Runes Anyone?

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a set quite a few years ago, 8 I think. In June of this year I was browsing topics at Mothering and there was one on Runes. The Pagans who have been practicing alot longer than I mentioned which were good and bad. They mentioned the Author Ralph Blum and apparently he made up his entire book and explanation of Runes. He had come up with his own definitions of them. It was recommended not to buy them. So I dug mine out of storage and sure enough that's what I had. Even though I hadn't used/looked at them in about 6-7 years it was still a huge blow and it took until the last 1 1/2-2weeks to start being more positive about things.

Does anyone know if the Runes themselves are no good or if it's just his explanations of them? I am asking because when I picked them up about 1 1/2weeks ago I decided to pull 3(ended up with 4 so I used all 4). The ones I picked were Trust, Compassion, Surrendor and Prayer. All 4 relate to 1 aspect of my life right now. After I saw what they were and accepted that it is related to that part(which has been negative for a month or so) that part of my life turned around. I read a small amount of the book last week and it has a definite Christian slant to it so I stopped reading and plan on getting a new book.

Should I get new Runes & book or just a new book? If anyone has a website to give me what they read that'd help. Even a cleansing spell for them.
September 19th, 2004, 05:32 AM
zonapellucida
I always pulled CHANGE. I didn't have that athors interpretationa nd knwo mine have been trhown away so I couldn't even tell what set I had. I think it is just another form of divination like Tarot. Sometimes it tells you what you want, sometimes it doesn't but I don't think I would base my life on what stones or cards told me.
September 19th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Veteran
Are these similar to Oracle cards, being that they're a form of divination but aren't as complicated as Tarot?

I have a set of Oracle cards I use when I'm having problems sorting things out, and I use them in conjunction with meditation and prayer. I find that a lot of times it shows me options for things I haven't considered when dealing with a situation, and helps me work things out. I only use them once or twice a month (if that) and the rest of the time they just spend time on my shelf collecting dust. B)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search