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
I know this was for last week but this is something I try to do on a daily basis. I have a bad habit of being entirely too hard on myself when it comes to almost everything. This is something I have been working on for years, and it has gotten better, but I still need to improve that train of thought. I need to STOP being so hard on myself, and accept that I make mistakes and I learn from them and do not repeat them, and that's doing the best that I can do!
September 26th, 2013, 06:28 PM
steampunkgoddess's Avatar TTC #1!
I'm getting better. Still catching myself a lot but this week was really good and I felt I was a lot less negative.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search