SSOTW October 21st - Hillarie / Ekani*Dhanya*Ruhi!

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes
  • 4 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 3 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence
  • 3 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 2 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Welcome to your SSOTW thread Hillarie! Have fun doing it and remember the schedule is only a guideline and you can re-work it any way you like to have it fit with your schedule!

DAILY TASKS

1. MONDAY INTRODUCTION - SENSES-STYLE

Introduce yourself through the senses!

For sight, include a picture. It could be a picture of you, a favourite picture, or a picture that says something about your spirituality or you as a soul. It can be a photograph or an artwork. You can explain it in words or leave it for people to take from it what they wish.

For sound, include a quote, poem, prayer, song (link or lyrics), or piece of music (link or title to look up) that means something to you. Again, you can explain, or just post it.

For feelings, make an emoticon display of your mood / personality cycle through a typical week. Again, you can explain, or just post it.

For smell and taste, show us something of your favourite soul or comfort food! Pictures, links to recipes, post the recipe, however you wish to share it.

For "the sixth sense", make a prediction for fall/winter either for yourself, someone else on the board (NO death, disaster or serious illness predictions in accordance with our readings and predictions etiquette please), or the group as a whole. This is just for fun, and it doesn't matter if you are psychic or not. It can be a hope for others rather than an intuitive prediction.

2. TUESDAY BUCKET LIST

Tuesday is a nice easy one...make a bucket list! Things you want to do, experience or achieve in your lifetime. It can include achievements big and small, it can include your hopes as a parent and, in the future, a grandparent. It can include places you still want to go, or people you still want to meet. It can be as long or short as you like. You can include a commentary, you can include pictures making it more like a vision board, or you can simply write a list.

3. WEDNESDAY DAY IN THE LIFE

Take no less than 8 pictures showing what you do during the day, including spiritual activities if relevant. However, don't worry if you are not doing any sort of spiritual practice at the moment, just give us a glimpse into your life.

You can post the pictures and let them speak for themselves, or you can add a commentary.

You will need to upload the pictures to an image hosting website such as Photobucket which is quite easy to use, and to post them in your posts, you need to copy the IMG code and paste it into your post. You can alternatively copy the direct link and paste it, then add [IMG] [/ IMG] - without the space - either side of it. If you have technical difficulties with posting your photos, please PM me.

You do not need to get your photos posted by the end of Wednesday. The schedule is flexible anyway, but nobody will mind if you end up posting your day in the life photographs late, I promise. It doesn't matter if we're finishing up one SSOTW and the next one has already started. Just don't worry about it and shout up if you need help!

4. THURSDAY WHAT IFS!

Here is a list of what if questions to answer in as much or as little detail as you like for Thursday's task.

Other members can also ask extra what if questions if they wish, and post them in your thread. You can even compose one of your own if there's one that comes to mind that you'd really like to answer!

What if you were a circus performer, what would you do?

What if you had £££ to set up your own business, what would you do?

What if you could be president for a day, what would you do?

What if you won £1,000,000, what would you spend it on?

What if you could be a fly on the wall of any famous person for a day, who would you choose and why?

What if you could spend a year travelling, where would you go?

What if you could have a dinner party with any six people in the world, alive or passed, who would you invite and why?

What if you could make any wish in the world for your children and it was guaranteed to come true, what would you wish for them?

What if you could have a conversation with God/Source/Universe, what would you ask?

What if you could be granted any skill or talent overnight, what would you choose?

5. FRIDAY FOLLOW ME

A nice easy one for Friday. If you have your own website, blog, business, profile page elsewhere, FB page, or anything else you would like other members to know about and have a look at, please post the links! It's not spam, as you have been invited to do it, and it is a one-off, posted only in your SSOTW thread. *Please note however that links to other forums are not permitted.*

If you have nothing like this which you want to share, post instead up to five web links you think are fantastic, which you would like to share with the other members.

You can do a mixture of the two if you wish.

Member participation - instead of having a designated question day this time, other members are simply welcome to post any comments and questions they wish to as they read your posts for the week.

If there are any questions asked which you feel uncomfortable answering, just say so politely in the thread or by PMing the member who asked it.

October 20th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Yay!! Looking forward to doing this and your questions(remember...Im not terribly shy lol).

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
October 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM
MONDAY!

This is my favorite pic of myself...its from back in like 2008:

Where the Sidewalk Ends
from the book "Where the Sidewalk Ends" (1974)

There is a place where the sidewalk ends
and before the street begins,
and there the grass grows soft and white,
and there the sun burns crimson bright,
and there the moon-bird rests from his flight
to cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
and the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
we shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow
and watch where the chalk-white arrows go
to the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
and we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
for the children, they mark, and the children, they know,
the place where the sidewalk ends.

:sarcasm ::headw all:

Food....oh dear here we go.
This is my salad that I take to pretty much every potluck Ive been invited to.
Its called Purple Salad:
12 oz...cool whip
large size container of cottage cheese
large box of black cherry jello(or regular cherry if cant find black)
can of blueberry pie filling
half a bag mini marshmellows(unless you feel inclined to add more LOL)

Mix all together and let get cold in fridge. Enjoy!

These are my favorite food items....

