Deciding Your Religion

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2004, 10:12 AM
I Heart 4x4
I am really curious as to how everyone decided to be whatever religion you follow.

Were you baptised (or whatever it is called in your religion, when you officially become a member)?
Was it just what you were brought up with or is it something you found on your own?
If you found this religion on your own, how old were you?
Do you attend fellowship meetings (at a church, coven, temple, etc.)?
How closely do you follow your religion?
Do you like your religion?
Were you ever any other religion before deciding on the one you are now?
September 14th, 2004, 10:25 AM
TheGeneralsGal
Were you baptised (or whatever it is called in your religion, when you officially become a member)?
Was it just what you were brought up with or is it something you found on your own?

In Judaism you are born Jewish. Nothing makes you Jewish except for your mother. If she is Jewish you are Jewish. If your dad is Jewish and mom isn't you are not Jewish at birth you must convert. If dad is Christian and mom is Jewish you are Jewish. I was brought up in Judaism. I go to shul on a regular basis. Judaism is ok, there are some practices that I am highly against however. I have and will always be Jewish.
September 14th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Were you baptised (or whatever it is called in your religion, when you officially become a member)? Yes, I was baptized after I was saved

Was it just what you were brought up with or is it something you found on your own? I was brought up in the Southern Baptist church. My parents didn't MAKE me go. They took me with them and showed me that it was important to them and why it was important. They also always encouraged me to ask questions and find out the truth for myself, so I wasn't just "indoctrinated." I did look into it myself as I got older, and I believe that Christianity, and especially the doctrine of the Southern Baptist church are what is right.

Do you attend fellowship meetings (at a church, coven, temple, etc.)? Yes, we go to church every Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday nights.

How closely do you follow your religion? Very closely

Do you like your religion? Very much

Were you ever any other religion before deciding on the one you are now? No

September 14th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was baptised at an early age, however the first time I did it because I wanted to make my parents proud, and fit in with my peers. However when I was 18yrs old I realized that I needed God in my life, and got saved,...and then I was baptised.

I was origanaly raised indipendent fundamental baptist,...However when I got saved I wanted to know what the right religion was....I then started to study all of the diffrent religions, and cults, and everything inbetween. I attended many diffrent denominational and religious services...and read many diffrent types of religious matterial. I also talked to many people on there beilifes and ideas. I decided that Southern Baptist was closer to the truth than any one denomination, (while they are not perfect...as with any denomination) and as for the religion baised on my reserch and studys, and most important my faith....I feel that Christianity is the one true reiligion,however it is more than just a reiligion it is a relationship with God.

18 yrs of age
Do you attend fellowship meetings (at a church, coven, temple, etc.)? Yes I attend church every sunday and wed.,...however christians beilive that we do not nessicarly need a building to worship the Lord, because our body is our temple, and Jesus is our intercessor between man and God... and we also beilive that the church is composed of all born agian beilivers, and that is why it is nessicary to gather as a group as well...because a foot and can do nothing with out the body, a christian is ineffective if he does not gather with other christians.

How closely do you follow your religion? Very closely

Do you like your religion? Yes, I enjoy my relationship with God

Yes, In a sence I was Agnostic (the beilife that there is a God but not know who He is)....But I got saved by Jesus Christ blood that was shed for all the sins of the world, and I have now a relationship the the One and only true God.

Sincerly

David Colvin

September 14th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Were you baptised (or whatever it is called in your religion, when you officially become a member)? nope

Was it just what you were brought up with or is it something you found on your own? Found it on my own I was brought up christian

If you found this religion on your own, how old were you? about 17

Do you attend fellowship meetings (at a church, coven, temple, etc.)? Yup we have rituals with our coven and we attend pagan festivals a few times a year

How closely do you follow your religion? Yes I do, very much so

Do you like your religion? Yes I DO! I ADORE it!!

Were you ever any other religion before deciding on the one you are now? Yes I was. I tried Apostolic, Catholic, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, budhist, and I tried Lutheran
September 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Squirtsmama

No I havent been but one of the guys that heads a Columbud group which consists of him and dh said I should
I came into it around 12
I do rituals and stuff but I couldnt go tonight because Connor is cranky from his shots today
Somewhat its harder since I had Connor
Yes Atheism
September 18th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Were you baptised (or whatever it is called in your religion, when you officially become a member)?[/b]
no

Quote:
Was it just what you were brought up with or is it something you found on your own?[/b]
I was brought up with the knowledge that my maternal grandmother was extremely religous, my mother was raised United(grandma changed churches after the kids were grown), my paternal grandparents were United but never went to Church. The 2 years we went to church we went to the United Church. I never believe in Christianity.

Quote:
If you found this religion on your own, how old were you?[/b]
At the latest 4

Quote:
Do you attend fellowship meetings (at a church, coven, temple, etc.)?[/b]
no, there is only 1 Coven here and I have yet to take the step to check it out.

Quote:
How closely do you follow your religion?[/b]
More and more daily.

Quote:
Do you like your religion?[/b]
Absolutely, it brings a great peaceness to my life. The more I follow it the better things that happen and the better person I am.

Quote:
Were you ever any other religion before deciding on the one you are now?[/b]
no, this is the only one that has ever felt right to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search