~*~ Michaelmas Spiritual Q&A Thread / Ask an Expert ~*~

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By aubers68
  • 2 Post By aubers68
  • 2 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 2 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 1 Post By TreeTog
  • 3 Post By Mitra Shonu

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Visitors to our Michaelmas Angel Day, please use this thread to ask any questions you like about angels and/or spirituality.

We have quite a number of very wise ladies here, who between them have a lot of knowledge on all kinds of topics.

Some that spring to mind are angels, crystals, tarot, oracles, runes, divination, Paganism, witchcraft, spellcraft, Christianity, prayer, devotion, ascended masters, meditation, affirmations, cosmic ordering/manifestation, past lives, herbs and oils, and dreams.

If you have questions about your path or any aspect of spirituality, please share it here, and someone who feels they have an answer for you will respond.

Please be aware that the person best placed to answer your question may or may not be online at the same time as you. Therefore questions may not be answered in order and may still be answered later in the week, so do come back and keep checking. Between us we will try to answer as many as possible or at least find you some information. The person responding to your question will like your post when they have replied. Please try not to like each other's posts otherwise then it is clear when your question has been picked up.

Enjoy!

September 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When it comes to your spirituality/beliefs... are they something you learned on your own or are they beliefs passed down from your family?

I've always been interested in angels and becoming more spiritual but never know where to start. Seems like there is SO much out there to learn I tend to stray away instead of embracing it.
:/
Shades of Grey and TreeTog like this.

Last edited by aubers68; September 29th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
September 29th, 2013, 04:30 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping this isn't out of line... but I'm curious. Do any of you live lives like Theresa Caputo from Long Island Medium? Or is that completely for entertainment purposes? Can you pick up feelings/intuitions on others when you are out and about, or do you have to be in a certain place and/or state of mind?
mindy scott and TreeTog like this.

September 29th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, Im not a medium so I'll respond to the first one

Personally, my foundation is what I learned from my family. But I think spirituality is an ever changing thing, a process. I have learned so much and my beliefs have shifted as time has passed. I suggest, whatever you are drawn to, catches your attention and resonates with you, follow it. Take what you like from it, make it your own, and follow what feels right to you.

There are a lot of references in the Spiritual Notebook section and a lot of people on here who can add their thoughts as well
aubers68 and BlueJayBaby like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 29th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will respond to both. I learned a lot of my practice in the last year or so. My family was in a very strict, narrow faith and it never felt right for me. Last year was very pivotal as I began meditation daily and began reading books which aligned with my beliefs. I have always been a seeker but only recently found direction in my seeking.

As for asking about being a medium, I typically do not pick up a ton of information when I am out and about BUT when I am out and about, I am invariably with my children and I feel it necessary to NOT read at those times. I do pick up things in the course of conversations with friends just sort of randomly... And that is fine. But, you know, being a mom comes first. Some people are connected all the time and that is great for them. when I am going to give a reading, I prefer to meditate beforehand and be in the best state possible.
Shades of Grey and aubers68 like this.

September 29th, 2013, 05:42 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I learned my beliefs through time and trial and error. I read many books and explored different Christian churches. Christianity left me questioning about a lot of things, so i kept looking. About 10 years ago, I re-discovered Paganism and did a lot of research. I am still learning as a Pagan.

Leslie

I don't see dead people most of the time. I am an empath though and can sense things.

Leslie
Shades of Grey likes this.

September 29th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
I began my current path approximately 3 years ago, and am still learning...I was brought up Catholic, and explored other Christian beliefs throughout my adult life, but always felt that something within Christianity was missing for me...

The advice the other ladies have given is what I have done (reading, researching, asking questions, sharing thoughts) and have found that the ladies, both here on SL, and the ladies on Pagan Living have been amazing fonts of information, or have suggested where else I can go to further my heart callings...and what Ashleigh says is true...in your own personal Spirituality, it is constantly evolving, and sometimes what you read or discover will resonate with you, and other times it does not...you may or may not find a "niche" that completes your heart and soul, but you most definitely have the right, and ok, to take what speaks to you and follow that...even if it's little bits and pieces of a bunch of different belief systems...You do not have to conform to one belief unless your heart tells you that that is who you are, and can completely wrap your soul around its teachings...

Research...use the tools available to you...listen to your heart...and let it come to you...starting out is difficult...there is so many different choices/paths...but you will know what is right for you when you find it...and it will come to you when it is supposed to...remember that...

As far as being a medium...I don't have definite mediumship gifts (yet), but I do believe that you can practice and train what is inherent in all people...gut feelings and intuition...and if you open up your vision...see things that have always been there, but you have just been too busy to notice, then they can help strengthen your intuition and gut feelings...This I am working on...mindfulness of all around me...more than just a passing glance and not registering their significance...

Good journey to you on your path...Namaste. ♥

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search