My "prediction" is that there will be surprises in store for the group. Ones not really considered. It may be several of us or a couple...not sure but when I think on it I get unthought of surprises.

October 21st, 2013, 07:13 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you wish for most in your life?
What is your favorite affirmation at the moment?

October 21st, 2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred Silence View Post
What do you wish for most in your life?
What is your favorite affirmation at the moment?
1. That I can raise my boys to be good men.
2. I am strong. I can do this. All is well.

October 21st, 2013, 07:34 PM
TUESDAY!!

In no particular order:

1. Watch the boys finish school and find a job/career they love.
2. Go to Salam, MA during Halloween time.
3. Meet pretty much every dear online friend I've made.
4. Watch the boys fall in love and marry.
5. Spoil grandbabies.
6. Visit Ireland and Scotland and visit ancestral spots while there.
7. Have a nice, comfy home to raise the boys in.
8. Spoiling more grandbabies lol.
9. Finding an outlet for my dream of helping others.
10. Opening up a small online shop.

October 22nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of online shop would you like to have?
Sacred Silence likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
October 22nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
What kind of online shop would you like to have?
Same as many others lol....homemade candles, bath salts, and soaps. I want to have a healing page for distant healing and I want a trader page where others can trade or sell gently used items for things they could really use and make a small amount too.

October 22nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
I love the pic of you that you shared Hillarie.. sooo pretty!!! xo
Amaranth Dhanya likes this.

October 23rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Sounds like my kinda shop!

How many grandbabies would you love to have one day?

October 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwen*Angel View Post
Sounds like my kinda shop!

How many grandbabies would you love to have one day?

At least six....That's two kids per son lol. Sounds like a good number.

October 23rd, 2013, 06:59 PM
WEDNESDAY!!

My day, today, started with laundry...

Next up my boys decided to shake their groove things before school...

Connor taking meds before school(he takes this 3x/day)...

Breakfast time...

Me chilling while waiting on clothes to dry...

Groceries are put away!...

Dinnertime...

Bedtime posing for camera...goodnight!

And that is roughly a day in my life...or at least my Wednesdays LOL. Booty shaking wasnt typical but but singing that KC and the Sunshine Band song "Shake Shake Shake(your booty)" Ive gotten Av to take his antibiotics LOL. So today that sort of progressed to me finding the song and letting them hear the original and they loved it as you can see(I sing "shake, shake, shake, shake your medicine, shake your medicine).

October 24th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I love seeing a day in your life!

October 24th, 2013, 07:22 AM
THURSDAY!!

What if you were a circus performer, what would you do? Id wanna be an acrobat, in reality Im a klutz so if I could put that aside Id love to be up there flipping around and such.

What if you had £££ to set up your own business, what would you do? Id set up the website I talked about yesterday and get all the stuff I needed to get it going.

What if you could be president for a day, what would you do? LOL, no comment! Id dock everyones pay to be that of an average American family and they'd have NO way of changing that plus theyd have to do "Obamacare" like everyone else has to.

What if you won £1,000,000, what would you spend it on? Id buy a house, Id pay off my car and buy the car I really wanted outright. Id give my sister some to sock away in my 6 nieces savings accounts for their college or whatnot. Id give my mom a bit so she could feel less frazzled about finances or she could sock it away til she's ready to move up this way and put it towards a home. The rest would be tucked away safely for emergency uses.

What if you could be a fly on the wall of any famous person for a day, who would you choose and why? Hugh Jackman....cuz I think he's awesome! LOL

What if you could spend a year travelling, where would you go? Id rent an RV and take the kids all over the country visiting tons of historical sites and museums(I love history).

What if you could have a dinner party with any six people in the world, alive or passed, who would you invite and why? Abraham Lincoln, Dans late mom, Dan, June(childhood friend of Dans, newer friend of mine), my grandpa Neal, and Dahli Lama.
Why huh? Lincoln, because Ive always felt drawn to him and the Civil War so Id love to chat with him...get to know the real him.
Dans mom and Dan simply cuz Ive never met Susan and would love to get to know her and Dan...well who wouldnt want one more day with their Love.
June because I only got to hang with her in person once and Id love to see and chat with her again.
Grandpa Neal cuz I miss him and his deep, gravely voice.
The Dahli Lama because I bet I could learn a lot from him.

What if you could make any wish in the world for your children and it was guaranteed to come true, what would you wish for them? For Connor, Id wish that his issues would resolve and he'd be the sweet, easy going boy he used to be.
Id wish Avery got to have his dream of seeing 20th Century Fox studios in Hollywood and just having a blast visiting stuff in that town.
Id wish Devinn would always be kind and not lose that.

What if you could have a conversation with God/Source/Universe, what would you ask? Id simply say Thanks.

What if you could be granted any skill or talent overnight, what would you choose? Id heal all cancer patients and make cancer extinct, so noone else has to go through the hell we did.

October 24th, 2013, 03:38 PM
FRIDAY!!!

This is the link to my blog. It's about our journey with Dan's cancer as well as getting to a new normal after his death.
Kiss My (bleep) Cancer!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

October 28th, 2013, 06:02 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thank you so much for sharing so much of your life with us! I really enjoyed reading it all!

October 28th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I loved reading your blog and following Dan's journey. I must catch up with it, thanks for the link!

Tags
soul sister of the week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search