Jehovah Witnesses

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Shannoni71073
Quote:
Originally posted by pinkpercolator@Nov 27 2004, 08:32 AM
I went to school with a girl who was JW.* They couldn't sing Christmas songs.* They tried telling me Christmas is not when the calendar says it is.* Well I sort of understood that one.* Well actually I don't think anyone knows exactly when Christ was born.* But December 24th Christmas Eve is when we celebrate his birth.* This girl couldn't hang out with us like friends.* We'd talk in school.* But that was it.* Of course some years after we graduated high school.* This girl got arrested and sent to jail for trying to kill a guy.* The whole story even hit the Tabloids.* I think the one Weekly World* News.* Her roommate invites a guy home.* She is standing in the shower behind the curtain.* Had a hatchet.* Was going to do that RedRum thing* like from Psycho.* She I think gave the guy a bump or cut on his head.* But never actually killed him.* Yet she swore to be a devout Jehova's Witness. <div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

This annoyed me slightly....

So what if she claimed to be a JW. I assure you that the Jehovah's Witness organization did not condone her actions. The woman was flat out nuts.
January 11th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Shannoni71073
Quote:
Originally posted by AuntieFromBama@Dec 17 2004, 03:18 PM
I grew up with a girl who was JW and they aren't allowed to celebrate anything. They are not allowed to say the Pledge of Allegience. They believe that only so many people are going to heaven.

I have noticed the window thing, but have no idea why.

After I got off I found this Jehovah Witnesses

Hope that it can answer some questions that all of you had seeing as none of us could answer each other!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

That website is not reliable. It is biased beyond belief. Jehovah's Witnesses are screwed up, but I know this from my experiences. Just wanted to say that you will not really "learn" anything from that site.
January 11th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Shannoni71073
Quote:
Originally posted by SamanthaDawn@Dec 31 2004, 02:49 AM
my ex-SIL was a JW and she was a real *B**

she is making my brother file for divorce since apprently has no religious grounds of doing so, and if she did she would be banished from the church.*

Tho she wore pants and drank coffee and drank a lot of wine and smoked untill she burned a hole in her pants.

i'm just glad she is gone and out of my family's life ,,

she would come over when we were doing christmas with this look why don't i get any gifts but when we gave her something she said she couldn't accept it on that partular day.* as far as i know she was the biggest hippocrit ever.

she also didn't want to have kids cause she would get fat-- she was already fat -- IMO* she used my brother to get out of california and didn't want anything to do with him in that department -- my brother would make a great father
[/quote]

I hope she realizes that just because she didn't file for the divorce, she still didn't go away scott free. She will not be able to remarry, unless he cheated on her. If she does, she will be banished also.

And....people in all religons are hypocritical one way or another.
January 11th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Shannoni71073
Quote:
Originally posted by kristinemf@Jan 3 2005, 05:01 PM
My mother was a Jehovah's Witness........I was raised with that religion and never felt comfortable with it.* I was forced as a child to not salute the flag, participate in any holiday activities, brithday parties etc.......it was very hard as a kid.* I am not a christian and so is my mom.* They do not believe in the trinity........they believe that Jesus was an arch angel named Micheal that came down from Heaven.* If there is anything you would like to know about this.........feel free to ask!
[/quote]

yay...someone like me!! We should definitely chat!!!
January 11th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Shannoni71073
I hope I have not offended anyone. I was a JW for 19 years. I left the organization when I was 19. I feel like I know it pretty well. They are undoubtedly a cult, in my opinion. I just like to point out the wrong beliefs that people have about them.

Thank you for the fun!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search