~^*October Chat Thread*^~

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree107Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im jealous too, I love shopping for gifts but havent gotten that far yet! Looking forward to black friday! Yes, its crazy, but I love getting together with a couple friends for our traditional shopping spree I also have Truetts first birthday 10 days before Christmas.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
lol Bella, that was me last year. Probably why I'm super organised this year!!

I've only done the kids.

I've started on my mum's, we always get each other a bag of "bits", cheap and cheerful small presents so we have plenty of surprises to open, and I've got her "bits". I've started on one friend's as well, and bought presents for Daniel's teachers.

I still have a few other friends and Shaun to buy for as well as Mum's main thing. Plus the kids need new stockings this year. Michaela's last year was a "baby's 1st" one which is now in her keepsake box. And Daniel's nice one was sent to his dad's as he spent Christmas Day there last year, and was never returned. It was a bit on the small side anyway, so am hoping to get them both a nice and slightly wider stocking new this year.

I'm looking forward to the scavenger hunt, Ashleigh!

October 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I had intended to be super productive this morning then relax the rest of the day. So far, Ive not gotten much accomplished... My body is stiff and sore, hoping Im not getting sick. So Ill be productive tomorrow
Carwen*Angel likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Sometimes you just need to rest.

October 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
And perhaps sit in the hot tub this evening before the boys go to bed and John goes to work

October 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
That sounds nice!

I look after Michaela Saturday evenings and night so Shaun can get one night off in the week. Hoping she will sleep reasonably well tonight as I am shattered.

October 5th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran
My Christmas shopping for all the kids (we buy for 15) was finished in August thanks to the online Toy Sales with layby until Christmas time!! It is so much easier on us financially to do it that way. Now I just have to start buying for all the adults. Would love to do something homemade but really not sure what.

Long weekend here for us, yesterday was spent not doing much and today we are heading to a local gala day. DH's band are playing so will be good to see them perform. Then tomorrow I am off to Adelaide to the Mind, Body and Soul expo. Hoping I will have enough money for a reading but if not there are free workshops all day that look amazing. Looking forward to a quiet day to myself!!
October 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
I haven't even begun thinking about Christmas shopping yet...we tend to wait until the last minute for that...

I've had a head cold for the last couple of days...stayed home from work yesterday and 1/2 of Thursday...still stuffed up, but not as achy today...hopefully only a couple of days left to go...hot tea and soup have been my staples and comfort...

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

October 5th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I have stuff in my wish lists on Amazon for the boys stuff.
I know what I'm getting them. I just don't wanna shop til next month cuz I don't wanna have to find hiding spots for a long period of time lol.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
October 5th, 2013, 07:39 PM
We have a storage unit now so I plan to capitalize on that for hiding presents!
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

October 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey everyone!

Has anyone gone to experience any of the local Oktoberfests going on in your area yet?

I love this month so much! The weather is finally and truly cooling off down here and the humidity is getting lower and lower. I am so happy about that, and the whole atmosphere of Autumn has always calmed me and put me in a great mood. Something about seeing another transition throughout the year, and so much goes on in the last leg of the year than the rest of the year so it's an exciting time!

Today my husband and I are taking it easy, I am going to definitely get in a walk this evening before dinner and just enjoy the beauty of today!
October 6th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I don't know if they have an Oktoberfest around here.
Just chillin' around here today too.

October 6th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I agree, there is something comforting about autumn.

No festivities for me. Im trying to survive the day on 2-3 hrs of sleep... I couldnt sleep last night and the kids kept waking up, then were up for the day too early. I cant wait for bedtime.

October 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Im having bit of a lonesome day.
Im taking myself out to breakfast tomorrow, still trying to find whatever this is inside me trying to come out. I have a fear layer I'm trying to get through, that's taking time I believe.

*shrugs*

On a cool side...I found, with some tweaking, the tattoo design I want to get.

Last edited by Amaranth Dhanya; October 6th, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
October 6th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
I am so in awe of you Hillarie...I have a hard time taking myself out for a meal, or to a movie...or anything like that...I usually only do it for others...

What's your tattoo idea? and where do you want to put it? I'm itching for another one myself, but I'll probably have to wait until my birthday in June...I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get a Lotus flower and Namaste on my foot...eek!

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

October 6th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
I wanna see the tattoo too.

its late and im going to bed. just finished watching witches of east end. be back tomorrow.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

October 6th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I watched Witches of East End too.
My friend found this picture online and I love it. I'd make a couple changes but I think Dan would love it.

October 7th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Veteran
Love the tatt Hilllarie. I would like to get something new for myself but have no idea where to start. I figure when the time is right it will jump out and grab me. Enjoy breakfast, I took myself to an expo today, something I would never normally do on my own but I had a really good day.
October 7th, 2013, 05:48 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I watched Witches of Eastend and I give it a 7. It was a slow starter and then is started getting interesting.

Leslie
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

October 7th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hillarie,
As for the fear working it's way out, allow it to do so in its own time. Sit with it.. acknowledge it. Love yourself while experiencing it. I am releasing old fear now as well. And, it can be so overwhelming. xo

I hope you enjoy your breakfast out this morning.

Christmas shopping!!! Wow! You girls are organized. I so admire that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search