Paganism and Wiccan

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Someone asked about paganism and wiccan so I thought I'd open a thread for questions. Paganism is someone who follows a polytheistic religion, one with more then one god or goddess. And a wiccan is someone who practices witchcraft (Nothing like the movies or shows lol) So please feel free to ask questions. There are a few girls on this board including me who practice and I don't think they would mind answering questions either
September 12th, 2004, 01:38 PM
I Heart 4x4
Ah, that makes things a bit clearer ................

I would love to read up more on being pagan!
September 12th, 2004, 01:57 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much, I want to understand & learn about all of it.........I remember when my Grandma was living she loved to read. She read about witch craft alot.

September 12th, 2004, 11:39 PM
OhClueless1
I just wanted to share a website I found on this topic... its very informative. I don't think it will answer every question, this is a very broad subject.... but maybe give you a better idea of what Paganism is.

http://www.witchvox.com/xbasics.html
September 13th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
witchvox is a good site.

To confuse some of you more, some Pagans do not believe in any Gods but practice more of a Nature spirituality but without Gods and Goddesses. Some also believe in only 1 God or Goddess. Pagan is very broad.
September 16th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Texas Mom
Thanks for opening this thread, I'm quite interested in this. I hope I don't offend and I'm not trying to...I really have a genuine interest and questions. I had a direct report that was Wicca...assuming that is the same as Wiccen???? She told me that as a witch the main thing she had to live by was that whatever she did (meaning negative) it would come back on her....or something to that effect. Why are ppl witches? What do they do? I mean, all I ever think of is Halloween stuff, KWIM? Just trying to figure out how that plays into your beliefs too. So there are different gods/goddess you believe in? Are they like Saints? Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm gonna go back and look at the site!!!!
September 16th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Texas Mom
Okay, I think I've answered some questions....what does "Diety" mean though?

I have another question <sorry!> I have a friend that uses a long narrow shaped crystal or quartz (i don't know what it is) to see if things have positive or negative energies and are good for her.....is this part of Paganism?
September 18th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Using crystals is part of some people's paganism, not all pagans use them.

The Wiccan Creed that Pagans and Wiccans abide by is "An Harm ye none do as ye will". Part of some Pagans beliefs is that what ever you do will come back at your threefold. So if you do something good, you will have good(positive) things happen to you times 3. If you do something bad, you will have bad(negative) things happen to you times 3.

A Diety is a God/Goddess.

Wicca and Witches are not the same thing. People who are Witches practice Witchcraft, which is just altering their surrounds through will. Wicca is a religion, Wiccans usually practice Witchcraft, but are not always Witches.

Why does a person become a witch? Why does a person become a Christian? I am not a Witch so I could not say why a person wants to be one. Some are born into it, they have grown up around it, some have more talents for witchcraft than others. IMO people become Witches because they are naturally drawn to it. Being a witch isn't like the movie The Craft, the show Charmed or Harry Potter. A witch does not have a long pointy warted nose, green scraggly hair, walk around with a point hat and shoes. You could pass 6 Witches on the street and never know it.

Witchcraft is a spell. A spell is similar to a ritual or in the Christian world a Prayer.

Yes I believe in various Gods and Goddesses, some Pagans beleive in no Gods/Goddesses, some only believe in 1. Saints, no. Saints are a Christian belief. Gods and Goddesses are worshipped, they are called upon during rituals and spells for help and guidance.
September 21st, 2004, 12:18 PM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
Ok......I have a question that is hard to put words to. So if I dont make any sense...LOL, just bare with me.

Ok for those of you who are wiccan how did you KNOW that you were?

I am a really ODD person........HEHEHEEH
I believe in God, but I also believe in some of what you all are talking about. It interests me very much.
Gosh, I had a few other questions.......but I lost my thoughts OY!!

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
September 21st, 2004, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Christy hun you ask dificult questions. Could you specify a bit on that. I'm running on lack of sleep. How did we know we were what? Wiccan?
September 22nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
IMO that's a hard quesion. How does a Christian know they're a Christian.

IMO you follow your heart and you will find what is you. I am not Wiccan, but I am Pagan. I know I am Pagan because it feels right. The more I practice Paganism the more at peace I am, the more good things happen, etc.
September 22nd, 2004, 09:51 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
I suppose what I mean is this..........
is it something that chooses you? Is it in your blood and past down from your family?
Does that make any sense?

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
September 22nd, 2004, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well it depends on who you talk to. My grandmother swears up and down our family is MADE for witchcraft. Of course our family history is full of strange things, so to me, it's where I belong. It's in my blood and in my heart, it's part of who I am and who my family is. To me it's like......I feel like it's an old favourite shirt, something that when you put it on is so familiar and comforting, it's just a part of you. LMAO I'm rambling, does any of that make sence?
September 22nd, 2004, 12:06 PM
For some people their families may have a history of being Wiccan, for others they are drawn to it. Take my family, we(both sides) have a history of ending up in the medical field. Even the ones who marry into the famiy tend to. I am not a conformist, I hate doing something everyone else is so I vowed i would never have anything to do with the medical field. I'm a birth doula/lactation counsellor.lol It didn't work. It's not as medical as most of the rest of my family, although midwifry interests me. I now have my mom who's an accountant(as I was) interested in becoming a postpartum doula.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search