Samhain

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you girls don't mind me just tossing stuff in here. It's getting close to Samhain (Halloween) and I wanted to tell you a bit about the veil. The veil is what seperates the spirit world from the physical world in which we live. About a month and a half before Samhain the veil starts to thin and in this time people even people who aren't into witchcraft or anything can notice odd little things. Someone out of the corner of their eye, someone whispering someone's name on the wind. On October 31st the pagan/wiccan new year the veil is at it's thinnest. If anyone is interested I have a VERY interesting story to tell about something that happened one time around Samhain
September 28th, 2004, 06:43 AM
I Heart 4x4
Tell it!!!!
September 28th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well this happened two years ago. We have a fall festival the second week in October (coming soon) and my friend Calisto and Iwere hanging around AFTER the fair ended one night (ends at 10 pm) well about 11 we were hanging around out back of the pub waiting for two friends who worked there to get off. A weird fog started to roll in it was REALLY thick. We started to hear whispers down the alley. We heard names being called out. You may think oh that's normal. But the square of the town was almost completely deserted except for the people in the pub. See the festival closes off the square for a whole weeks because the rides and everything are around the courthouse and in the roads So the fact that we heard whispered and no one was there well we were a little creeped out. Which is odd for my friend she was raised wiccan and was NEVER creeped out by this stuff. Well we stood in the alley and saw figures approaching us, but they never reached us. They'd get about 10 feet away and then were just gone like they were never there. Well we had to walk home and decided you know what screw our friends we're going home. It was about 1 am when we started home. It started to get windy and cooler and the fog was still there. We headed to her house, a good 20 blocks away. The whole time we kept seeing people that like the other one would vanish. We saw a lady pushing an old fashioned pram we saw men out drinking and they all just poofed and were gone. My friend started to REALLY freak out when we heard someone singing. Keep in mind this was at 1 am and I don't know about your towns but at 1 am our's is DEAD there is no one out walking save us weirdos and hardly anyone out driving even. So we heard a woman's voice singing a scottish lullabye and then our names were said. WE started to get a reallyreally bad feeling like something evil was following us. We grabbed each other and we hightailed it home and we SLAMMED the door and we performed EVERY cleansing and protection spell and charm we knew. I do NOT go outside after dark in october without Joe there. He is ALWAYS there now.
September 28th, 2004, 02:16 PM
I Heart 4x4
That IS creepy!! I would have freaked!
September 28th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't really creeped out untill the very end. It was just like we KNEW something was there and it made me blood almost freeze it felt like it was HORRIBLE.
September 29th, 2004, 12:13 PM
TheGeneralsGal
<shudders>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search