Why is it.......????

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2004, 07:08 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why is it......that alot of people do not like to talk opennily about their beliefs or Religion? But, they will talk opennily about anything & everything else? What are your thoughts on this?

HUMMMM....Maybe it is because there are so many different Religions & Beliefs. Maybe some people are not living right so they do not want to think or talk about Religion or beliefs for that reason. Maybe they do not have any beliefs.

I can & do talk opennily about my Belief in "GOD"........But, most important people that are in my life can feel my beliefs in "GOD" by the way I treat them! That comes from my heart..... Because "GOD" is in my heart!

September 22nd, 2004, 07:20 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly the only people I know who do not like to talk about religion are Christians. I do not bring my spirituality up in front of them because I'm not up for a lecture. Whatever they have to say(and some have said it without knowing that I'm Pagan) isn't going to change my mind, but I will look at them as less of a person for trying to force their way upon me.

Now in general I think most people don't talk about it because of the heated discussions that come about.
September 22nd, 2004, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I think it is because they are afraid of being ridiculed or persecuted for it. It isn't the "cool" thing to do either. I have to admit, I don't talk about religion unless someone asks me and i try to keep it on an even keel, I usually don't like to debate religion. Somethings I will, but my mind isn't going to be changed (usually) so why get into some overheated discussion? I do not deny my God though, but I don't want to push him on people who don't believe. If I know you are a believer (and I know you are ) then I will say things like I will pray for you, but if I'm not sure or know you are not, then I say I will be thinking of you. I think religion is a very personal thing.
September 22nd, 2004, 08:07 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As I have said on other boards........I am interested in learning about other Religions. I do not label myself with any one Religion. I am very open minded woman when it comes to positive things in life!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search